"In Color" is glorious

Started by Jeff Blauser, Sep 15, 2021, 10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Blauser

Was at the 9/11 show. "In Color" is so great. Raw, heavy, Carl and Jim jamming, amazing vocals, poignant lyrics. Love all their albums and appreciate all their music, but this hit a chord like nothing in recent years:

Enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHvJUk_My0Q

shumatec1012

Agreed! Really liking the new material. This song feels so familiar to me. When I first heard it in Queens I almost felt like I had heard it before. I like the general philosophical themes that are starting to be revealed through the lyrics to the new songs- Love, Love, Love isn't necessarily a masterpiece lyrically- but I think Jim is in a good place as a songwriter and as always this new album will have a character of its own. I can't wait to get to know it.

parkervb

there's definitely something familiar to the beginning...but yea, I'm a big fan already.
Don't you ever turn it off

RobRoy286

Can't get enough of this song

diddy57

Really looking forward to the studio version because when I see a video like this and hear people yacking it up non-stop during JJ's performance, it drives me crazy. WHY ARE YOU THERE, FOOLs??

rkwedge

Quote from: diddy57 on Sep 22, 2021, 07:08 PMReally looking forward to the studio version because when I see a video like this and hear people yacking it up non-stop during JJ's performance, it drives me crazy. WHY ARE YOU THERE, FOOLs??
This one will make you feel better, ripped from the live stream soundboard audio. Love this song!
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

shumatec1012

Quote from: rkwedge on Sep 22, 2021, 10:11 PM
Quote from: diddy57 on Sep 22, 2021, 07:08 PMReally looking forward to the studio version because when I see a video like this and hear people yacking it up non-stop during JJ's performance, it drives me crazy. WHY ARE YOU THERE, FOOLs??
This one will make you feel better, ripped from the live stream soundboard audio. Love this song!

Yes, the disrespect given to new material in a live setting has always bothered me..new material from my favorite bands is always what I am most looking forward to. It doesn't resonate with me that you wouldn't give something you've never heard before your full attention- I was in Queens for this debut- and what a pleasure to be there for it!

mdgsolo

Quote from: shumatec1012 on Sep 23, 2021, 10:38 AM
Quote from: rkwedge on Sep 22, 2021, 10:11 PM

Yes, the disrespect given to new material in a live setting has always bothered me..new material from my favorite bands is always what I am most looking forward to. It doesn't resonate with me that you wouldn't give something you've never heard before your full attention- I was in Queens for this debut- and what a pleasure to be there for it!

Couldn't agree with you more!  And this song has really stuck with me- I've woken up in the morning more than once singing it in my head!

Cameron

finally listening and it's my favorite of the 3 for sure.  looking forward to hopefully hearing it tomorrow.

iLikeBeer

This song truly is glorious!!!  :beer:

diddy57

Thanks for posting the much improved version.

PJAMVedder

TheRoof

Such a great song. Thanks so much for sharing these.
You Are Everything