MMJ LIVE VOLUME 1

Started by MMJTX, Jun 17, 2021, 10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiefOKONO

YES!!! top notch production, great work MMJ team!  I needed this, it really cheered me up after a rough couple of weeks.

Lonndown27

hope you're okay ChiefOkono!!!
I think the versions of Gideon, Masterplan maybe Victory Dance are damn near definitives
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

wheelhousetunes

Still waiting on the digital only of this. I don't do vinyl.

sillyboob

Quote from: wheelhousetunes on Dec 03, 2021, 12:16 PMStill waiting on the digital only of this. I don't do vinyl.

Absolutely stupid to shut out fans who want this on a different format.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

wheelhousetunes

Quote from: sillyboob on Dec 06, 2021, 03:21 PM
Quote from: wheelhousetunes on Dec 03, 2021, 12:16 PMStill waiting on the digital only of this. I don't do vinyl.

Absolutely stupid to shut out fans who want this on a different format.

Exactly. Especially since they already have so much on Nugs.net. How hard would it be to add?

Lucius

Eh, I don't buy vinyl anymore (the quality has gone downhill drastically in the last 10 years) but I'm not in a rush to get my hands on this album either. There are so many HQ tapings of this band out there that my live Jacket thirst is pretty much non existent. As long as there aren't any full blown conversations going on around the taper I actually prefer those recordings to the polished released ones anyway.

That being said - I will obviously buy this in a heartbeat when it becomes available to download. It'll come when it comes.
it wouldn't be a party without you

MOWJO8185

Someone hooked me up with a digital copy of this but honestly I don't think I've listened once. We have Red Rocks 2015 and a 3 night stand from San Fran on nugs, a compilation release of what is basically staples didn't really inspire a listen.

I'll listen to the Dondante at some point, Jim was doing some trippy noodling that year.

Nikkogino

Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Dec 08, 2021, 10:00 AMSomeone hooked me up with a digital copy of this but honestly I don't think I've listened once. We have Red Rocks 2015 and a 3 night stand from San Fran on nugs, a compilation release of what is basically staples didn't really inspire a listen.

I'll listen to the Dondante at some point, Jim was doing some trippy noodling that year.
Yeah, I have it on vinyl but have listened once.  The tracklist choice isn't extremely exciting and contains some of my least favorite in their catalogue.   

Cameron

It's my favorite version of Masterplan that I have.

MyYinzerJacket

Quote from: Cameron on Dec 08, 2021, 04:26 PMIt's my favorite version of Masterplan that I have.
Masterplan, along with Tropics, makes it worthwhile for me.
Came for the reverb, stayed for the jams

SplatSplatSplat

Quote from: Cameron on Dec 08, 2021, 04:26 PMIt's my favorite version of Masterplan that I have.

yeah, this Masterplan rips.  Overall, though, the tracklist is just...not the best.
You need it.  That's for sure.

Come Closer

I'm someone who was disappointed when I saw the tracklist, but was pleasantly surprised at how well curated it was when I actually listened to it.

Come Closer

Do you think we'll get Vol 2 this year? Or ever? I could see this being something that goes by the wayside especially with the pressing plant sitch.