The Waterfall II

Started by johnnYYac, Jul 06, 2020, 01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sillyboob

Quote from: parkervb on Jul 06, 2020, 10:34 AMI'm sure this will get deleted too...

I have to say I am not that excited by this at this moment. If I had never heard about the Waterfall II, this would probably get me amped. I'd much prefer a live album (I don't think that's an uncommon position either). I guess they don't want to release "new" music until they can tour behind it and there's nothing wrong with that. Just don't hit us some limited edition album with Spotify exclusives and expect all of us to jump for joy. My "buy all music MMJ-related" position will be tested with this release ;)

Don't let my salty nature dampen your excitement by any means!

So I'm curious to your take here, about the live album.  The guys just released ten nearly complete shows on nugs.net, but do you feel there is a separate 'live album' waiting to be released, something maybe recorded on multiple nights of a tour and pieced together as being representative of whole tour maybe?  Only asking because I know there's been lots of talk about a live album being complete, ready to go.  But they just released 10 shows, so I'm confused.

Just curious as to your (parkervb and others) thoughts.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

searchinbig

Quote from: walterfredo on Jul 07, 2020, 12:32 PM
Quote from: subinai on Jul 07, 2020, 12:26 PMordered the indie color vinyl and deluxe color vinyl from end of an ear in austin

a little confused by this, would love to get the deluxe package, but support my LRS. ON MMJ website is says this... "ยท Only 1,000 available through our store for this limited run" but yet others are saying they are ordering the deluxe through local outlets??

Yeah, "Deluxe" looks like it's available from ATO also.....
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

DirtyPancho

I think the Deluxe on MMJ site includes a signed photo, which is a bummer because I already ordered mine on ATO

walterfredo

Quote from: DirtyPancho on Jul 07, 2020, 12:55 PMI think the Deluxe on MMJ site includes a signed photo, which is a bummer because I already ordered mine on ATO

which is now sold out. Dammit should not have waited. I was thinking the signed photo came with all of the 5K of deluxe, but apparently not. Bummed I missed, but still happy to have this!

Mr. White

Quote from: walterfredo on Jul 07, 2020, 12:56 PM
Quote from: DirtyPancho on Jul 07, 2020, 12:55 PMI think the Deluxe on MMJ site includes a signed photo, which is a bummer because I already ordered mine on ATO

which is now sold out. Dammit should not have waited. I was thinking the signed photo came with all of the 5K of deluxe, but apparently not. Bummed I missed, but still happy to have this!

I just noticed the signed photo was sold out too. That's a shame.
I'm hoping the digital version gets released on Bandcamp, so I can get it in FLAC.
Looking forward to the listening party!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

walterfredo

if anyone by chance ends up with an extra of the signed clinch photo, please talk to me.

walterfredo

also just noticed 'Welcome Home' on the tracklisting. assuming this is same tune from the itunes sessions they released in 2011. Love this song so much!

ChiefOKONO

INCREDIBLE NEWS!!!! woooooo!!   :drum:

Does anyone know if these songs are from the Waterfall sessions or the new stuff that they recently recorded??

rkwedge

Quote from: walterfredo on Jul 07, 2020, 01:16 PMalso just noticed 'Welcome Home' on the tracklisting. assuming this is same tune from the itunes sessions they released in 2011. Love this song so much!
Agreed, great song. The version on the 2012 Port Chester shows is soooo good.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

parkervb

Quote from: sillyboob on Jul 07, 2020, 12:48 PM
Quote from: parkervb on Jul 06, 2020, 10:34 AMI'm sure this will get deleted too...

I have to say I am not that excited by this at this moment. If I had never heard about the Waterfall II, this would probably get me amped. I'd much prefer a live album (I don't think that's an uncommon position either). I guess they don't want to release "new" music until they can tour behind it and there's nothing wrong with that. Just don't hit us some limited edition album with Spotify exclusives and expect all of us to jump for joy. My "buy all music MMJ-related" position will be tested with this release ;)

Don't let my salty nature dampen your excitement by any means!

