MMJ LIVE VOLUME 1

Started by MMJTX, Jun 17, 2021, 10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkervb

Quote from: opsopcopolis on Sep 03, 2021, 10:38 AMI really just want to know what shows the individual tracks are from...

for real. The War on Drugs did that with Live Drugs
Don't you ever turn it off

MOWJO8185

I don't have anything to play vinyl on but considering buying this just for the download card. At the same time, if it's the first in a series and later ones are full shows, I may just wait for those. We got enough 2015 shows on nugs.net for this to not feel terribly unique to me (given that I'm not a vinyl guy, that part of it is obviously unique).

Nikkogino

Anyone else's really noisy? 

Fritz

Quote from: rkwedge on Jul 05, 2021, 02:17 AMTropics is from Red Rocks 2015.
I don't think it is. Just compared the two and they don't match up.

Lucius

Do we know if these are getting a more widespread digital release at any point? I don't know why exactly but a live album on vinyl just doesn't appeal to me. Would love to have these on my iTunes and Spotify, especially mixed with future volumes. I love having a "create your own setlist" with live recordings night! Way too much effort with wax :grin:
it wouldn't be a party without you

Nikkogino

Quote from: Lucius on Sep 04, 2021, 07:54 AMDo we know if these are getting a more widespread digital release at any point? I don't know why exactly but a live album on vinyl just doesn't appeal to me. Would love to have these on my iTunes and Spotify, especially mixed with future volumes. I love having a "create your own setlist" with live recordings night! Way too much effort with wax :grin:
It will be streaming at a later date.  It's initially vinyl exclusive though.

MMJCOBRA

It does come w a dload code.

My vinyl is pristine. Zero surface noise. I love hearing definitive live versions of so many of the new jams!!

My only quibble is that Smokin from Shootin didn't make the cut.

MMJCOBRA

The intro for Masterplan is sooooooo freaking cool!!

Nikkogino

Quote from: unravelled on Sep 06, 2021, 11:20 AMIt does come w a dload code.

My vinyl is pristine. Zero surface noise. I love hearing definitive live versions of so many of the new jams!!

My only quibble is that Smokin from Shootin didn't make the cut.
This.  Woulda loved a Smokin from Shootin in the place of Gideon.

Cameron

Quote from: unravelled on Sep 06, 2021, 11:53 AMThe intro for Masterplan is sooooooo freaking cool!!

Agree. Love this version of my favorite mmj tune.

MMJCOBRA

I'm still dying to find out which shows these songs were taken from.

Any help Mr Yac?

Come Closer

Starts out kinda slow, the run of Compound Fracture through Believe is kinda meh. But I probably feel that way in large part due to my feelings on those songs. From Evil Urges on is pretty tight. I did a few comparisons with the 2015 auds I have, but nothing seemed to match up. They played a lot of shows that year.

robb

Quote from: unravelled on Sep 06, 2021, 08:03 PMI'm still dying to find out which shows these songs were taken from.

Any help Mr Yac?

my understanding is that this information got lost somehow during the mixing process and the band isn't even sure which shows the tracks are from at this point.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

DaydreamNation

I like this! Cool to have "definitive" live versions of some of the newer tracks. Frankly though the sequencing is a little weird and I feel like there are better versions of some of these songs from the last few years. But whatever! Hopefully this is vol. 1 of very very many!
11/11/23  11/10/23  11/9/23  11/7/23  10/29/22  11/2/21  7/7/17  6/22/17  10/27/16  5/13/16  5/12/16

Lonndown27

My little review for MMJ LIVE 2015 VOL.I
👇👇👇👇👇👇💛💜💛💜💛💜🎃🎃🎃🍿🍿🙏
https://www.mymorningjacketfans.com/post/we-review-live-2015-mmj-s-second-ever-live-album
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

ChiefOKONO

so far I LOVE it!  Great quality and better than I expected.   Bring on vol 2 and 3 and more too I hope!!!!

ChiefOKONO

ok just finished.  Loved the intro to Masterplan and dondante was a highlight too.  It is mixed really well and nice to hear some of the nuances.... great stuff! 

Eagerly awaiting more... guess I may be greedy :)

Lonndown27

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Sep 08, 2021, 06:59 PMok just finished.  Loved the intro to Masterplan and dondante was a highlight too.  It is mixed really well and nice to hear some of the nuances.... great stuff! 

Eagerly awaiting more... guess I may be greedy :)

it is a definitive airing of MASTERPLAN
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

Dream VOL I LIVE 2015 LIST
(W/O ALTERING THE ORIGINAL THEME AND LIST MUCH)
-LP means fine as is

VICTORY DANCE (LP)
CIRCUITAL (LP)
EVIL URGES (LP)
COMPOUND 8/12
I'M AMAZED (Beacon)
SPRING (Beacon)
TROPICS 7/28
THEY RAN 7/28
SLOW SLOW TUNE 6/9
GIDEON (LP)
STEAM ENGINE 7/26
MASTERPLAN (LP)
DONDANTE 8/7
SMOKIN FROM SHOOTIN Beacon
TOUCH ME II 7/28
PHONE WENT WEST Beacon

LIVE 2015 Review
https://www.mymorningjacketfans.com/post/we-review-live-2015-mmj-s-second-ever-live-album

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: Osistheones on Sep 06, 2021, 09:56 PMStarts out kinda slow, the run of Compound Fracture through Believe is kinda meh. But I probably feel that way in large part due to my feelings on those songs. From Evil Urges on is pretty tight. I did a few comparisons with the 2015 auds I have, but nothing seemed to match up. They played a lot of shows that year.

I love the opening five song run of Victory Dance, Circuital, Compound Fracture, I'm Amazed and Believe.

I've seen each song in the opener slot live except for I'm Amazed. Pretty strong first set stuff before we get into the hot and sweaty stuff later!

Gotta say the production it top notch. Much better than the nugs.net live shows and those sound really great too. But you can tell the powers that be spent some time mixing and producing this MMJ 2015 Live album.