The Waterfall II

Started by johnnYYac, Jul 06, 2020, 01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

Has no one posted yet about the new album, out any day now?

The Waterfall II was accidentally revealed when a pre-order page went live for a short period. It offered a limited (1000) yellow vinyl, with or without assorted swag. A few folks managed to place orders before the page vanished. That's all I know. I'll post track list and more soon.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

johnnYYac

Side A

1. Spinning My Wheels
2. Still Thinkin
3. Climbing The Ladder
4. Feel You
5. Beautiful Love (Wasn't Enough)

Side B

1. Magic Bullet
2. Run It
3. Wasted
4. Welcome Home
5. The First Time
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

walterfredo

Where did this page go live? Their website?

davymac

Any word on when this will be officially released?

MMJTX

Quote from: davymac on Jul 06, 2020, 07:00 AMAny word on when this will be officially released?

According to some that got thru the order process the release date "is/was" set to be August 28th
Anytime

RobRoy286

robb

there was a thread, but it got deleted.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

parkervb

I'm sure this will get deleted too...

I have to say I am not that excited by this at this moment. If I had never heard about the Waterfall II, this would probably get me amped. I'd much prefer a live album (I don't think that's an uncommon position either). I guess they don't want to release "new" music until they can tour behind it and there's nothing wrong with that. Just don't hit us some limited edition album with Spotify exclusives and expect all of us to jump for joy. My "buy all music MMJ-related" position will be tested with this release ;)

Don't let my salty nature dampen your excitement by any means!
Don't you ever turn it off

millerjustin

big announcement tomorrow
What's in here won't disappear

APR

New MMJ songs from 5 years ago would be amazing in these otherwise crap days.  I thought I read that MMJ finished up in the studio earlier this year just before everything closed down.  That could mean Waterfall 2 later this summer and NEW album out a bit later.  I'm looking forward to the announcement and hearing the new stuff.   

ChiefOKONO

OMG Please let this be true!!!!

walterfredo

so this yellow pressing will only be available to spotify customers?

robb

Quote from: walterfredo on Jul 06, 2020, 04:49 PMso this yellow pressing will only be available to spotify customers?

i think that was the intent, but my hunch is that it'll be available to whoever visits the link. i was able to order one without issues by just navigating to the link the other night while it was still up.

7thsun

So we could potentially see Waterfall II released along with the re-release of Chapters 1 & 2 this year (all but confirmed by Darla) followed by recently recorded material in 2021 that'll be backed by a tour... Sign me the eff up.

The recently recorded material being separate from Waterfall II is the only thing not clear I think.

Also, the band's body of work speaks for itself at this point. People complaining about the band's output is so tired. They could release nothing but a cover of the I Love You song by Barney over the next 10 years and I'd still be happy.

CountSA

Quote from: robb on Jul 06, 2020, 06:28 PM
Quote from: walterfredo on Jul 06, 2020, 04:49 PMso this yellow pressing will only be available to spotify customers?

i think that was the intent, but my hunch is that it'll be available to whoever visits the link. i was able to order one without issues by just navigating to the link the other night while it was still up.

It sounds like it's been taken down but where did you find the link?

oistheone

Hoooooooooooooo mama that snippet they just posted sounds like AURAL BLISS! Those textures are oooooozing Pink Floyd.

First single tomorrow, bring it on!!!

davymac

Finally some good news in 2020! Looking forward to this!

robb

Quote from: CountSA on Jul 06, 2020, 10:41 PM
Quote from: robb on Jul 06, 2020, 06:28 PM

It sounds like it's been taken down but where did you find the link?

it was mostly a case of right time/right place. somebody on facebook had stumbled across it and shared it to the fan club group.

Lucius

It not being available [physically] in Europe is a disappointment but I'm thrilled this is actually happening! Though it's not their best album The Waterfall is my favourite on nostalgia grounds alone so I'm extremely ready for this! Can't wait to get blazed and devour a body of new Jacket songs in one sitting :cheesy:
it wouldn't be a party without you