The Waterfall II

Started by johnnYYac, Jul 06, 2020, 01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erad

So i ordered the deluxe vinyl but when i ordered (less than an hour after posted mind you) it already said the signed photo was sold out. Now i'm seeing also this message:
The first 1,000 orders containing this PRE-ORDER item will ship after August 24th

Due to increased demand we have furthered production and all orders after the initial 1,000 will ship after September 7th
Does that mean the first 1000 all contained the signed photo, aka pre-order item? and they all sold out by the time i ordered, so now what i ordered won't arrive until after September 7th??  If so i'd love to know so i can cancel and preorder elsewhere...

RobRoy286

So does "available digitally" mean it'll be on Apple Music/Spotify on Friday?

CC

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Jul 07, 2020, 04:41 PMSo does "available digitally" mean it'll be on Apple Music/Spotify on Friday?

yes. see all options here
https://smarturl.it/MMJ_TheWaterfall2

spotify isn't listed but i'm sure it will be on there too

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: Erad on Jul 07, 2020, 04:13 PMSo i ordered the deluxe vinyl but when i ordered (less than an hour after posted mind you) it already said the signed photo was sold out. Now i'm seeing also this message:
The first 1,000 orders containing this PRE-ORDER item will ship after August 24th

Due to increased demand we have furthered production and all orders after the initial 1,000 will ship after September 7th
Does that mean the first 1000 all contained the signed photo, aka pre-order item? and they all sold out by the time i ordered, so now what i ordered won't arrive until after September 7th??  If so i'd love to know so i can cancel and preorder elsewhere...

I just emailed them the same question?
When I look at my confirmation email, I can't fully open my order summary, to check if the signed photo is part of my order.

Cameron

Same. Mine says deluxe and I know it wasn't crossed out when I ordered but nothing on confirmation. Receipt says 11:21 central.

ranyart

It is really good to see the beast waking up!  YouTube, download, vinyl, and even a TV appearance.  Bring it on!!! 

dookie shoot bandit

Should be very interesting when they tour next. With The Waterfall II and the potential of a brand new studio album... how will they trickle in the rest of the catalog? We always know after a new album we will get 90% of the new material mixed in with the rest of their goodness. But now, with the possibility of 20 or more new songs to smush into a setlist?
Jim did say he regained appreciation for the live show experience during this long quarantine... so shall we be in for the old fashioned 3hr shows? Wishful thinking I'm sure, but still curious how they will put together the setlist

robb

Quote from: dookie shoot bandit on Jul 07, 2020, 06:28 PMShould be very interesting when they tour next. With The Waterfall II and the potential of a brand new studio album... how will they trickle in the rest of the catalog? We always a know after a new album we will get 90% of the new material mixed in with the rest of their goodness. But now, with the possibility of 20 or more new songs to smush into a setlist?
Jim did say he regained appreciation for the live show experience... so shall we be in for the old fashioned 3.5 hr shows? Wishful thinking I'm sure, but still curious how they will put together the setlist

hopefully they stick with the format of the original waterfall tour and play multiple nights in each city.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

gardenparty

Quote from: robb on Jul 07, 2020, 06:29 PM
Quote from: dookie shoot bandit on Jul 07, 2020, 06:28 PMShould be very interesting when they tour next. With The Waterfall II and the potential of a brand new studio album... how will they trickle in the rest of the catalog? We always a know after a new album we will get 90% of the new material mixed in with the rest of their goodness. But now, with the possibility of 20 or more new songs to smush into a setlist?
Jim did say he regained appreciation for the live show experience... so shall we be in for the old fashioned 3.5 hr shows? Wishful thinking I'm sure, but still curious how they will put together the setlist

hopefully they stick with the format of the original waterfall tour and play multiple nights in each city.
Multiple nights in more intimate theaters/venues seems like the best approach now.  On all levels, it just seems like what works best for the band and the fans

LBSUNFLWR

This made the 6:00 news in Louisville. Gotta love it. ❤️

oistheone

I had a chance to hear the album.

Read no further if you want to go in fresh on Thursday!

Among the MANY highlights:

Still Thinkin' - Some of the most 60s-sounding pop MMJ has ever recorded. Sounds like a catchy reworking of "Exploding", until it breaks into a classic Jacket ending with Jim rippin' huge licks, Bo layin' down the vibes and Carl wailing on sax.

Climbing The Ladder - MMJ's most rockin' honky tonk ripper on anything since It Still Moves. This track is a straight barroom dancefloor burner, with an awesome multi-guitar attack -- some slippin' and slidin', some chicken pickin' and some fuzz rippin' and roarin'. I am fuckin' PUMPED to dance to this live. 

Feel You - This was the song teased the other day. And for DAMN GOOD REASON, as this is the next Jacket epic. Feel You is Lay Low's more mellow brother, with huge, soaring Jim vocals and all the guitar weaving magic that MMJ fans crave. And somehow in 2014, Bo had already brought the Floyd fairy dust to the mix?! This song is a stunner.

Beautiful Love - A pleasant soul chugger that is hugely elevated by a sick fuzz solo.

Magic Bullet - We've all heard this before, but it somehow sounds fresher here? I suspect this is a new, supremely spacious mix, filtered through a Funkadelic plugin. #wildtones #crazyhorns

Run It - An awesome Bill Withers-esque 70s singer-songwriter jam. Tommy makes this one pop with a sick Muscle Shoals groove, and Bo continues to elevate every song he's heavily featured on.

Wasted - Starts off sounding like Dan Auerbach run of the mill riffin' until it grows into the next Run Thru, crazy breakdown and all! There is a HUGE instrumental section which features incredible solos by Bo, Carl AND Jim! Not to mention BIG horns. This will be a live staple for years to come.

