Covid-19 Vaccine

Started by Mr. White, Apr 02, 2021, 10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

I thought I'd start a thread on the Coronavirus (Covid-19) vaccine(s).

I'm not sure anyone on here is interested in sharing their thoughts and opinions, but I thought I'd give it a space (thread) for discussion to include worries, experiences, articles/information, etc.

I got my first shot this past Monday, March 29, 2021. I got the Pfizer/BioNTech two dose vaccination. My arm was sore and still is a little bit after 4 full days (not too bad at all). My second shot is scheduled for April 26, 2021.

John Prine was with me today for my first Covid-19 vaccination shot. I just want to keep myself, my family, my friends, and all I come into contact with as safe as I possibly can. I'm tryin' John. I'm tryin'.

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

rkwedge

:thumbsup: Right there with you Mr White, I got my first dose of the Pfizer on 3/26 so just a few days ahead of you. My arm was slightly sore for about a day and that was it.  So awesome you wore your John Prine shirt that day. I also wish to keep everyone in my life safe and healthy. Let's hope we get a handle on this virus soon and can all rock out to some MMJ shows in the near future. R.I.P John Prine
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

iLikeBeer

I'm fully vaccinated as of March 26th!!! :thumbsup:  :beer:  I'm an assistant swim coach for our local high school so I got to get in with all of the educators a little early!  We got Phizer as well.

First shot made my arm a little sore (like someone punched me) but it was only for the first day.  My wife had a pretty bad reaction as her shoulder swelled up pretty good and she could barely lift her arm for the first day but she survived!

Second round went without any reaction other than I woke up a little achey all over but I took 3 tylenol and had a cup of coffee and I was good to go! 

As someone who doesn't get the flu vaccine, I did not even hesitate to get this one.  The way I look at it, anything to do my part to get things back to as close to normal as things were before I will gladly do! 

ericm

Good going Mr. White. 👍🏻

I got my 1st dose of the Pfizer vaccine on 3/8 and like others, only a bit of a sore arm for a day.

Got my 2nd dose this past Tuesday 3/30 and again a bit of a sore arm but this time around I experienced some fatigue for a couple of days. Definitely nothing major and a heck of a lot less side effects than some get but I'm usually pretty active so the fatigue was definitely noticeable and took me by surprise a bit.

One good thing was I sure slept good in the days after!  :grin:
"Where's Jim going?"

ranyart

Betsy and I have both had our first with no ill effects and number two is scheduled for this coming Tuesday.  We live in Moderna land and we're not hearing anyone complaining about troubles.  Git 'r done!

Mr. White

Thanks for the words of encouragement and the experiences with the vaccine(s)!

I was very hesitant and/or reluctant to even get it, but I work with the public in my current job and have to come into contact with everyone who comes in to the place. Luckily, we are required to follow the safety protocol and mandates related to Covid-19 by the state of Kentucky. I have to remind people to wear their masks every now and then.

Also, my wife is a CNA at the nursing home that my mother lives in, so I have to think about them. The deciding factor was the fact that they are just now beginning to let family members make appointments to see their loved ones at the facility. I haven't seen her in person since March 27, 2020, other than through her room's window with me on the outside talking on the phone. I'm hoping the vaccine card will help me gain access to her room. Right now, they are saying only outdoor visits for 20 min. Also, I need to set up her new smart Roku TV soon. They can't seem to get her old one to work right. She really depends on her TV.

As for me and the vaccine, I hope I don't have any bad reactions or any long term complications related to getting it. I guess we'll see ...

walterfredo

I'm fully vax'd (moderna) arm was sore after first shot, and felt a tad lethargic about 24 hours after my second shot but all in all, pretty much no side effects.

I have never got a flu shot in my life, but this was a no-brainer for me. I want life back! And this seems like the obvious way forward.

ranyart

Second shot for us both showed arm pain and some ill effects similar to the flu, but it all cleared within a day or so and we're good to go.  I get a flu shot every year and I have never felt anything similar from it, and when I don't get it I am very likely to get really sick for days.  YMMV  :thumbsup:

ZMan

52 year old male, two weeks post second Pfizer shot. No complications from either shot, only a slight headache the day after due to one too many Captains.

sillyboob

Quote from: ZMan on Apr 09, 2021, 11:13 PM52 year old male, two weeks post second Pfizer shot. No complications from either shot, only a slight headache the day after due to one too many Captains.

