Jim James ES 335!

Started by Clarkwork, Nov 04, 2021, 04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarkwork

https://www.gibson.com/en-US/Guitar/USA4QQ621/Jim-James-ES-335/Walnut

300 made, have been looking out for this one for a while, and excited to get.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

ChiefOKONO

Wow, this looks so great.  But so expensive!  I would love to try it out though....

If you get it please post a full review :)

Hennings

It's beautiful. 335 has been my dream guitar for a long time. This one, WOW.

Mr. White

Jim James ES-335 in Walnut

In this haunting rendition of "Exploding," Jim James demonstrates not only the beauty of his new signature guitar but also the beauty of his songwriting. Inspired by elements of nature, his guitar features a Walnut finish long coveted by ES-335 fans. Gibson is honored to collaborate with Jim James to bring his dream guitar to life.

A portion of the proceeds from the sale of all guitars will be donated to Gibson Gives, dedicated to creating, developing, and supporting non-profit organizations in their efforts to advance musicians, youth-focused education, music, and wellness initiatives.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

ChiefOKONO

davymac

This is such a beautiful guitar.  I wonder how quickly Gibson will sell out?

ChiefOKONO

Any idea if they would make more or is it just a hard limit?

mdgsolo

Out of Stock- I guess they already sold out?   :shocked:

There seems to be plenty of flippers with them already on Ebay etc. so I guess that's where a bunch of them went..

ChiefOKONO

damn it that really sucks to hear!

cderosa1185

I was lucky enough to get one on launch day and it arrived at my door on 11/4/21, the first night of the Chicago run. A good friend of mine who works in the music industry found out and told me to bring the guitar down to the auditorium theater on Saturday. To my surprise he got it signed by the man himself. An amazing gesture of friendship. This guitar is now even more special!

ChiefOKONO

Can you please post a photo of the guitar @cderosa1185 ?

sweatboard

Psychedelic Images and Guitar Tone Ahead......Beware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3ZDWqcukI8

UH....THIS IS THE MOST EPIC SHIT EVER.  Whoever created this video deserves a raise. I don't want the guitar but I DO want someone on here to give us the scoop on how it actually preforms in real life.

Does anyone know how much Jim was actually playing this guitar on the last tour. Sounds SWEET in this video.....I am certain I couldn't get that tone out of it. I'll stick with the squire jazzmaster.

There's Still Time.........

Lonndown27

I've played this guitar 3x, once gigging and twice fucking around.
It's really dark sounding. By far the darkest sounding Gibson I've ever played on or owned.
It's got a great slapping sound on chords, would be great for funk stuff strangely enough.
The best songs I played were The Changing Man, Dondante, I Will Sing You Songs, but it sounded best when I played thick, gargantuan jams. And if you want the best out of this guitar, string it with the thickest gauges you can handle.
I would buy one but they're far too much.
I had a dream playing it but gotta say the look, the wood, the feel all of it are astounding but the pickups need juicing and boosting. A very midrange guitar
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018