FORECASTLE 2012 Webcast Friday 8/7 at 8:30pm EST

Started by CC, Aug 05, 2020, 03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CC

Tune in Friday at 8:30pm EST on the MMJ Facebook and YouTube pages

While you watch we hope you'll consider a donation to the Forecastle Foundation.
Learn how you can support --> forecastlefoundation.org

+ new recordings available at Nugs from:
Astoria - London, UK (9/22/2006)
LC Pavilion - Columbus, OH (8/12/2012)
Hulaween - Live Oak, FL (10/28/2016)

+ Forecastle Festival - Louisville, KY (7/14/2012)

rkwedge

Hell yes! Was hoping we'd get Red Rocks night 2 2019 next but this is still a bunch of good stuff. There's also a 15th anniversary limited edition of "Z" purple vinyl in the store. Thanks for the heads up CC.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

robb

cbus 12 soundboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this year has sucked ass but with this one recording, it sucks a whole lot less. endlessly stoked that this finally got released.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

goldbondking

Does anyone happen to remember how long the past live-streams have been left on YouTube? It's going to be tough for me to watch this over the weekend but I'm not sure it would still be there on Monday night.

CC

Quote from: goldbondking on Aug 06, 2020, 10:37 AMDoes anyone happen to remember how long the past live-streams have been left on YouTube? It's going to be tough for me to watch this over the weekend but I'm not sure it would still be there on Monday night.

around 24-48 hours. guessing it will be down on monday night

MMJCOBRA

It would so cool if they added some footage of the famous "under the overpass" set and/or the set w PHJB from the Belle of Louisville late night set.

ericm

Quote from: unravelled on Aug 06, 2020, 05:16 PMIt would so cool if they added some footage of the famous "under the overpass" set and/or the set w PHJB from the Belle of Louisville late night set.

I was one of the lucky ones to see all three Jacket performances that day, and while I've seen video of the first two from that day, I've never seen anything from the late night Belle show.

Here's hoping some footage does exist.  :thumbsup:
"Where's Jim going?"

Mr. White

Quote from: ericm on Aug 06, 2020, 06:47 PM
Quote from: unravelled on Aug 06, 2020, 05:16 PMIt would so cool if they added some footage of the famous "under the overpass" set and/or the set w PHJB from the Belle of Louisville late night set.

I was one of the lucky ones to see all three Jacket performances that day, and while I've seen video of the first two from that day, I've never seen anything from the late night Belle show.

Here's hoping some footage does exist.  :thumbsup:

Hey ericm, I had this saved to my external hard drive for years and saw your post. I just now uploaded it "Unlisted" because I don't remember who originally uploaded it. Hope this brings back some good memories! I was at the main show but didn't get to witness the Under the Overpass set or this show on the Belle of Louisville. Wish I had.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

parkervb

Mr. White is the surefire video MVP on this board.
Don't you ever turn it off

ericm

Quote from: parkervb on Aug 07, 2020, 09:28 AMMr. White is the surefire video MVP on this board.

Plus a million!

I never knew any footage even existed but if it's out there, Mr. White will be sure to find and post it. So very cool to have this.  :cool:

Thanks Mr. White, and yes it does bring back some great memories. That whole day was filled with so many of them and I can't imagine a better day for any Jacket fan. It's right up there with my best concert going days ever.

"Where's Jim going?"

Mr. White

Quote from: ericm on Aug 07, 2020, 10:30 AM
Quote from: parkervb on Aug 07, 2020, 09:28 AMMr. White is the surefire video MVP on this board.

Plus a million!

I never knew any footage even existed but if it's out there, Mr. White will be sure to find and post it. So very cool to have this.  :cool:

Thanks Mr. White, and yes it does bring back some great memories. That whole day was filled with so many of them and I can't imagine a better day for any Jacket fan. It's right up there with my best concert going days ever.

No Problem!!!
I'll try over the weekend to see if there might be another video or two from the Belle Of Louisville show. Seems like there might have been. It might be labeled differently in my collection of videos I've downloaded from YouTube over the years. This one was conveniently labeled with Preservation Hall Jazz Band at the beginning. Most of them are labeled with My Morning Jacket at the beginning (I usually keep the original poster's tag. I've only changed the ones that were Pro-Shot, so I can find them easier).
Keep The Live Videos Rolling!!!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Lonndown27

3 shows on the day? Daaamn I knew about the under the overpass but Damn, the Belle is a lost myth now known. Mr. White knows the chemistry , he deals it pure
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

ericm

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 07, 2020, 06:51 PM3 shows on the day? Daaamn I knew about the under the overpass but Damn, the Belle is a lost myth now known. Mr. White knows the chemistry , he deals it pure

Yeah man! If my memory serves me right, they did a second line type march with PHJB  off the Forecastle stage and right up the road onto the Belle.

Those of us lucky to have tickets just strolled out of the fest and made our way about a block or two away to line up to get in. I think the Belle show started maybe an hour after the encores at the Fest? Might've even been less.

I'm thrilled to have some footage of that show and hoping there's more out there. If not, I'm really glad to have this one tune as I've never seen that video before.

"Where's Jim going?"

slappymoe

happy to say i was at all 3 shows.  what a day.

things were fun back in the before times..........

Jbpats

roffrs

I missed the overpass show, but was on the Belle that night! Amazing night. Anyone else trying to find themselves in the crowd?  :cheesy:
Good luck comes from trying.

walterfredo

ericm

The show was every bit as great as I thought it was watching it live that night. I left there thinking wow what a show, and after watching it last night there's no question it was a great one.   :cool:

Hell of a Rock and Roll show.  :thumbsup:
"Where's Jim going?"

subinai