2022 US Tour Dates

Started by parkervb, Feb 15, 2022, 12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roffrs

Quote from: logan5ive on Feb 15, 2022, 04:49 PMThoughts on all 4 Colorado shows being unique setlist nights with no repeats spanning the 4 shows? Or , will they treat them as 2 groups of 2 shows?

The venues are just an hour apart, and it may be wishful thinking, but I'm leaning towards no repeats.

Especially with Pat's comments that they don't do "album tours" anymore, and that they've released two albums since they were last in CO.

Four completely unique shows across two venues would make for some EPIC set lists.
Good luck comes from trying.

ranyart

This is excellent news and I even got my Louisville Waterfront Park wish! :thumbsup:

Clarkwork

Great day for Jacket fans
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Come Closer

Quote from: roffrs on Feb 15, 2022, 05:21 PMEspecially with Pat's comments that they don't do "album tours" anymore
Except this very much looks like an album tour lol. For all that talk it kind of looks like more of the same. Like one extra multi night run.

Come Closer

Quote from: DaydreamNation on Feb 15, 2022, 02:48 PMTime to convince my wife that what she realllllly wants to do in August for our one-year wedding anniversary is to head to Colorado with me and our daughter who will be...about two months old by then? We'll see lol
I went to RR han solo when my son was that old. And then was in DR on his 2nd bday. Whoops.

Cameron

Quote from: Come Closer on Feb 15, 2022, 05:57 PM
Quote from: roffrs on Feb 15, 2022, 05:21 PMEspecially with Pat's comments that they don't do "album tours" anymore
Except this very much looks like an album tour lol. For all that talk it kind of looks like more of the same. Like one extra multi night run.

Thought we were due here in Austin for a multi night run but I'll take what I can get and be happy!

ranyart

There are some really fun shows in this list.  Hollywood Forever Cemetery - wow.  And there is a show in Taos at a freaking killer spot.  Oh my...

Looks like it's Louisville and Chicago for us.  Good luck with your tix when the time is right!

walterfredo

Is there a presale? If so anyone have the code? How the hell did I not get any emails about any of this?

roffrs

I thought he was talking about setlists/song selection. Spreading it out more evenly across the whole catalog instead of playing most of the new album at every show.
Good luck comes from trying.

Jackets N Pones

Houston :cheesy: Dallas :cheesy: Austin :cheesy: for us! ROCK
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

itrainmonkeys

As someone who has never done Red Rocks but has it on the bucket list - is there anything specific to know for the show/sale. 

I was looking at the VIP packages and thinking maybe doing the Love & Sound Package for one show and the Red Rocks Backstage Tour Experience VIP for another, if possible.   Though I'm not sure the Red Rocks backstage tour may be worth it.

Essentially I'm likely willing to pay the prices for guaranteed front 15 rows (if that's good?) and signed poster for both nights.  Does anyone know if the Love & Sound is maybe available for me to buy one of each night?

walterfredo

Go to red rocks!

I think I've seen about 15 shows at RR over the last 25 years. In my experience I'd say anything in the front 40 to 50 rows is absolutely amazing. Once you get up towards the top, the sound can get splintered. can get windy there, the sound kind of whips around a little bit near the top. Still great! I think the sweet spot at red rocks is right around the middle. You're up too close you don't really get to see and feel the full affect of the venue.

itrainmonkeys

Quote from: walterfredo on Feb 15, 2022, 09:07 PMGo to red rocks!

I think I've seen about 15 shows at RR over the last 25 years. In my experience I'd say anything in the front 40 to 50 rows is absolutely amazing. Once you get up towards the top, the sound can get splintered. can get windy there, the sound kind of whips around a little bit near the top. Still great! I think the sweet spot at red rocks is right around the middle. You're up too close you don't really get to see and feel the full affect of the venue.

Good to know.  I've read about it over the years but wanted a refresher on how bad it could be when further up.  I'm willing to get the VIP package simply to get a guaranteed poster and seat in the front rows.

I actually got to see Red Rocks early this past summer but it was during a family visit and we just walked through during the day.  Dying to go back and see a show there.  Been wanting to do it for years and may be trying on the presale tomorrow.

Come Closer

Quote from: roffrs on Feb 15, 2022, 08:36 PM

I thought he was talking about setlists/song selection. Spreading it out more evenly across the whole catalog instead of playing most of the new album at every show.
But they've always kinda done that anyways? At least in the 2010s when they've had new albums out.

Maybe the context was different for Patrick's quote that you're referencing, I was possibly incorrectly lumping it in with the "We don't want to hectically crisscross the country anymore we're gonna hang out in a city for a few days" kinda stuff they were saying post hiatus.

Anyways I don't doubt they'll do 4 mostly/completely unique setlists in CO. They've routinely done it with 3 night runs and of course Beacon.

walterfredo

Can anyone please shine some light on the presale info? I've been a roll call member since it's inception and been seeing the band for 16 years, yet somehow did not receive any email about the shows or presale info. Could really use an assist with this!

Come Closer

Lol. CID and the Ticketmaster bots run the show now mang. The good ole easy days of roll call are long gone. It's a brave new world. How depressing.

itrainmonkeys

Quote from: walterfredo on Feb 15, 2022, 09:45 PMCan anyone please shine some light on the presale info? I've been a roll call member since it's inception and been seeing the band for 16 years, yet somehow did not receive any email about the shows or presale info. Could really use an assist with this!

This is all I'm aware of:

https://www.cidentertainment.com/events/my-morning-jacket/?fbclid=IwAR0VKN8MSXzl4iCUicX9B4y7_IqE-MBR_kARESNv21inohW4iMtHMpXpw7A

and

JUST ANNOUNCED! We're excited to share a whole slew of 2022 tour dates.
Fan pre-sale, travel packages (Red Rocks and Louisville), and VIP on-sale begins tomorrow at 10am local venue time. No password is needed (except for Louisville, Taos, and Red Rocks: "Incolor"). If you miss the limited pre-sale offering, general on-sale begins on Friday. Check local ticket links for general on-sale timing, as it varies by market.

Pre-sale 🎫 https://bit.ly/MMJ-2022presale

VIP and Travel 🎫 https://bit.ly/2022VIP-MMJ

We've partnered with PLUS1 so that $1 from each ticket will go to supporting nonprofits working to secure social justice, ensure mental health care for all, and confront the climate crisis.

walterfredo

ericm

Quote from: logan5ive on Feb 15, 2022, 04:49 PMThoughts on all 4 Colorado shows being unique setlist nights with no repeats spanning the 4 shows? Or , will they treat them as 2 groups of 2 shows?

Also, is the Dillon show all GA?

My .02 is they'll treat them as 2 groups of two shows, so I think they'll be some overlap. Maybe not a lot of tunes played at both venues but some.

Eg, I can't see OBH, PWW, Dondante or Steam Engine all only being played once in four shows. They might not all be repeated but it's doubtful to me none of them will. Same with I'm Amazed and a couple of others.
"Where's Jim going?"

Woody

Quote from: dookie shoot bandit on Feb 15, 2022, 02:05 PMMy guess is they get added to Sea.Hear.Now. Festival. They are playing in Connecticut the day before the festival starts

Great call. Makes perfect sense and they are due to play this fest given their Danny Clinch connection. Bring it!