Main Menu

John Prine

Started by Mr. White, Sep 05, 2013, 10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

John Prine is going to be on The Colbert Report tonight. It starts in a little more than an hour, but as most of you know (or should know), Comedy Central rebroadcasts this show again at 1:30 am, 9:30 am, and 6:57 pm on Friday night.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Come Closer

https://www.stereogum.com/2078485/john-prine-coronavirus-hospital-critical/news/

Unfortunately, it felt like this was coming after hearing about his wife. Hoping he pulls through.

rkwedge

Quote from: Osistheones on Mar 29, 2020, 06:07 PMhttps://www.stereogum.com/2078485/john-prine-coronavirus-hospital-critical/news/

Unfortunately, it felt like this was coming after hearing about his wife. Hoping he pulls through.
Damn, this is terrible news. Hang in there John  :cry:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Mr. White

This was posted on John's Twitter page by the Prine Family earlier today.

https://twitter.com/JohnPrineMusic

Mr. White

Jim & John Prine
Newport Folk Festival
"All The Best"
7/30/2017

Mr. White

John Prine & Roger Waters
"Hello In There"
Newport Folk Festival
7/30/2017

Mr. White

Jim
"All The Best" (John Prine Cover)

Mr. White

Heather Summers
"Spanish Pipedream" (John Prine Cover)
Crestwood, Kentucky
March 30, 2020

Heather is one-half of the band, The Other Years. I've met her and talked with her on several occasions, and she is one of the most down-to-earth people you will ever find. She lives in a cabin at Foxhollow Farm in Crestwood, Kentucky (about 20 or so miles northeast of Louisville). Heather has been posting solo performances each day for the last 16 days during this COVID-19 Lock Down. She is inspirational. She will break your heart.

Mr. White

John died today.

This is a photo I took of my T-Shirt from his OH BOY RECORDS Interweb site that was part of a fundraiser for Nashville Tornado Relief. The back says, OH BOY NASHVILLE IS PRETTY GOOD.

I got myself one and one for my brother and took this photo to show him what it looked like until we can get together again.

Play your John Prine Music real loud tonight. Send him your love. Send out your love to his family.

walterfredo

Devastating. Heartbreaking.

Bulldog

Last year, Prine was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame. Onstage, he summed up why he chose a life as a songwriter: "I gotta say, there's no better feeling than having a killer song in your pocket, and you're the only one in the world who's heard it."

rkwedge

The world has lost a treasure in trying times. R.I.P. John
F-You Covid 19

Mr. White

My Morning Jacket & John Prine
"All The Best"
Americanarama Tour
Memphis, Tennessee
7/2/2013

Cameron

^^^ I met John in The Peabody lobby before that show. He was so nice. An all timer. This sucks.

davymac

Quote from: Mr. White on Apr 09, 2020, 09:06 PM

My Morning Jacket & John Prine
"All The Best"
Americanarama Tour
Memphis, Tennessee
7/2/2013

It's been such a sad week, but this video sure made me smile.  Never seen it before, thanks for sharing Mr. White!

Mr. White

John Prine
"Your Flag Decal Won't Get You Into Heaven Anymore"
Louisville Palace Theatre
Louisville, Kentucky
June 8, 2018

Come Closer

rkwedge

WPLN is a public radio station in Nashville, they are broadcasting a radio wake for John Prine on 4/29/2020. Here's a link:
https://wpln.org/a-radio-wake-for-john-prine/

CC

"Picture Show: A Tribute Celebrating John Prine" will premiere this Thursday, June 11 at 7:30pm ET/6:30pm CT/4:30pm PT across multiple platforms including Prine's YouTube, Facebook and Twitch channels.

feat. appearances from Jim James, Sturgill Simpson, Kacey Musgraves, Jason Isbell and Amanda Shires, Dan Auerbach, Bonnie Raitt, Brandi Carlile, Kurt Vile, Stephen Colbert, Bill Murray and more.

ChiefOKONO

Thank you for the heads up!