Jim & Pat on Chris Long podcast

Started by parkervb, Jul 22, 2020, 08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkervb

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/green-light-with-chris-long/id1485277290

Chris is a fan of course and knows the guys so its made for a relaxed interview. They referenced they were already talking about songs that make the next album.

Don't you ever turn it off

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: parkervb on Jul 22, 2020, 08:56 AMhttps://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/green-light-with-chris-long/id1485277290

Chris is a fan of course and knows the guys so its made for a relaxed interview. They referenced they were already talking about songs that make the next album.

This is absolutely FANTASTIC!!!

Closest we will ever get to a real fan interview

ChiefOKONO

THANK YOU!  can't wait to check it out!

CC

APR

A + indeed.  I'm half way thru the conversation and can't wait to listen to the rest.  It was nice to hear that Jim and Patrick get together for weekly talks (outdoors and safely of course).

Cameron

Lonndown27

OHHH I CANNOT WAIT TO HEAR THIS
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

walterfredo

That was fantastic! I've always wanted to hug Pattrick!

walterfredo

Also, as someone who lives minutes away from sequoia national park...yes please Jim! Bring it on.

Lonndown27

yes i listened to this just finished, what an illuminating interview, oh my god i love Chris Long. So much info. So much. I love what these guys brought to the table here in this conversation it was seamless. Love when they give Bo a shoutout too, he was asking good questions and yet again the band still retained mystery
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Stevie

Podcast interviews are so great.  You really get the sense that they are just being themselves and dont have to confine their answers to their usual artist/promotion mindspace. I've been crossing my fingers that Jim somehow finds his way onto Marc Maron's or Pete Holmes's pod at some point. 

parkervb

Quote from: Stevie on Sep 14, 2020, 01:37 PMPodcast interviews are so great.  You really get the sense that they are just being themselves and dont have to confine their answers to their usual artist/promotion mindspace. I've been crossing my fingers that Jim somehow finds his way onto Marc Maron's or Pete Holmes's pod at some point. 

i actually got a response from Maron on Twitter about having Jim on and he said he wasn't familiar enough with the music or something. This was a few yrs ago though during Waterfall promo.
Don't you ever turn it off

ChiefOKONO

Finally got a chance to listen.  This is such a cool interview, they were pretty laid back about everything and some very interesting questions got brought up.  I hope they do it again and thank you for posting about this!!!!

Jackets N Pones

Terrific interview, thanks for posting! I love What About Bob, I think I recently posted it in the "Movies you recently watched" in the Other Topics forum thread haha. Anyway one time after a Houston show I waited by the bus for a while to meet the guys. I missed Jim and Carl, but I got to talk to Bo and Tom for a while which was awesome. All of the sudden Patrick emerged from the exit doors and immediately gave me a hug before I could even say anything, he was just so pumped people were waiting to meet the band I guess. It was right around when he either was expecting his baby or just had her, so I told him congrats and he was so nice and appreciative. Just a really cool moment I will never forget. My wife did not stay to the meet the band because we had work the next day, but when we were talking about that story after listening to the interview, she was like "I feel like I've gotten a hug from Patrick too" even though she physically had not, I guess that just shows how much love this band has for their fans, each other and just life in general. Just wanted to share that on a Friday afternoon. Have a great weekend everyone. Love JNP
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

ChiefOKONO

Thanks for sharing, what a cool story.  They are just a great group of people and it's exciting to anticipate what they will be up to next!

Woody

This was great, thanks for posting.