roll call 2.0?

Started by slappymoe, Sep 01, 2019, 11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

I'm told Roll Call will return, but no details on changes, improvements, etc. Toogans was the name of MMJ's first van. "Toogans" who posts here occasionally is an insider in the know.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Clarkwork

I've been a Roll Caller from day one and hope it returns.  I'd love some input in it on what was great and what was maybe not so great.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Clarkwork

Would really love Roll Call to come back!  Never had issues with it and loved the perks.  Would offer my input if they bring back :)
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

slappymoe

sillyboob

Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Bulldog

MMJCOBRA

kevndoherty

Still no update on an official fan club / roll call / wonderful union resurrection?? I wore the 2014 roll call shirt until it fell apart on me

ChiefOKONO

It would be really nice to get an update.

I guess management probably doesn't read this forum.....

CountSA

Quote from: kevndoherty on Mar 28, 2022, 07:04 PMStill no update on an official fan club / roll call / wonderful union resurrection?? I wore the 2014 roll call shirt until it fell apart on me

I don't see it coming back...there's too much money to be made with VIP packages.

Cameron

Quote from: CountSA on Mar 29, 2022, 11:31 PM
Quote from: kevndoherty on Mar 28, 2022, 07:04 PMStill no update on an official fan club / roll call / wonderful union resurrection?? I wore the 2014 roll call shirt until it fell apart on me

I don't see it coming back...there's too much money to be made with VIP packages.

Sad but true. Even PJ is finally doing some premium pricing.

ChiefOKONO

If PJ is doing this kind of thing now then I agree sadly that this probably won't happen again.  BUMMER but hey it was great while it lasted!!!

ericm

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Mar 30, 2022, 01:32 PMIf PJ is doing this kind of thing now then I agree sadly that this probably won't happen again.  BUMMER but hey it was great while it lasted!!!

It really was. The early entry was a sweet perk but I really enjoyed the sound check parties and would love to see them come back. It was really great to see the band a bit laid back and joking around with those of us there, hearing a few tunes, and of course the posters.

It was more the atmosphere of them for me and even though they were short, getting an additional  3-4 songs of MMJ live music made them worth every penny.  I still feel they were a great deal cost wise, even if they didn't give us a poster but with them the sound checks were not only a treat but a bargain.

Who can ever forget the "Under the Overpass" Forecastle one?
"Where's Jim going?"

ChiefOKONO

Oh yeah!!!!  I was lucky enough to do one of the soundchecks and it was amazing.  I agree, that is something really special and would LOVE for that to return in some form.

slappymoe

Quote from: ericm on Mar 31, 2022, 07:13 AMwho can ever forget the "Under the Overpass" Forecastle one?
very lucky how that whole scene worked out. even managed to snag one of patrick's drumsticks!

fan club was well worth it, imo.  scored some great seats to some great shows.

Cameron

Early entry to red rocks in '15 and being able to snag a foil poster made it more than worth it for just that.

rincon2

Roll Call was worth it simply for early entry to GA shows. So many great spots earned over the years simply because of the badge! Wiltern, Red Rocks 15 and 16, and Broomfield 17 were the highlights for me.

johnnYYac

Unfortunately, it seems fan clubs are being replaced with VIP ticket offers throughout the market. Why collect $50 per year for a Roll Call membership when you can offer similar perks by doubling ticket prices? Early entry for GA shows and/or poster procurement matters to me. The VIP poster, same design for an entire tour, is not my favorite. The Osprey backpacks, toiletry bags, blankets, and earplugs are ok, but gimmicky and hardly necessary.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Mr. White

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jul 18, 2022, 02:29 PMUnfortunately, it seems fan clubs are being replaced with VIP ticket offers throughout the market. Why collect $50 per year for a Roll Call membership when you can offer similar perks by doubling ticket prices? Early entry for GA shows and/or poster procurement matters to me. The VIP poster, same design for an entire tour, is not my favorite. The Osprey backpacks, toiletry bags, blankets, and earplugs are ok, but gimmicky and hardly necessary.

Speaking of the VIP perks, has anyone gotten their blanket from the current tour? We went to the Knoxville show back on 4/20/2022 and even got an e-mail asking me to confirm my address for it to be sent to our house, but there hasn't been any follow up e-mail or a delivery of the blanket. It's been 3 months now.

As far as the Osprey backpacks go, I gave one to my teenaged grandson, and he says he likes it a lot. I use the other one every day to carry my "stuff" back and forth to work. It's my default briefcase. I like it.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

ericm

Quote from: Mr. White on Jul 18, 2022, 07:51 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Jul 18, 2022, 02:29 PMUnfortunately, it seems fan clubs are being replaced with VIP ticket offers throughout the market. Why collect $50 per year for a Roll Call membership when you can offer similar perks by doubling ticket prices? Early entry for GA shows and/or poster procurement matters to me. The VIP poster, same design for an entire tour, is not my favorite. The Osprey backpacks, toiletry bags, blankets, and earplugs are ok, but gimmicky and hardly necessary.

Speaking of the VIP perks, has anyone gotten their blanket from the current tour? We went to the Knoxville show back on 4/20/2022 and even got an e-mail asking me to confirm my address for it to be sent to our house, but there hasn't been any follow up e-mail or a delivery of the blanket. It's been 3 months now.

As far as the Osprey backpacks go, I gave one to my teenaged grandson, and he says he likes it a lot. I use the other one every day to carry my "stuff" back and forth to work. It's my default briefcase. I like it.

I did. One of CID's reps was at the hotel desk the Thursday night when I was changing my checkout date in Louisville. He told me how they were picking up the Friday nights stay for people who bought the travel package and when I told him I had already rebooked my flight for Friday, he said to wait a minute he'd get me something to make up for it a little and came back and handed me a couple of the blankets.

They're lightweight but pretty cool and colorful. Don't know what the holdup is in getting them out to you but I'd reach out to their customer service via email and see if  that will kick them in the ass a bit. They might just need the reminder and it's been my experience their customer service is pretty helpful.
"Where's Jim going?"