Good to know.  48 year old male here, getting Pfizer shot 2 on Monday.  Hoping for minimal side effects.  My wife had chills, naseau, and a fever about a day after Pfizer shot 2.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Lucius

28 years old, living in the UK. I had the first vaccine about a month ago. I had the Oxford one which they're now not giving to people under 30 because of blood clots. The first one didn't kill me so I'm not too worried about the second :grin:

I actually had a bad reaction to the BCG vaccine when I was 11/12 and ended up with a condition called CIDP which is kind of similar to MS. I felt cautious ahead of this vaccine not knowing if my body might react badly again but it was all good. I actually could have opted out of the whole thing with minimal fuss but I wanted to have it. I'm so desperate for freedom! (Important to note that what happened to me could also happen from something as simple as catching a cold, don't let it put you off!)

I had a sore arm for a few days and felt kind of hungover but that was all. No big deal. My fingers are crossed for the return of live music in the UK this summer, got enough festivals and rescheduled indoor dates to keep me busy most weeks from August onwards :beer:
it wouldn't be a party without you

ranyart

Glad to hear it's working out for you Lucius!  I was unfamiliar with the BCG vaccine so I did some reading on it and see that it is for tuberculosis and that it sounds a bit more risky than the vaccines we are dealing with for Covid-19, so I'm happy you got past that experience and were able to get the Oxford jabs.  Enjoy your shows!

Mr. White

Got my 2nd dose of the Pfizer vaccine on Monday (about 53 hours ago) and so far, I've had no side-effects at all. My shot arm is a little bit sore but probably not even as sore as it was after the 1st shot. I think I'm gonna be all good.

My brother got his 2nd shot a couple of days before me, and he said he got the chills and had to cover up and sleep it off, about 24 hours after he got his shot. After he slept for a few hours, he felt much better. He also thinks he was probably sick with the virus way back in January of 2020. We've read and heard that the side-effects from the vaccine might be worse in those who have had Covid-19 in the past.

ranyart

Congratulations Mr. White and glad to hear that you got through them without trouble!  We are three weeks out from our second shots now and our reward was to eat lunch with my mom for the first time in a very long time last weekend.  It is amazing how liberating it feels to have them behind us.  Of course we're still being careful but it really does feel like there will be a time sooner than later when this mess will be behind all of us.

My thoughts go out to our Indian friends.  I work with a good number of Indians and everyone I talk to is scared, and I can't blame them.

ChiefOKONO

2 of us in our family got both doses with minimal side effects.  So far so good and I hope that as many people as possible get this vaccine!

slappymoe

So, with the delta variant surging, retuning mask mandates, and a country filled with moronic anti-vax deplorables, are we about to see a return to last year?  Life....and concerts....canceled?

rkwedge

Quote from: slappymoe on Jul 29, 2021, 09:57 AMSo, with the delta variant surging, retuning mask mandates, and a country filled with moronic anti-vax deplorables, are we about to see a return to last year?  Life....and concerts....canceled?
I've had the same thoughts/fears! "moronic anti-vax deplorables" I like this  :thumbsup:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

sillyboob

Quote from: slappymoe on Jul 29, 2021, 09:57 AMSo, with the delta variant surging, retuning mask mandates, and a country filled with moronic anti-vax deplorables, are we about to see a return to last year?  Life....and concerts....canceled?

Man, I hate this possibility, or is it a probability.  Got so many shows lined up to see, so many cool places to go.  This virus sucks.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

walterfredo

entirely possible. Bordering on probable. Thank you to all you unvax'd f#cks.

Have tix to phish in Nashville in a few days and still skeptical it will actually happen.

slappymoe

Quote from: walterfredo on Jul 29, 2021, 11:44 AM

entirely possible. Bordering on probable. Thank you to all you unvax'd f#cks.

Have tix to phish in Nashville in a few days and still skeptical it will actually happen.
just bought tix for the stones in Nashville October 9, all the while wondering if I was just wasting my time.