Concert Streams Starting Friday

Started by parkervb, Apr 29, 2020, 02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkervb

https://www.mymorningjacket.com/news/299114

Quote04/29/2020 Friends!!! In times like these it feels more important than ever to come together. While we can't gather in person, we're excited to announce that over the coming months we will be streaming some videos of archival shows. First up, a live webcast of our show from Shaky Knees Festival 2016. Tune in Friday at 8pm ET on the My Morning Jacket Facebook and YouTube pages as well as at Nugs.tv. For each webcast, we'll be suggesting donations to a different beneficiary. Donations made during Friday's webcast will benefit Crew Nation, dedicated to extending a helping hand to the touring and venue crews who depend on shows and tours to make a living. Learn how you can support here.

As you may know, we've had a bunch of shows available for download on Nugs.net. They're now available to stream as part of Nugs.net's live music subscription service, almost all of which are also available in MQA 24-bit hi-res audio (available in the nugs.net hi-fi tier). In addition, two new shows are being added: our 2016 show from the Tivoli Theater in Chattanooga, TN as well as the Shaky Knees show (this will be available after the webcast concludes on Friday night). New shows from the band's extensive archives will be added to the service each month. For more information, check out our page at nugs.net. New subscribers can start a 30-day free trial and get instant access to stream our available archive.

(wasn't sure if this was best section so feel free to move to Band or another section if needed)
Don't you ever turn it off

parkervb

CountSA

"New shows from the band's extensive archives will be added..."

Hell yes!

parkervb

the new Nugs show from Tivoli has an amazing setlist. I was at the next night in Asheville which was also a great show.

jttouch2

That Chattanooga show is an AMAZING memory for me. So excited to have it in such quality form!!! Thanks to the master Ryan Pickett for mixing it so well.

walterfredo

Jbpats

about time, I was getting tired of dead and co shows lol

APR

Thank you for doing this!!!!  Friday nights just got a lot better.

rkwedge

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the best news in months.  Thank you MMJ  :drum:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Varitek

Quote from: CountSA on Apr 29, 2020, 02:34 PM"New shows from the band's extensive archives will be added..."

Hell yes!

Hell yes indeed! Very excited for some new recordings to see the light of day..

"New archival shows will be added each month"

I hope this rings true....
"Did he just put on a cape?"

Clarkwork

This is fantastic newss, been waiting for them to put those up on Nugs for a long time. 
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

CC

here's the direct link for the webcast tonight 8PM ET

RastaRunner5

mdgsolo

RastaRunner5

Wow! This is shot beautifully. Lots of great angles, even a few okonokos esque from the audience.

Wonderful performance and all members of the band getting coverage.

jttouch2

That was pretty great.Camera work was awesome, sound was AWESOME, killer steam-purple rain-aeiou run there. Man I miss seeing this.

MMJCOBRA

First off....that was AMAZING!!!  Thank you Carl, Bo, Jim, Tom and Patrick.  I really needed that. This quarantine desperately needed some MMJ!!

Second, you guys don't forget to donate to crew nation if you can. Me and three buds watched it together virtually and all donated.

Heres the link and a blurb from MMJ:

https://www.livenationentertainment.com/crewnation/

"For each webcast, we'll be suggesting donations to a different beneficiary. Donations made during Friday's webcast will benefit Crew Nation, dedicated to extending a helping hand to the touring and venue crews who depend on shows and tours to make a living. Learn how you can support here. "

MPP

Quote from: jttouch2 on May 01, 2020, 10:00 PMThat was pretty great.Camera work was awesome, sound was AWESOME, killer steam-purple rain-aeiou run there. Man I miss seeing this.

Oh yes, it was awesome, cameras, sound, performance. The anticipation before this came on, almost felt like a real concert pre-show.  Life in lockdown. So glad they did this.

My first show was MPP in 2015, no idea who they were, gf knew them and took me.  Hooked before they even got to the OBH closer.  Second show was Lockn 2016, this was a couple months before that. Loved this set. Like you said, miss seeing this.

LBSUNFLWR

That was awesome. Much needed.

I was lucky to be at 2 incredible shows at Iroquois Amphitheater the nights before this. 😊

CC

for those who missed it, you can still watch it (for the time being)