ANNOUNCING MMJ LIVE!

Started by TheDude, Jun 17, 2021, 10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobRoy286

Quote from: Osistheones on Jun 19, 2021, 12:53 AMYa OBH4 sbd is the best capture of TTF imo and you get AD on top of it.

What's the NYE 2017 recording that's out there? Like a radio feed rip or something? Sounds good iirc.
Oh yeah I'm very very thankful for OBH4 (getting all of TF and AD in one night is unreal) and the 20th anniversary show (awesome tape, amazing performance, distinct from the OBH performance).

I believe the NYE show was streamed on Sirius, that recording is on Archive.

davymac

Are all of the tracks from various shows during the 2015 tour?  If so I'm hoping the IWSYS is from the Athens / Georgia Theater show  :cool:

Pre-ordered either way!

Come Closer

IWSYS didn't make the cut

MOWJO8185

This is cool and all, but if it's replacing that nice 4-month run when we would get 4-5 full length nugs shows a month, then color me disappointed. Loads of full length shows is where it's at, but for whatever reason they always seem to run out of steam after committing to it for a few months.

parkervb

y'all got me to revisit the TTF show and damn if that War Begun and Picture of You ain't some of the best 20+ minutes you'll ever hear from these guys, I don't know what is. That and the IWBTWYD that follows is perfect after all that shredding.
Don't you ever turn it off

Lonndown27

Quote from: parkervb on Jun 21, 2021, 02:38 PMy'all got me to revisit the TTF show and damn if that War Begun and Picture of You ain't some of the best 20+ minutes you'll ever hear from these guys, I don't know what is. That and the IWBTWYD that follows is perfect after all that shredding.

front to back, that show is so fuckin devastating, Parker. one of my all time favorite shows...it's so listenable. The guitar melodies on Old September are goddamn orgasmic. It also has "Weeks Go By Like Days", one of the greatest lost Jacket songs...listen to that chorus...it is holy....it should've been on TTF.

I wouldn't mind an experiment like re-recording TTF...as long as they did it back in Shelbyville at the Quaids, grain silo and all.

Jim is using a Phase 90 on so much of the 2019 shows, I love his sound.....about time the band use some different modulation.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 25, 2021, 12:59 PM
Quote from: parkervb on Jun 21, 2021, 02:38 PMy'all got me to revisit the TTF show and damn if that War Begun and Picture of You ain't some of the best 20+ minutes you'll ever hear from these guys, I don't know what is. That and the IWBTWYD that follows is perfect after all that shredding.

front to back, that show is so fuckin devastating, Parker. one of my all time favorite shows...it's so listenable. The guitar melodies on Old September are goddamn orgasmic. It also has "Weeks Go By Like Days", one of the greatest lost Jacket songs...listen to that chorus...it is holy....it should've been on TTF.

I wouldn't mind an experiment like re-recording TTF...as long as they did it back in Shelbyville at the Quaids, grain silo and all.

Jim is using a Phase 90 on so much of the 2019 shows, I love his sound.....about time the band use some different modulation.

No silo recording used on TTF

Nikkogino

Shouldn't this be shipping this week?

Cameron

I have USPS informed delivery and I think the pre shipment info showed up yesterday. Do we know if it's shipping from Chattanooga?

Lonndown27

(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Sep 10, 2021, 11:29 AMMMJ's 2nd Ever Live LP REVIEWED
https://www.mymorningjacketfans.com/post/we-review-live-2015-mmj-s-second-ever-live-album

Great review although I personally love both Wonderful and the break up classic, Get the Point.

To me only Wordless and perhaps, Gideon, are too similar to their Okonokos offerings even though both are among my live favorites. Slow Slow Tune should've made the cut instead IMHO.

WHOLE HEARTEDLY AGREE that a fourth LP should've been included to air the dual 2015 behemoths PWW and Steam Engine.  Perhaps they are being saved as centerpieces for a future volume.

A HUGE however, this shit rocks so I feel incredibly spoiled picking these little nits.

I guess that's what a super fan does and it's why we love discussing this incredible band after all these years!!!

