Another New Album? HOTDAMN!

Started by bhyman, Jul 10, 2020, 12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bhyman

Woke up today ready to dig into Waterfall II to be greeted with news of another album soon. What a great day for Jacketheads...

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/07/jim-james-my-morning-jacket-new-record/

parkervb

so what is music to my ears is that it was just the 5 of them working on the album. No producer. They don't really need one with the guys they have in the band. Total pros. I hope that it means Carl gets more input on songwriting.
Don't you ever turn it off

RobRoy286

They said the same thing when Waterfall 1 came out...they can't hurt me again.

:)

jttouch2

So what I understand is that was supposed to be our new release, but when touring became impossible they switched to this, and they'll release this as soon as they can tour again. Man those setlists are gonna be REAL different with 2 new albums to mix in.

ChiefOKONO

ranyart

Great interview and thanks for sharing!  We are fortunate to have WFPK Radio Louisville over the air where we live.  It's one of the last truly great music radio stations left, at least around these parts, and it's awesome to hear Jim and Kyle together again.  I love the new album talk and all I've got to say is...

Bring It On!!!

Mr. White

Quote from: ranyart on Jul 12, 2020, 07:54 PMGreat interview and thanks for sharing!  We are fortunate to have WFPK Radio Louisville over the air where we live.  It's one of the last truly great music radio stations left, at least around these parts, and it's awesome to hear Jim and Kyle together again.  I love the new album talk and all I've got to say is...

Bring It On!!!

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011