So I'm curious to your take here, about the live album.  The guys just released ten nearly complete shows on nugs.net, but do you feel there is a separate 'live album' waiting to be released, something maybe recorded on multiple nights of a tour and pieced together as being representative of whole tour maybe?  Only asking because I know there's been lots of talk about a live album being complete, ready to go.  But they just released 10 shows, so I'm confused.

Just curious as to your (parkervb and others) thoughts.

release the Beacon! <-those are my thoughts
Don't you ever turn it off

parkervb

also, after hearing the clip this morning and seeing all the enthusiasm online, the excitement is starting to build for me. There's been a lot of rumor and talk about this album, so much that I just refused to buy in until there was something to get excited about and that clip this morning did it for me.

Bummed I have a commitment on Thursday night or I'd be online reveling in new music with yall.
Don't you ever turn it off

walterfredo

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Jul 07, 2020, 01:40 PMINCREDIBLE NEWS!!!! woooooo!!   :drum:

Does anyone know if these songs are from the Waterfall sessions or the new stuff that they recently recorded??

mostly, if not all, recorded during the waterfall recording sessions in Stinson Beach, CA. At least this is my understanding.

gardenparty

Quote from: rkwedge on Jul 07, 2020, 01:40 PM
Quote from: walterfredo on Jul 07, 2020, 01:16 PMalso just noticed 'Welcome Home' on the tracklisting. assuming this is same tune from the itunes sessions they released in 2011. Love this song so much!
Agreed, great song. The version on the 2012 Port Chester shows is soooo good.
Noticed this as well.  I already love the studio version we have so was not supre stoked to see it on the tracklisting.  BUT, if it fits the album flow i'm all for it

Super stoked.  this is great news!

Thanks MMJ!

walterfredo

Had I had a bit more lead time on this, would have looked into renting the Panoramic House (where this was recorded) for a listening party with some friends. Available to rent for a reasonable price. Would have been pretty f'n badass.

https://www.panoramic-house.com/

subinai

Interesting tidbit from https://www.brooklynvegan.com/my-morning-jacket-releasing-long-awaited-album-the-waterfall-ii-this-friday/

"MMJ will also be on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon on Wednesday, July 15."

MMJCOBRA

walterfredo

Quote from: unravelled on Jul 07, 2020, 02:31 PMhttps://mymorningjacket.colortestmerch.com/collections/spotify/products/the-waterfall-ii-vinyl-spotify-fan-exclusive

Looks like the signed print still available for the yellow.

Thanks for posting! It definitely said "sold out" earlier on just the signed print language that was lined out. Ordered, Hope it actually has it.

Cameron

i hope the print is the picture tom posted.  beautiful.

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: walterfredo on Jul 07, 2020, 02:35 PM
Quote from: unravelled on Jul 07, 2020, 02:31 PMhttps://mymorningjacket.colortestmerch.com/collections/spotify/products/the-waterfall-ii-vinyl-spotify-fan-exclusive

Looks like the signed print still available for the yellow.

Thanks for posting! It definitely said "sold out" earlier on just the signed print language that was lined out. Ordered, Hope it actually has it.

No prob!  It was struck through earlier but made available again somehow!

Mr. White

Quote from: Mr. White on Jul 07, 2020, 01:00 PM
Quote from: walterfredo on Jul 07, 2020, 12:56 PM

I just noticed the signed photo was sold out too. That's a shame.
I'm hoping the digital version gets released on Bandcamp, so I can get it in FLAC.
Looking forward to the listening party!

Just got an alert on my phone from Bandcamp, and yes, they will be offering it! Said they are selling the clear vinyl for pre-order for $23 plus $4.50 for shipping. I'm getting my copy through them because it includes the FLAC digital download and unlimited streaming on their app when signed in to your account.

Cool!

Edit: Just ordered, confirmed, and sent my money: $27.50!!!

https://mmorningjacket.bandcamp.com/

"-Gatefold jacket
-Clear colored vinyl
-Includes digital download

Includes digital pre-order of THE WATERFALL II. The moment the album is released you'll get unlimited streaming via the free Bandcamp app, plus a high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.
digital album releases July 10, 2020
item ships out on or around August 28, 2020"
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011