At Dawn 20th Anniversary Release

Started by MMJTX, Jan 18, 2021, 05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiefOKONO

It is so refreshing and revelatory to listen to At Dawn again, since it had been a long time for me.   It's interesting to hear where they were at this point in their lives.
Jim seemed to have several low moments and perhaps depression.

Can't wait to check out the acoustic disc next!

ChiefOKONO

The acoustic show is wonderful!  I had never heard it before and I heard at least a couple of songs that I'd never heard acoustically before :)

Cameron

ChiefOKONO

Can't wait to read that thank you!

ChiefOKONO

Ok, that article was so well written.  I wish that he would write about all of their albums now!!!

searchinbig

Oh boy:

3xLP preorders will ship ASAP starting in order first received. The pressing plant has confirmed our order is on track to ship to us by Friday, April 23, therefore we are looking forward to begin shipping orders starting Monday, May 3. Thank you for your patience.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

MMJTX

Anyone received updates on this?
Anytime

robb

Quote from: MMJTX on May 13, 2021, 12:49 PMAnyone received updates on this?

just crickets. they only pressed 2000 and didn't even sell out until semi-recently, i have no clue what's taking them so long to get these sent out.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

Angelo

There's been a semi-recent update on Darla's site: "VINYL UPDATE: At Dawn: 20th Anniversary Edition 3xLP preorders started shipping on May 3 *in order of first received*. You will receive a confirmation email with tracking number once your order is shipped. It may take 3-4 weeks to get all shipped. Please know we're working overtime to get all 2000 orders out ASAP along with all the other orders and work at hand. Thank you for your patience."

No clue why it's taking this long either. If the LPs had arrived to them on time, as expected, would it still have taken them 3-4 weeks to ship them? It doesn't make sense.

MMJTX

ya don't make no sense, i pretty much ordered the second i saw the first email from Darla so had to be one of the first to order, it's been almost 2 weeks since May 3rd and i still have no received a shipping confirmation. Oh well, im sure we'll get them eventually was just curious if anyone else had heard anything, thanks Angelo
Anytime

WeBackUp

Hey everyone......I received my copy in the mail on Saturday. Spoke with someone a few weeks ago at ColorTest who stated there was an issue with the pressing, and there was a delay shipping them out. The real delay was with the post office. Received the "your package has shipped" email on 05/05 and it finally arrived Saturday.  :angry:
Totally worth the wait. The extra LP is heavenly with just Jim, reverb, and guitar. On top of that the color of the vinyl is outta sight. I call it The Most Beautiful Sunrise Orange.

MMJTX

Well, finally got my vinyl in the mail, unfortunately it is not opaque at all, it's just solid orange. but whatevs, can't wait to listen to it.
Anytime

CountSA

Quote from: MMJTX on May 26, 2021, 08:44 AMWell, finally got my vinyl in the mail, unfortunately it is not opaque at all, it's just solid orange. but whatevs, can't wait to listen to it.

Were you thinking of the clear orange swirl, because opaque means solid color.

MPP

Quote from: MMJTX on May 26, 2021, 08:44 AMWell, finally got my vinyl in the mail, unfortunately it is not opaque at all, it's just solid orange. but whatevs, can't wait to listen to it.

Nothing for me yet.  No emails, no order has shipped notice.  Curious how many on here have not received a notice or the actual vinyl yet.

searchinbig

Not even an email yet.  :cry:

These things are always a problem.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

getinthevan

I reached out to Darla and here's the response I received:

Sorry fulfillment is taking longer than anyone would like, me included. I hear you. It shouldn't be too much longer. Here's some "Where is my order?" explanation I wrote for inquiring minds.

All mail orders are shipping now in order first received. You will receive a confirmation email with tracking number once your order is shipped. All info and updates are available on the the item detail page.

Sometimes the above is not enough info. Customers sometimes don't understand why they haven't yet received an item and assume the worst. 2021 has been a little different for a number of reasons, all of which are unprecedented. Here's the dirt:

Covid finally made everyone an online shopper. Our direct mail order sales have increased more than 10x over last year.

Demand for vinyl is higher than ever. Way higher. Pressings of 2000 are now sold out before they arrive from the pressing plant. Once received, we must ship all 2000 orders, one at a time, all while attempting to maintain balance with orders for 2500 + other products from our mail order, retailer and wholesale distribution customers.

We've received two different titles in pressings of 2000 each within the last 30 days: Sweet Trip - You Will Never Know Why 2xLP and My Morning Jacket - At Dawn: 20th Anniversary Edition 3xLP. We're double-buried at present, but more than half way through.

When we say "Shipping starts on x date", it doesn't mean all 2000 ship on the same day or even in the same week. There is also a perception that small business must perform fulfillment as quickly as Amazon. Sorry, that's not the case. There are two people processing and shipping orders at Darla HQ.

We're keenly aware that customer expectation of ship time is not as fast as expected. So, starting August 1, we'll have a three person team to process orders. You will, however, have received your YWNKW 2xLP and or At Dawn 3xLP order well before then. I expect we will have the remainder of YWNKW shipped within a week and At Dawn all shipped before mid-June at the outside.

Fulfillment by the pressing plant is an option, however, they cannot get individual orders out any faster than we can. I asked.

A week ago, I phoned for a reorder of LP mailers, which we usually receive within a week. I was told there's now a cardboard shortage (!) and our order would take 3-5 weeks... Fortunately, we were able to order more via another supplier who provided a limited quantity, borrowed with permission from another customer's order and sent by freight from Chicago to CA, within a week. Still, we were without LP mailers for a week. What's next, right? Sheesh.

Whatever obstacles life throws in our way, please know we are working diligently to get all orders out as fast as humanly possible, just as we've done for the past 27 years. Your order has not been forgotten. Our Shopify site doesn't forget orders, and we check regularly for any stragglers.

Thank you for your patience,
James, Chandra & Wyatt
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

MPP

Thanks for that post and the Darla response, getinthevan.  In the time he took to write it, probably could have shipped another 10 At Dawns.  Lol

MMJTX

Quote from: CountSA on May 26, 2021, 09:33 AM

Wow im a moron, ya a bit confused, i could've sworn i ordered the clear orange swirl but just checked my email confirmation of order and it says opaque orange, so they sent me the correct one and im dumb, lol :grin:
Anytime

Crispy

Quote from: MMJTX on May 26, 2021, 12:45 PM
Quote from: CountSA on May 26, 2021, 09:33 AM

Wow im a moron, ya a bit confused, i could've sworn i ordered the clear orange swirl but just checked my email confirmation of order and it says opaque orange, so they sent me the correct one and im dumb, lol :grin:

Just to be annoyingly technical, "opaque" doesn't necessarily mean solid -- it means it's not translucent, that is, you can't see through it. So it could still be a swirly orange/white combination, but apparently that's not what this is anyway.
[picture of Actually Guy]
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."