In The Kitchen With Patrick Hallahan

Started by CC, Feb 10, 2021, 09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CC

Join Patrick for a 3-part cooking series

https://events.seated.com/patrick-hallahan

"Friends! Patrick here with some exciting news. Today I announce my very first cooking show — In The Kitchen with Patrick Hallahan, a three-part series beginning Sunday February 21.

I've spent a great deal of my life watching cooking shows with my family.  Jacques Pepin, Julia Child, Martin Yan, Justin Wilson, James Barber...these people were like family members.

I'll show you how to elevate your ingredients, minimize waste, and stretch your dollar, and all the while having a blast in the kitchen.

You can sign up for all three or individual shows now. There's a VIP option which includes a virtual after-dinner aperitif, a chat about the recipes, and general conversation about food, all following the final episode. We will also send all VIPs an autographed recipe from the series!

All purchases include a curated Spotify playlist to set the vibe for a special night of cooking. If you cannot join live, all bundles and episode purchases include 60 days of archived viewing.

See you in the kitchen!"

— Patrick

video preview >

Jackets N Pones

Thanks for posting! I am signed up. Looks like the VIP aftershow filled up quick, I did not get in on that but still pumped for the series.
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

rkwedge

Quote from: CC on Feb 19, 2021, 02:23 PMhttps://www.spin.com/2021/02/my-morning-jacket-patrick-hallahan-interview/
Great interview:
"Who knows what the shows will be like? I'm not gonna paint us into a corner and say we're gonna play a 14-hour set, but...we could. [Laughs.] My bandmates are gonna shoot me — I'm sorry, guys! I'm sorry!" 
I'm in  :grin:  I'm excited to watch his cooking videos, he's such a down to earth guy that I know there going to be great.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

CC

episode 1 today 6:00 PM EST

Roasted Spatchcocked Chicken with Vegetables, and Brown Butter Grits
Plus: Homemade Chicken Stock
Special Guest: Craig Pfunder

ChiefOKONO

Thank you for posting that interview!!  Intriguing!

rkwedge

The show was a lot of fun, nothing serious just fun easy anyone can do it cooking. Craig Pfunder seemed like a cool guy, Patrick said he was a long time friend.

Jackets N Pones

Yeah they did a great job and the food was terrific. Also we found out Patrick's nickname is Peter which was some good MMJ trivia I did not know. See everybody Sunday night for Risotto!

CC

episode 2 tonight 6:00 PM EST

Mushroom Risotto with Kale Salad
Plus: Chicken Rillette with Sorghum
Special Guest: Tom

Jackets N Pones

ChiefOKONO

Can someone please post a description of the show so far?  I haven't been able to see it.  Thanks!

rkwedge

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Mar 04, 2021, 05:07 PMCan someone please post a description of the show so far?  I haven't been able to see it.  Thanks!
Show 1 was Patrick with his friend Craig Pfunder, Craig is a local Louisville musician, producer, director.  He played with the boys when they did their Tom Petty tribute. They prepared and cooked roasted spatchcocked chicken on a bed of vegetables and also brown butter grits. Lots of fun banter between them, Patrick also talked about chicken stock tips.

Show 2 was with Tom, they prepared and cooked mushroom risotto and kale salad. Before they started that they used some leftover chicken from show 1 to make chicken rillette for a appetizer. I learned that Tom had recently moved back to Louisville from Nashville. The shows are just a fun cooking show with fun people, nothing to hard for us non chefs to cook. The last show this Sunday his guest is going to be his daughter, should be awesome.  :beer:

One other bit of info, if you purchase the episodes they send you a grocery list early in the week so you can go out and get the ingredients and cook along with them. Recipe's are also included with the grocery list.

CC

last episode tonight

Episode 3:
Reverse Sear Ribeye, with Potato Pave and Creamed Spinach
Plus: Crispy Risotto Cake

MMJCOBRA

I guess if you didn't do last week, you can't make the risotto cake.

ChiefOKONO

Thank you rkwedge, this sounds very cool!