ANNOUNCING MMJ LIVE!

Started by TheDude, Jun 17, 2021, 10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDude

So instead of the long rumoured second live album, we're instead getting a whole new series of live albums on vinyl!!!! The first release will be MMJ Live 2015. Do you think they'll do one album per tour or what will it look like? Different songs from different nights? I can't wait to find out!
First Show: 05/22/06 Most Recent: 08/19/23 Total: 12

peachtruck

Still waiting for 2010 Terminal 5 shows. No tapers allowed at the time due to professional recording

Clarkwork

Got it ordered!  Hopefully more to come, I still would love to see more Nug shows though.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

MMJCOBRA

In for this!!!! 

Any details on which shows the recordings were taken from?

rkwedge

Ordered!  :thumbsup: I guess this is the live stuff in the can they been hinting about for years. There will definitely be more, too many songs not on it.  Can't wait, Tropics from this is on YouTube
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Jbpats

Ordered and amped for it

Come Closer

I hope some of the future releases in this series are full shows or one run compilations. This kinda feels like Okonokos 2 with the way it's sort of a greatest hits tracklist. 

Mr. White

Saw this a few minutes ago when checking in on Instagram and immediately ordered mine!

Rock And Roll!!!

They need to do a live DVD/Blu-Ray release like Pearl Jam's "Touring Band 2000" film. I love that one and would love something like that from MMJ. That would do it for me ... for a while.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

ChiefOKONO

Such great news!!! I was wondering about the live album just this week!!!

ChiefOKONO

The record has been purchased! :D :D

gardenparty

My first thought was YES FINALLY! 

And while I am super stoked on this, I don't love some things about this particular release. 

Hopefully there is some better artwork tied to this series. The song selection is ok.

Additionally, if there are going to be more in the series, including some full shows (MMJ confirmed this on an IG response) I'd rather hold off until the ones I really want come out.

At $50 or so each, I will need to wait for the best ones. 

However, I will spin the shit out of this one and buy the digital release when available.

Overall this is amazingly exciting news from the band!

Come Closer

Is this the version of Tropics from Red Rocks 2015? Sure sounds like it. I guess they don't consider that as a release?

Lucius

Excited, but I'll wait for the downloads/streaming options. Would love the 2019 TTF anniversary show. The existing recordings out there gave me a whole new appreciation for that album and an official release would be amazing :cheesy:
it wouldn't be a party without you

Lonndown27

Quote from: Lucius on Jun 17, 2021, 06:51 PMExcited, but I'll wait for the downloads/streaming options. Would love the 2019 TTF anniversary show. The existing recordings out there gave me a whole new appreciation for that album and an official release would be amazing :cheesy:
That 2019 Tenn Fire show was incredible. Old September Blues worth the price alone, but then they do that to Twilight, They Ran, oh it's so damn good
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lucius

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Jun 17, 2021, 09:18 PM
Quote from: Lucius on Jun 17, 2021, 06:51 PMExcited, but I'll wait for the downloads/streaming options. Would love the 2019 TTF anniversary show. The existing recordings out there gave me a whole new appreciation for that album and an official release would be amazing :cheesy:
That 2019 Tenn Fire show was incredible. Old September Blues worth the price alone, but then they do that to Twilight, They Ran, oh it's so damn good

Honestly I rarely listen to that album but I've had those recordings on heavy rotation lately! Old Sept, Nashville to Kentucky, Picture of You, The Dark,Twilight, War Begun, Going to Hell... just, holy **** they were on fire that night. It also makes me crave a new studio recording of Tonight I Want to Celebrate With You. I love how that song has evolved live. Keeps getting stuck in my head! Might be an unpopular opinion but I'd even love an entirely re-recorded TTF. Give us some definitive versions of those live jams.

RobRoy286

Quote from: Lucius on Jun 18, 2021, 06:45 AM

Honestly I rarely listen to that album but I've had those recordings on heavy rotation lately! Old Sept, Nashville to Kentucky, Picture of You, The Dark,Twilight, War Begun, Going to Hell... just, holy **** they were on fire that night. It also makes me crave a new studio recording of Tonight I Want to Celebrate With You. I love how that song has evolved live. Keeps getting stuck in my head! Might be an unpopular opinion but I'd even love an entirely re-recorded TTF. Give us some definitive versions of those live jams.
That is my dream - for them to release a pristine modern day TTF. I know that's probably sacrilegious to some, and trust me I absolutely love the original, but from a songwriting standpoint I think it's undoubtedly Jim's best album, and the way they sound live (sax on Nashville especially).

sillyboob

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Jun 18, 2021, 07:28 AM
Quote from: Lucius on Jun 18, 2021, 06:45 AM

That is my dream - for them to release a pristine modern day TTF. I know that's probably sacrilegious to some, and trust me I absolutely love the original, but from a songwriting standpoint I think it's undoubtedly Jim's best album, and the way they sound live (sax on Nashville especially).

While not quite pristine, there is at least one great quality bootleg of the 2019 TFF show at Port Chester.  And OBH4, set one, is TFF live.  You can get that one on nugs.net.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

MPP

Love seeing the praise for the 2019 TTF show at the Cap Theater.  Was fortunate enough to make all four 2019 shows, the TFF concert was by far my favorite.  Performances start to finish were electric, maybe the intimate setting and crowd of mostly long time fans helped inspire them a bit too.

I like that bootleg audio, but if that TTF show was recorded and dropped as one of the upcoming live albums ....  :thumbsup:

Lucius

Oh I can definitely live with the bootleg of 2019 TTF, I think the quality is great! Much applause to all the tapers, if any of you are here just know that you are appreciated!!!

The rest is just me dreaming out loud :grin:

Other tapings I'm often drawn to are those from the 2 night run at Fox Theatre in Atlanta 2015. The band sound like they're having a blast and that might be the loudest crowd I've heard during a MMJ recording? Would love for some of that to surface during these releases! Also the 2017 NYE run. Magical.

Come Closer

Ya OBH4 sbd is the best capture of TTF imo and you get AD on top of it.

What's the NYE 2017 recording that's out there? Like a radio feed rip or something? Sounds good iirc.