Okonokos!  Vinyl!

Started by Nikkogino, Jan 28, 2007, 09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dookie shoot bandit

JUST LOOKED AT MY EMAILS!!!
Ordered!!!
This is AWESOME

Nikkogino

Quote from: Robert Cannon on Nov 17, 2021, 03:25 PMAlso includes two additional tracks on the last side, How Do You Know and Bermuda Highway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wish they would have included Picture of You, which was played during that run.  I love Bermuda Hwy, but we have that on Acoustic Cisuoca and Acoustic Chorale.  That's not a huge selling point to me.

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: Nikkogino on Nov 17, 2021, 05:23 PM
Quote from: Robert Cannon on Nov 17, 2021, 03:25 PMAlso includes two additional tracks on the last side, How Do You Know and Bermuda Highway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wish they would have included Picture of You, which was played during that run.  I love Bermuda Hwy, but we have that on Acoustic Cisuoca and Acoustic Chorale.  That's not a huge selling point to me.

Agree but How Do You Know is a biggie for me.

Nikkogino

Quote from: Robert Cannon on Nov 17, 2021, 05:38 PM
Quote from: Nikkogino on Nov 17, 2021, 05:23 PM

Agree but How Do You Know is for me.
Excited to hear that, but that's $73 I don't have right now with x-mas (curtain) coming up.

ChiefOKONO

MMJCOBRA

dookie shoot bandit

Arrived Today... and It's wonderful

notdarkyet

did this come with a digital download?  i also thought it was supposed to be available digitally as a separate purchase?

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: notdarkyet on Dec 21, 2021, 11:24 AMdid this come with a digital download?  i also thought it was supposed to be available digitally as a separate purchase?

I don't see a digital download in the sleeves.

Erad

Anyone with an OG pressing do a sound quality comparison by chance? I've heard rumblings of the new press being a slightly different mix.  I noticed the 2016 one at least has CB (Chris Bellman) in the deadwax (good signs an album will sound great), but the new press just has generic GZ Media deadwax codes.  Both appear to be mastered at Bob Ludwig's studio.

ChiefOKONO

For sure.  Not much else gets me as pumped up as new MMJ stuff, esp. OKONOKOS related!

Quote from: Robert Cannon on Nov 19, 2021, 01:57 PM
Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Nov 19, 2021, 12:42 PMYES!!!!

Lol. Knew that Chief would be MAX EXCITE!!!

Lonndown27

Love OKONOKOS, to me it's the GOAT live album or DVD, but the fact that it can be improved and hasn't been is a shame. If you're going to reissue it, give us more than 1 song we already could get and a few new photos for 80+ bucks...
That's just outrageous to me....
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

They sometimes seem to go with as little effort as possible. I won't be buying this until I find a reason to. Love my OG press and don't understand a reissue that doesn't consist of the other 15 or so songs they could use, let alone all that footage Erickson has...
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

notdarkyet

does anyone with the reissue have a download code?  wanted to make sure it's not just my copy as someone else here said they didn't get a download code.  the site clearly said it would come with a digital download.

ChiefOKONO

I'll have to check... not sure I got one either?

Where is it located and what does it look like for those who got one?  Thanks!