The Waterfall II

Started by johnnYYac, Jul 06, 2020, 01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cameron

finally got a shipping notice for my vinyl.

searchinbig

Quote from: Cameron on Sep 16, 2020, 11:39 AMfinally got a shipping notice for my vinyl.

Me too!! I wonder which mystery package/color I'll be getting?  :smiley:
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Cameron

just hoping it includes the signed pic. i should be getting.

ChiefOKONO

Got my vinyl.  Looks great!!

Boy am I loving putting both albums on a playlist and hitting shuffle these days as well :D

subinai

Anyone else hearing "Feel You" on the radio? It's getting played a bit on two stations here in Austin.

Cameron

subinai

Cameron

should have guessed.  i don't flip on local radio much but i'll have to give them a listen on the way home.

Jbpats

Quote from: subinai on Sep 16, 2020, 02:19 PMAnyone else hearing "Feel You" on the radio? It's getting played a bit on two stations here in Austin.

I've heard a lot of the waterfall played on Sirius.
Feel you has been played on Jam on & spectrum
Wasted on Jam on
Climbing the ladder & The First time on Spectrum

jttouch2

Feel You is #1 on Billboard's "Adult Alternative" chart. Their first #1 on any song chart I believe.

ChiefOKONO

wow that is really great! (and unexpected tbh)

Cameron

Vinyl has finally arrived. Signed pic included. Looks great. Carl signed on Bo's legs so, it's easier to see.

rkwedge

Quote from: Cameron on Sep 19, 2020, 04:38 PMVinyl has finally arrived. Signed pic included. Looks great. Carl signed on Bo's legs so, it's easier to see.
Glad you got your pic, enjoy  :beer:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

flugger

Still no shipping notification, no answer to emails, nothing.
Always starting over, but somehow I always know where to begin.

hazelfigurine

Did anyone actually get the digital download code from colortest on August 28th?  I got the email in mid July saying the album shipping date but was pushed to after September 7th and in the same email said I would get a digital download on the album release date (which I understood when I purchased the album) but I never got anything via email.

10 days and still no response on the digital download question or when I can expect the album to be shipped.  I see others complaining about this entire process and as a small business owner myself I don't see how there is any excuse to treat your customers this way, covid or not, if anything the band should have plenty of time right now to figure out how they sell their products to the public. It really isn't that hard logistically in this day and age, it's a complete disservice to their fans that they can't ever seem to get this right. Other bands I pre-order records or packages through never seem to have this problem.

flugger

Quote from: hazelfigurine on Sep 22, 2020, 01:03 PMDid anyone actually get the digital download code from colortest on August 28th?  I got the email in mid July saying the album shipping date but was pushed to after September 7th and in the same email said I would get a digital download on the album release date (which I understood when I purchased the album) but I never got anything via email.

10 days and still no response on the digital download question or when I can expect the album to be shipped.  I see others complaining about this entire process and as a small business owner myself I don't see how there is any excuse to treat your customers this way, covid or not, if anything the band should have plenty of time right now to figure out how they sell their products to the public. It really isn't that hard logistically in this day and age, it's a complete disservice to their fans that they can't ever seem to get this right. Other bands I pre-order records or packages through never seem to have this problem.

Sadly, the band and their management has made horrible choices when it comes to their merch/marketing over the years. Just terrible. It shouldn't be that difficult.
Always starting over, but somehow I always know where to begin.

ChiefOKONO

I looked back and I did get my digital dl code on 8/27 from colortest.
Not sure what happened in your case - could have been in a spam folder or the email was blocked?  Hard to tell.

In any case, I wish it were smoother as well.  It sucks to hear about all these snafus.

I think that in the future they should implement a system where you create an account on their website when you preorder something that has a digital download and you can log in on a certain date and it will be available to you.  That or they could use bandcamp or another site to let you download - so you don't necessarily have to depend on getting the email for the link.

SteelyDanzig

The indie exclusive copy I have has pops throughout after several cleanings. I've heard it's an issue with the other pressings as well. I would take a good pressed & mastered version over 20 different color variants any day of the week. Super frustrating as I really love this record.

Lucius

Pushed back again until October 9th in the UK :undecided:

The band/management/whoever 100% need to go with someone else for their products/merch in the future. This is ridiculous :angry: 
it wouldn't be a party without you

jttouch2

ColorTest was the "somebody else" after the Wonderful Union shitshows lol