Nikkogino

Quote from: unravelled on Sep 10, 2021, 10:37 PM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Sep 10, 2021, 11:29 AMMMJ's 2nd Ever Live LP REVIEWED
https://www.mymorningjacketfans.com/post/we-review-live-2015-mmj-s-second-ever-live-album

Great review although I personally love both Wonderful and the break up classic, Get the Point.

To me only Wordless and perhaps, Gideon, are too similar to their Okonokos offerings even though both are among my live favorites. Slow Slow Tune should've made the cut instead IMHO.

WHOLE HEARTEDLY AGREE that a fourth LP should've been included to air the dual 2015 behemoths PWW and Steam Engine.  Perhaps they are being saved as centerpieces for a future volume.

A HUGE however, this shit rocks so I feel incredibly spoiled picking these little nits.

I guess that's what a super fan does and it's why we love discussing this incredible band after all these years!!!
While I agree with the review's song selection gripes, the fact that this is vol 1 with more sets coming (hopefully) means we should see more soonish, and the Phone Went West and other deep cuts should follow.  I'd love some TTF songs hanging out with Slow Slow Tune, and Strangulation should get a damn showcase slot too.

getinthevan

Can we just all agree that given it's gross under representation on BOTH live albums, Volume 2 should be the 20th anniversary Tennessee Fire show?  Of all the albums, those songs have grown the most from their recorded versions. 
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: getinthevan on Sep 11, 2021, 04:47 PMCan we just all agree that given it's gross under representation on BOTH live albums, Volume 2 should be the 20th anniversary Tennessee Fire show?  Of all the albums, those songs have grown the most from their recorded versions. 

Yes. A house divided cannot stand. HERE HERE!!!

ericm

Quote from: getinthevan on Sep 11, 2021, 04:47 PMCan we just all agree that given it's gross under representation on BOTH live albums, Volume 2 should be the 20th anniversary Tennessee Fire show?  Of all the albums, those songs have grown the most from their recorded versions. 

Works for me!  :thumbsup:

In fact I'll pay for my copy right now if it helps get this done.  :grin:
"Where's Jim going?"

sillyboob

Quote from: ericm on Sep 11, 2021, 06:54 PM

One Big Holiday 4 in the DR. TTF played in it's entirety (along with the rest of the albums). Available on nugs.net.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: sillyboob on Sep 11, 2021, 10:15 PM

One Big Holiday 4 in the DR. TTF played in it's entirety (along with the rest of the albums). Available on nugs.net.

Great suggestion for folks that haven't gotten that yet. All three nights are essential IMO.

However, I attended that OBH and the Tennessee Fire Capitol Theatre shows and give a definite edge to the Cap show for that material.

That entire OBH was an all-timer but you could tell they had more time to work up The Tennessee Fire material for the anniversary.

I'm almost shocked they didn't need sheet music and teleprompters for that crazy One Big Holiday.

Cameron

I want The Cap encore too!

shumatec1012

Quote from: unravelled on Sep 12, 2021, 07:05 PM
Quote from: sillyboob on Sep 11, 2021, 10:15 PM

Great suggestion for folks that haven't gotten that yet. All three nights are essential IMO.

However, I attended that OBH and the Tennessee Fire Capitol Theatre shows and give a definite edge to the Cap show for that material.

That entire OBH was an all-timer but you could tell they had more time to work up The Tennessee Fire material for the anniversary.

I'm almost shocked they didn't need sheet music and teleprompters for that crazy One Big Holiday.

Because there is such a high quality show of the band playing TTF in its entirety- why would the band choose a better version of the same thing as only their 2nd choice in the live series? To me that would feel like a series that's losing steam almost immediately. They have played a total of 3 shows that were that album in its entirety- lets go with a show that better represents the band. I say the 2nd choice should be a full show release-

How about 12/31/08- that wild new years show at MSG- full of rarities, guest stars, etc.  :cool:

MMJCOBRA

How about a 7 LP box of their monster 2006 Bonnaroo set.

Wordless Chorus
It Beats 4 U
What a Wonderful Man
One Big Holiday
Older Guys
Head Held High
Lowdown
The Way That He Sings
Master Plan
At Dawn
Golden
Gideon