Jim played solo at Stinkweeds Records in Phoenix, AZ
MMJ opened for Ben Kweller at Nita's Hideaway in Tempe, AZ

2006:
Jim played solo at WXPN's All About The Music Festival in Camden , NJ

2013:
MMJ played at AmericanaramA (Merriweather Post Pavilion) in Columbia, MD
also w/ Bob Dylan, Wilco, Ryan Bingham

7/23/2002 Stinkweeds

7/23/2002 Nita's Hideaway (photo by Christian Johnson)

Cameron

i used to have the same shirt.

MPP

Happened to be in Stinkweeds just before the shutdown of everything back in mid-March.  They had a cool old MMJ tshirt up on the wall, so I asked the manager if they had any left, but alas no.  Then she went into a detailed story about 'the band' showing up in the store at the time of the TFF release, doing what she called a road show promo tour out of a van, trying to get record stores to carry the album.  Said they did a couple songs acoustic in the store, described them dressed hippie and barefoot.  She really liked them, still does obviously. Nice story.

CC

ON JULY 24

2002:

MMJ opened for Ben Kweller at Chain Reaction in Anaheim, CA

2013:
MMJ played at AmericanaramA (Farm Bureau Live) in Virginia Beach, VA

2015:
MMJ played at Newport Folk Festival in Newport, RI
MMJ backed Roger Waters at Newport Folk Festival in Newport, RI
special guests: Lucius, Sara Watkins, Amy Helm

parkervb

this is from Americanarama during Cinnamon Girl iirc. This was one of the few times I got to be on the rail for MMJ.

Don't you ever turn it off

Lonndown27

WOW...this is incredible what you badasses have gathered together here, what an archive. Jim looks so young in that solo shot above sooo young hahah
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

CC

ON JULY 25

2002:

MMJ played at Fingerprints Records in Long Beach, CA

2015:
MMJ played at Susquehanna Bank Center in Camden, NJ
w/ St. Vincent

ericm

They melted faces in Jersey that night and it started right out of the gates with that OTR opener!

Fun night and a quirky little side note, it was  the only Jacket show I've been to without a show poster at the merch table.   :shocked:
"Where's Jim going?"

CC

ON JULY 26

2002:

MMJ opened for Ben Kweller at the Roxy Theatre in Los Angeles, CA

2008:
MMJ played at Pemberton Festival in Whistler, BC

2013:
MMJ played at AmericanaramA (Pier A) in Hoboken, NJ
special guest: Brian Jackson

2015:
MMJ played at Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, MD
w/ Jason Isbell

MPP

CC, great stuff, thanks for doing this.

Merriweather 2015 was my first Jacket.  Ever, hadn't heard a single note of theirs before walking in.  I wonder how many were first introduced that way, vs recordings as first exposure.  Then and now, I remember thinking how different an experience this was, that I could connect with so many songs that night, never hearing them before. 

My ex-fiance was a fan, said 'hey, you wanna go see this band I like' at 6pm. I say sure, we walk in as they hit the stage.  I'll forever love that girl for the serendipitous suggestion.  Funny how your favorite things in life sometimes come to be.

Come Closer

Quote from: MPP on Jul 26, 2020, 11:59 AMCC, great stuff, thanks for doing this.

Merriweather 2015 was my first Jacket.  Ever, hadn't heard a single note of theirs before walking in.  I wonder how many were first introduced that way, vs recordings as first exposure.  Then and now, I remember thinking how different an experience this was, that I could connect with so many songs that night, never hearing them before. 

My ex-fiance was a fan, said 'hey, you wanna go see this band I like' at 6pm. I say sure, we walk in as they hit the stage.  I'll forever love that girl for the serendipitous suggestion.  Funny how your favorite things in life sometimes come to be.
Yeah that must've been a great introduction. Fun show. Steam -> Run Thru -> Victory Dance to close the set.

MPP

It was! Though I didn't know the song names at the time, the one that caught me first was OTR.  Something about that mid-song change in tempo, and those killer guitar riffs that don't end when you think they will, just really caught my ear.  Not the typical verse/chorus/verse with a solo stuck in the middle.  Loved it.  Gideon/OBH to close the show sealed the deal  :thumbsup:

CC

ON JULY 27

2002:

MMJ opened for Ben Kweller at Slim's in San Francisco, CA

parkervb

Quote2015:
w/ Jason Isbell

Great day! This was the only time I got to do one of soundchecks and that was a really cool experience. They soundchecked: Hopefully, Get The Point, and Knot Comes Loose

This is the "Steam Engine for Erik (exist10z)" show. What a special moment that was for his family that was there that night. Gorgeous Steam. Hope it still brings them peace.

ericm

Quote from: parkervb on Jul 27, 2020, 10:53 AM
Quote from: undefined2015:
w/ Jason Isbell

Great day! This was the only time I got to do one of soundchecks and that was a really cool experience. They soundchecked: Hopefully, Get The Point, and Knot Comes Loose

This is the "Steam Engine for Erik (exist10z)" show. What a special moment that was for his family that was there that night. Gorgeous Steam. Hope it still brings them peace.

Nice recall there Parker.  :beer: I was fortunate to catch several sound checks and agree they were really cool. This one was right up there.

That Steam was fantastic and so like these guys to do it that night.

I've caught five Jacket shows at MPP and every single one of them was killer. I know they give it their all everywhere but there's something about MPP that really brings out their best. I'm not sure if it's the history of the place or the always sold out jammed packed energetic pit, but I know never to miss MMJ at MPP!  :thumbsup:
"Where's Jim going?"

CC

ON JULY 28

2012:

special guest: Brittany Howard

2013:
MMJ played at AmericanaramA (Susquehanna Bank Center) in Camden, NJ
special guests: Taylor Goldsmith, Griffin Goldsmith, Matthew Houck

2015:
MMJ played at Red Hat Amphitheater in Raleigh, NC
w/ Lucius

7/28/2012 Newport Folk

7/28/2013 AmericanaramA

7/28/2013 AmericanaramA

parkervb

Another great show at the Red Hat Amphitheater in Raleigh. I've seen 3 GREAT My Morning Jacket shows here. Pretty sweet venue, easy to get to, got a nice dive bar right around the corner.

The run from TMP2 on... :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

parkervb

Quote2015:
MMJ backed Roger Waters at Newport Folk Festival in Newport, RI

the Waters set is getting streamed on Friday on Newport's TuneIn station at 5:11p EST

https://tunein.com/newportfolkradio/

Come Closer

Quote from: parkervb on Jul 27, 2020, 10:53 AM
Quote from: undefined2015:
w/ Jason Isbell

My only soundcheck as well. I remember Jim was rocking a vest or something? Sun's out guns out style.

Quote from: CC on Jul 28, 2020, 01:11 AMON JULY 28

2012:

special guest: Brittany Howard
Fun day until the storms rolled in. Got Welcome Home though, so that was cool.

CC

ON JULY 29

2002:

MMJ opened for Ben Kweller at Meow Meow in Portland, OR

2015:
MMJ played at Time Warner Cable Uptown Amphitheater in Charlotte, NC
w/ Lucius