The Waterfall II

Started by johnnYYac, Jul 06, 2020, 01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Jul 30, 2020, 02:12 PMBL aint my jam. just can't get past how badly it doesn't work. But that's fine i've embraced the album's experimentation and am fine with it because these tracks may speak to me years down the road. But stuff like Spinnin, Thinkin, Run It (a really weird title out of everything it could be titled but ok), Wasted, Feel You, even Climbin the Ladder i love its Houses of the Holyisms.

There are some weak tracks, BL taking the cake and eating it too.
BUT......that said must also be said that this isn't a B sides album. I'm more on the side of the Waterfall II being worth more than that and it IS. It takes its place, no matter how bizarre it may be, some of these tracks will grow upon us.

And for the fact that Welcome Home, Run It, Magic Bullet, Wasted and Feel You are in the Top 50-75 Jacket songs, I'd put WH at my number 40, Run It around number 60 for now, Wasted and Feel You both in the top 25 and Magic Bullet somewhere in the 50s.

If this is the band's second helpings than just wait for the new record...that's gonna be the real facemelter. There's about 4 songs over 7 minutes on the band's upcoming record and it really IS live...not "Circuital" live...but REALLY live....shhhhh gonna be magic

Where did you see that there is 4 songs over 7 minutes on the new new album?

Lonndown27

some of these songs have been around for some time. btw, there seems to be a devout cultist fanbase of Spinning my Wheels obsessives, ready to cut off human face for Wheels > Gideon openers...and i may support this cause
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

oh fuck i should stop
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

i just heard that from someone who is a kickass dood

Lucius

Been playing Easy Morning Rebel* a lot lately, we need more horn laden Jacket songs. If this happens on the next record I'll be very, very happy

* - Shove Grab A Body in front of it and snip it off around the 3:33 mark and you've got yourself one HELL of a jam
it wouldn't be a party without you

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: dookie shoot bandit on Jul 30, 2020, 03:59 PM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Jul 30, 2020, 02:12 PMBL aint my jam. just can't get past how badly it doesn't work. But that's fine i've embraced the album's experimentation and am fine with it because these tracks may speak to me years down the road. But stuff like Spinnin, Thinkin, Run It (a really weird title out of everything it could be titled but ok), Wasted, Feel You, even Climbin the Ladder i love its Houses of the Holyisms.

There are some weak tracks, BL taking the cake and eating it too.
BUT......that said must also be said that this isn't a B sides album. I'm more on the side of the Waterfall II being worth more than that and it IS. It takes its place, no matter how bizarre it may be, some of these tracks will grow upon us.

And for the fact that Welcome Home, Run It, Magic Bullet, Wasted and Feel You are in the Top 50-75 Jacket songs, I'd put WH at my number 40, Run It around number 60 for now, Wasted and Feel You both in the top 25 and Magic Bullet somewhere in the 50s.

If this is the band's second helpings than just wait for the new record...that's gonna be the real facemelter. There's about 4 songs over 7 minutes on the band's upcoming record and it really IS live...not "Circuital" live...but REALLY live....shhhhh gonna be magic

Where did you see that there is 4 songs over 7 minutes on the new new album?

Asking for a friend plz!

Lonndown27

Quote from: Lucius on Jul 31, 2020, 06:06 AMBeen playing Easy Morning Rebel* a lot lately, we need more horn laden Jacket songs. If this happens on the next record I'll be very, very happy

* - Shove Grab A Body in front of it and snip it off around the 3:33 mark and you've got yourself one HELL of a jam

It's nuts!!! I love those jams together! But damn I love the actual song to Easy Morning Rebel so thats what makes me pause

notdarkyet

i know we are all waiting for our physical copies to arrive, but did anyone definitively figure out if the versions of "Magic Bullet," "The First Time," and "Welcome Home" are the same as the previously released versions?  i really don't hear much/if any difference but was wondering what everyone else thought.

CountSA

Quote from: notdarkyet on Aug 14, 2020, 04:14 PMi know we are all waiting for our physical copies to arrive, but did anyone definitively figure out if the versions of "Magic Bullet," "The First Time," and "Welcome Home" are the same as the previously released versions?  i really don't hear much/if any difference but was wondering what everyone else thought.

Welcome Home is definitely different than the iTunes XMas EP.  The others are the same I believe.

MMJTX

just got an email from ATO about Waterfall II vinyls being delayed in production...looking like sometime in september for them :(
Anytime

Cameron

That's too bad. No email yet for me.

rkwedge

Quote from: MMJTX on Aug 21, 2020, 03:25 PMjust got an email from ATO about Waterfall II vinyls being delayed in production...looking like sometime in september for them :(
I received an email today saying mine shipped. I did buy from MMJ's website store.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: rkwedge on Aug 25, 2020, 04:09 PM
Quote from: MMJTX on Aug 21, 2020, 03:25 PMjust got an email from ATO about Waterfall II vinyls being delayed in production...looking like sometime in september for them :(
I received an email today saying mine shipped. I did buy from MMJ's website store.

Same here!

Hoptimus Prime

Yup!!!  I ordered through the band, got the email today with tracking.  Shipped USPS, so I'm hoping to get within a month.  A poster I sold in late June and shipped via USPS took 7.5 weeks to go about 200 miles.  Trump is an ass clown.
5/24/2003, and every damn time possible since!

Jbpats

Just got the email that my Spotify presale has been shipped. No word if I got the autographed photo tho.

Cameron

Quote from: Hoptimus Prime on Aug 25, 2020, 06:21 PMYup!!!  I ordered through the band, got the email today with tracking.  Shipped USPS, so I'm hoping to get within a month.  A poster I sold in late June and shipped via USPS took 7.5 weeks to go about 200 miles.  Trump is an ass clown.

where are they shipping from?

rkwedge

Quote from: Cameron on Aug 26, 2020, 01:57 PM
Quote from: Hoptimus Prime on Aug 25, 2020, 06:21 PMYup!!!  I ordered through the band, got the email today with tracking.  Shipped USPS, so I'm hoping to get within a month.  A poster I sold in late June and shipped via USPS took 7.5 weeks to go about 200 miles.  Trump is an ass clown.

Chattanooga,TN

jttouch2

Confused that my deluxe waterfall is shipped before my Z anniversary was-what's up with that? seen lots of folks already receive theirs but I've heard nothing about the Z record since I ordered it

Cameron

Quote from: rkwedge on Aug 26, 2020, 02:01 PM

Chattanooga,TN
Thx. No email for me yet. Ordered from MMJ store and got one of the signed pics.

rkwedge

Quote from: Cameron on Aug 26, 2020, 03:27 PM
Quote from: rkwedge on Aug 26, 2020, 02:01 PM

Chattanooga,TN
Thx. No email for me yet. Ordered from MMJ store and got one of the signed pics.
I ordered the deluxe package too with the signed pic. I know I got one too as I got an email saying I was getting the pic.

Also ordered the deluxe "Z" and my conformation said shipping after Sept 7th but I would be getting a digital download code on Aug 28th which is the re-release date.