First Time - Wonderfully saccharine and supremely jammin', like the much happier cousin of Only Memories Remain. A perfect closer to the Waterfall saga. 

The only bad thing about this album is how BADLY it made me want to see these tunes live and I know that ain't happenin' for a while. Here's to a huge 2021 for MMJ!

Nikkogino

Quote from: oistheone on Jul 08, 2020, 01:12 AMI had a chance to hear the album.

Still Thinkin' - Some of the most 60s-sounding pop MMJ has ever recorded. Sounds like a catchy reworking of "Exploding", until it breaks into a classic Jacket ending with Jim rippin' huge licks, Bo layin' down the vibes and Carl wailing on sax.

Climbing The Ladder - MMJ's most rockin' honky tonk ripper on anything since It Still Moves. This track is a straight barroom dancefloor burner, with an awesome multi-guitar attack -- some slippin' and slidin', some chicken pickin' and some fuzz rippin' and roarin'. I am fuckin' PUMPED to dance to this live. 

Feel You - This was the song teased the other day. And for DAMN GOOD REASON, as this is the next Jacket epic. Feel You is Lay Low's more mellow brother, with huge, soaring Jim vocals and all the guitar weaving magic that MMJ fans crave. And somehow in 2014, Bo had already brought the Floyd fairy dust to the mix?! This song is a stunner.

Beautiful Love - A pleasant soul chugger that is hugely elevated by a sick fuzz solo.

Magic Bullet - We've all heard this before, but it somehow sounds fresher here? I suspect this is a new, supremely spacious mix, filtered through a Funkadelic plugin. #wildtones #crazyhorns

Run It - An awesome Bill Withers-esque 70s singer-songwriter jam. Tommy makes this one pop with a sick Muscle Shoals groove, and Bo continues to elevate every song he's heavily featured on.

Wasted - Starts off sounding like Dan Auerbach run of the mill riffin' until it grows into the next Run Thru, crazy breakdown and all! There is a HUGE instrumental section which features incredible solos by Bo, Carl AND Jim! Not to mention BIG horns. This will be a live staple for years to come.

First Time - Wonderfully saccharine and supremely jammin', like the much happier cousin of Only Memories Remain. A perfect closer to the Waterfall saga. 

The only bad thing about this album is how BADLY it made me want to see these tunes live and I know that ain't happenin' for a while. Here's to a huge 2021 for MMJ!

Awesome!

What about "Welcome Home"?  I love the version from iTunes so much that I'm scared this one won't live up.

davymac

Quote from: oistheone on Jul 08, 2020, 01:12 AMI had a chance to hear the album.

I didn't think my excitement for Waterfall II could increase.  I was wrong! Great write up, can't wait for Thursday's listening party!

RobRoy286

Yeah I'm really curious about Welcome Home!

Guess I won't have to wait long.

Did I mention how fucking happy I am about this being released?

Let's fucking go!

derbydave

Thanks for sharing...
I thought that teaser sounded very "floydish" too,
looking forward to hearing the album tomorrow!!
Out go the lights, it begins...

dookie shoot bandit

If I couldn't be more pumped! Great review!

Definitely can't wait to hear the Welcome Home version. Love the xmas album and WHATTA SURPRISE to hear it live at The Port Chester run!!!

What about Spinning the Wheels? Curious about this one too, since the song, according to Jim, is basically why we are getting these songs released now

Lucius

Album is up for pre-order on iTunes now if anybody here still buys from there! Posting the tracklisting with song lengths in case anyone like me is a loser who gets excited by seeing stuff like that for the first time!

1 Spinning My Wheels - 4:47
  2 Still Thinkin' - 4:13
  3 Climbing The Ladder - 3:00
  4 Feel You - 6:13
  5 Beautiful Love (Wasn't Enough) - 2:51
  6 Magic Bullet - 5:12
  7 Run It - 4:37
  8 Wasted - 6:06
  9 Welcome Home - 3:46
10 The First Time - 5:45

The First Time is already listed as purchased for me so I guess it's the exact same version as the one from Roadies. I wondered if the mixing might be any different or if anything might have been changed but I guess not!
it wouldn't be a party without you

ChiefOKONO

oh, hi!

Does anyone have that photo handy from the Waterfall recording sessions with some of the other tracks listed on there that they can re-post?  I believe I saw it on this forum a while back.

I was wondering if there were different ones there than appear on the Waterfall II?

parkervb

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Jul 08, 2020, 12:45 PMoh, hi!

Does anyone have that photo handy from the Waterfall recording sessions with some of the other tracks listed on there that they can re-post?  I believe I saw it on this forum a while back.

I was wondering if there were different ones there than appear on the Waterfall II?

here is a link to a IG post from Tucker with some of the songs listed:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm_q_0kh9RT/

I believe there is another one running around the webz somewhere too
Don't you ever turn it off

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: Lucius on Jul 08, 2020, 11:33 AMAlbum is up for pre-order on iTunes now if anybody here still buys from there! Posting the tracklisting with song lengths in case anyone like me is a loser who gets excited by seeing stuff like that for the first time!

1 Spinning My Wheels - 4:47
  2 Still Thinkin' - 4:13
  3 Climbing The Ladder - 3:00
  4 Feel You - 6:13
  5 Beautiful Love (Wasn't Enough) - 2:51
  6 Magic Bullet - 5:12
  7 Run It - 4:37
  8 Wasted - 6:06
  9 Welcome Home - 3:46
10 The First Time - 5:45

The First Time is already listed as purchased for me so I guess it's the exact same version as the one from Roadies. I wondered if the mixing might be any different or if anything might have been changed but I guess not!

Good catch on The First Time
That's definitely that song

So we shall get at least 7 new songs and a studio version of Welcome Home