7/13/2011 Ottawa Bluesfest

CC

ON JULY 14

2001:

MMJ played at Joey G's in Madison, IN
w/ Stories For Boys

2012:
MMJ played at Forecastle Festival in Louisville, KY
special guests: Johnny Quaid, Dean Wareham, Andrew Bird, Clint Maedgen, Squallis Puppeteers

2013:
MMJ played at AmericanaramA (DTE Energy Music Theatre) in Clarkston, MI
also w/ Bob Dylan, Wilco, Richard Thompson

2017:
MMJ played at Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, MD

7/14/2012 Forecastle Festival

robb

Quote from: CC on Jul 14, 2020, 01:26 AMON JULY 14

2001:

w/ Stories For Boys

2012:
special guests: Johnny Quaid, Dean Wareham, Andrew Bird, Clint Maedgen, Squallis Puppeteers

2013:

2017:

"under the overpass" is always going to be one of my favorite live jacket moments. something about that whole day was just really special. started with this and the huge down pour, and awesome home town festival headlining set, and then capped off with the after party on the boat. what a day.

i was also at the americanarama show the next year. it was a pretty pedestrian jacket set, but the guys came out later with wilco and absolutely destroyed a cover of tomorrow never knows. that one is gonna stick with me for a long time, too.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: CC on Jul 14, 2020, 01:26 AMON JULY 14

2001:

w/ Stories For Boys

2012:

2013:

2017:

In the Wonderful video, I can be seen singing, smiling and swaying behind the short girl, screen left!!!

That under the overpass show just may be my favorite musical memory. Torrential downpours cancelled the regular soundcheck.  Lots and lots of waiting but we were told MMJ were going to do something, and to just hold on.

To my surprise, the band rolled up in golf carts right in front of me!!! The whole performance was absolutely amazing and I was in tears for most of it.

Mr. White

2012:

Here's the Full Show.

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

ranyart

We live near Madison IN and the thought of MMJ bringing down the house at Joey G's in 2001 blows my mind.  Sadly we were not there...

CC

ON JULY 15

2003:

MMJ opened for Foo Fighters at Paramount Theater in Seattle, WA

2008:
MMJ played at The Forum in London, UK

2013:
MMJ played at AmericanaramA (Molson Canadian Amphitheatre) in Toronto, ON

2017:
MMJ played at Forest Hills Stadium in New York, NY

7/15/2003 AmericanaramA

7/15/2017 Forest Hills

ChiefOKONO

Wow I had no idea that they did those acoustic sets in the crowd at Forecastle!  how awesome is that to see right now?? Must have been such a fun experience!!!

ericm

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Jul 15, 2020, 02:12 PMWow I had no idea that they did those acoustic sets in the crowd at Forecastle!  how awesome is that to see right now?? Must have been such a fun experience!!!

In my 40+ years of concert going it was one of the coolest things I've ever had the good fortune to be a part of.

Just to rehash, we had lined up outside for the sound check entry I'd say around 11:00 am or so. It was a beautiful sun shining morning but it wasn't long before  the heavens opened up and it poured like crazy with thunder and lightning taboot. They had us take shelter under the overpass, and we all just waited.

We were treated pretty well by the band and festival's staffs during the hour and a half or so wait as they made sure to open concessions so we could eat and drink, while keeping us informed the whole time. Anyone who's gone to a MMJ pre show get together knows how great this band's fans are. Mingling with so many friends and meeting new ones under the overpass wasn't exactly a hard way to pass the time.  :thumbsup:  Just a bunch of really cool,friendly people chilling out together waiting.  :beer:

My thoughts at the time were hoping the rain would pass and we'd get the Soundcheck but I wasn't hopeful. At most I thought we'd get our posters and not that I really cared but some type of refund/credit. I certainly never expected they'd come to us and we'd be treated to this incredible performance. It was something I had never been a part of before that day or have since.

It was for me and I'm sure others as well, an amazing start to one of the best concert days of my life. To follow it up with such a great festival set and then cap it off with an intimate set on the Belle Of Louisville made for a perfect day for this Jacket fan. One I'll never forget and one to this day that will be hard to ever top.
"Where's Jim going?"

CC

ON JULY 16

2002:

MMJ opened for Ben Kweller at The Engine Room in Houston, TX

2003:
MMJ opened for Foo Fighters at Plaza of Nations in Vancouver, BC

2011:
MMJ played at Latitude Festival in Southwold, UK

2017:
MMJ played at Outlaw Music Festival in Syracuse, NY

7/16/2003 Plaza of Nations (photos by Andy Scheffler)

ChiefOKONO

Thank you so much for the recap that you posted.  Sounds so great!!!
I loved when they did the soundchecks.  That was amazing - I got to go to one.  Wish they would do it again and resurrect Roll Call too!

Quote from: ericm on Jul 15, 2020, 03:56 PM
Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Jul 15, 2020, 02:12 PMWow I had no idea that they did those acoustic sets in the crowd at Forecastle!  how awesome is that to see right now?? Must have been such a fun experience!!!

In my 40+ years of concert going it was one of the coolest things I've ever had the good fortune to be a part of.

Just to rehash, we had lined up outside for the sound check entry I'd say around 11:00 am or so. It was a beautiful sun shining morning but it wasn't long before  the heavens opened up and it poured like crazy with thunder and lightning taboot. They had us take shelter under the overpass, and we all just waited.

We were treated pretty well by the band and festival's staffs during the hour and a half or so wait as they made sure to open concessions so we could eat and drink, while keeping us informed the whole time. Anyone who's gone to a MMJ pre show get together knows how great this band's fans are. Mingling with so many friends and meeting new ones under the overpass wasn't exactly a hard way to pass the time.  :thumbsup:  Just a bunch of really cool,friendly people chilling out together waiting.  :beer:

My thoughts at the time were hoping the rain would pass and we'd get the Soundcheck but I wasn't hopeful. At most I thought we'd get our posters and not that I really cared but some type of refund/credit. I certainly never expected they'd come to us and we'd be treated to this incredible performance. It was something I had never been a part of before that day or have since.

It was for me and I'm sure others as well, an amazing start to one of the best concert days of my life. To follow it up with such a great festival set and then cap it off with an intimate set on the Belle Of Louisville made for a perfect day for this Jacket fan. One I'll never forget and one to this day that will be hard to ever top.

ms. yvon

Quote from: walterfredo on Jun 30, 2020, 11:40 AM
Quote from: CC on Jun 30, 2020, 01:42 AM2006:
MMJ played at High Sierra Festival in Quincy, CA

My first jacket show!
yeah, walterfredo!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

ms. yvon

my first show!   :cheesy:

Quote from: CC on Jun 12, 2020, 01:25 AMON JUNE 12

2004:
MMJ played at Bonnaroo in Manchester, TN

"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

CC

ON JULY 17

2002:

MMJ opened for Ben Kweller at Emo's in Austin, TX

2011:
MMJ played at Somerset House in London, UK

7/17/2011 Somerset House (photos by CC)

CC

ON JULY 18

2003:

MMJ opened for Foo Fighters at Shaw Conference Center in Edmonton, AB

2013: