At Dawn 20th Anniversary Release

Started by MMJTX, Jan 18, 2021, 05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJTX

https://darla.com/products/my-morning-jacket-at-dawn-20th-anniversary-edition

Darla just posted this I think, has a 7 song acoustic set by Jim from 2001 right before the release of the album.
Anytime

Clarkwork

That acoustic Jim set is a classic, it's been floating around for years and sounds great. I' have ordered
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Jbpats

definitely getting it but would rather buy it from the band if they have promotions like their last few albums.
Wonder if they'll announce it soon?

Cameron

Same. Especially since I have a coupon from the Waterfall 2 shipping debacle.

APR

I wonder if they considered doing a 20th anniversary show (like for TTF in Port Chester in 2019) for At Dawn.  That would be amazing.  Maybe it can happen in late 2021.  And then in two years do an It Still Moves 20th celebration!

MMJTX

I imagine the ISM 20th anniversary is gonna be very big, (assuming shows are being played) i would think a pretty good multinight run celebrating it along with an extensive special vinyl release, wonder if ISM or Z will be bigger?
Anytime

MMJTX

looks like the band just officially announced!
Anytime

Cameron

anyone know if the jim solo set will be available digitally?

Jbpats

Now what color to get?
Three 3xLP options all with download coupon:
Limited edition of 750 opaque orange vinyl
Limited edition of 750 transparent orange vinyl

The original site from this thread also has this offer:
Limited edition of 500 clear with orange swirl vinyl (Mail order only)

Jbpats

Went with the clear with the orange swirl through Darla. Sounded like the coolest option of the three.
Also looks like it sold out already on MMJ's site.

MMJTX

Ya i got excited and went ahead and ordered the clear with orange swirl vinyl from Darla
Anytime

subinai

i got the opaque orange preordered through my local record store

Come Closer

Quote from: Cameron on Jan 22, 2021, 12:42 PManyone know if the jim solo set will be available digitally?
It's on archive.org

Cameron

kotchishm

Both variants are sold out on the MMJ site but all three appear to be available on Darla's site. Went with the clear of 500 as well
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

kotchishm

Quote from: MMJTX on Jan 22, 2021, 11:55 AMI imagine the ISM 20th anniversary is gonna be very big, (assuming shows are being played) i would think a pretty good multinight run celebrating it along with an extensive special vinyl release, wonder if ISM or Z will be bigger?

I bought the big ISM reissue a few years ago. Hope they don't do another because this is getting pricey
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

Mr. White

Quote from: kotchishm on Jan 22, 2021, 07:12 PMBoth variants are sold out on the MMJ site but all three appear to be available on Darla's site. Went with the clear of 500 as well

I just did the same. Glad to have the heads up.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

RastaRunner5

Great heads up that it's still avail on Darla site! Just ordered! Thank you!

ChiefOKONO

Thanks for posting this.  I'm not sure why i didn't get an email from MMJ about this release though...
maybe it got marked as spam, not sure if and when it was sent.

Jackets N Pones

Ordered! Thanks for the heads up
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire