Currently Listening To...

Started by CC, Dec 23, 2010, 08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJTX

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Feb 20, 2020, 04:03 PMThe new Lone Bellow album Half Moon Light is pretty good!!!  any fans here?

oh ya! im a fan for sure!
Anytime

ChiefOKONO

Nice! how do you like the new one and do you recommend any of the others - wondering how they are?

Quote from: MMJTX on Feb 21, 2020, 08:41 AM
Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Feb 20, 2020, 04:03 PMThe new Lone Bellow album Half Moon Light is pretty good!!!  any fans here?

MMJTX

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Feb 21, 2020, 02:16 PMNice! how do you like the new one and do you recommend any of the others - wondering how they are?

Quote from: MMJTX on Feb 21, 2020, 08:41 AM

i've really only listened to the first two albums much but love them both
Anytime

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

Come Closer

Haha me too. 3 songs in, good stuff so far. Seems more straight ahead and less droney than the debut. Check out the Pacific Range album from this year.

parkervb

Waylon Payne, if you like country music, Waylon Payne is your guy. He's released a few of his new songs over the year before his album drops in the fall. If you liked Southeastern by Jason Isbell, you'll prolly dig these songs.

ChiefOKONO

Thank you, looking forward to checking out Wayne.

parkervb

SOTA is one of my all time jams and I was a lil worried they'd give it too much yacht rock but they did it proper.

APR

Quote from: parkervb on Sep 21, 2020, 04:18 PMSOTA is one of my all time jams and I was a lil worried they'd give it too much yacht rock but they did it proper.

I happened to watch this clip last night and really enjoyed it too.  Illiterate Light has an MMJ cover (Thank You Too with a surprise jam in the middle) that is definitely worth viewing/listening.

parkervb

never once in my life had I listened to Can before last week and now I am obsessed with this new live release. 90 minutes of just JAMS.

Lucius

One of the most hypnotic and wonderful performances I've ever seen. I hope to catch it live one day! Like Jacket they switch the set up every night and I've never managed to catch this song :cry:

God I miss live music so much
it wouldn't be a party without you

.Walt

The Smoking Trees - The Archer and The Bull
Mellow-California-Psychedelic vibes
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Lucius

Lucius leaving their disco phase and entering their moody psychedelic phase. I'm here for it!

That jam at the end :headphones: <3

jttouch2

https://open.spotify.com/album/1hngVRZt95TrqPqXoJzQ4A?si=ZqRXAnv-S2ej2wHifv8ghA

Her 2019 album Titanic Rising is probably my favorite record of the last 5 years, and on first listen I think she hit the jackpot again. Looking forward to diving in deeper on this one!

Lucius

Really loving this quirky AF new song from Feist.

I'm not so much into her more mellow stuff but I absolutely love it when she gets a bit weird. "Centuries" from her last album was a strange, euphoric, indie rock banger!

LBSUNFLWR

I am back on a Phosphorescent kick.  <3

sillyboob

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Feb 18, 2023, 01:44 PMI am back on a Phosphorescent kick.  <3

I really dug his 2022 Covers project.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.