Main Menu

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Started by Northern Neighbour, Feb 26, 2013, 07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Neighbour

New album coming out in mid-April.  First track, "Sacrilege", is out:

http://vevo.ly/11ZBtPe

FiddleCastro

Did not expect the gospel Choir. haha great to finally hear some new YYYs :)
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Ob1jacobe

not what i was expecting at all.  But i loved "It's blitz" and it was not what i expected either.

MrWhippy

Quote from: Ob1jacobe on Feb 26, 2013, 05:09 PM
not what i was expecting at all.  But i loved "It's blitz" and it was not what i expected either.

That's a big thing about what is so great about the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, each of the three albums thus far have been so different from each other.  Can't wait to hear what they have in store for us on the new one.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

Northern Neighbour

Quote from: MrWhippy on Feb 26, 2013, 05:54 PM
Quote from: Ob1jacobe on Feb 26, 2013, 05:09 PM

That's a big thing about what is so great about the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, each of the three albums thus far have been so different from each other.  Can't wait to hear what they have in store for us on the new one.

From album to album, they definitely seem to try to re-invent themselves.  I'm really interested to hear what this album will bring.  I do like this first release.

FiddleCastro

They also debuted a slower track when I saw them at the Sandy benefit they did.  Really looking forward to the new record.

They're doing a record release show here on April 7th, I can't make it  :cry:

Clarkwork

Their Letterman appearance last week was one of the greatest ever. Wasn't sold on the song till I saw it on their. Fan fucking tastic!
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

FiddleCastro

MrWhippy

I LOVE that sign.  More bands need to follow suit with a similar message.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

Crispy

Quote from: MrWhippy on Apr 10, 2013, 05:30 AM
I LOVE that sign.  More bands need to follow suit with a similar message.

YES! I would love to see this sign at the shows I go to.
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

Jeff Murray

I'm curious to hear what they come up with on this album.  I remember seeing them at the Electric Factory 5 plus years ago and just left in awe with a perma smile on my face.  Wouldn't mind seeing them on this tour.

When I saw Clutch at the Chameleon Club in Lancaster you weren't allowed cameras or cell phones.  They searched each person completely, not sure if they are still enforcing that this tour.  I'll admit I'm guilty of taking a few photos, but I don't hold my camera up constantly, normally just keep it in front of myself to avoid bothering others.
Pretty please with peanut butter pudding surprise on top??

Lucius

New song and album!

"Spitting Off the Edge of the World" Featuring Perfume Genius out now and new album "Cool It Down" out September 30! I really like this new song - classic YYYs but at the same time totally 'now', they haven't just come back with something that sounds like a pale imitation of their old stuff *cough*arcadefire*cough*

Perfume Genius is a nice touch too. I'm very new to his work but love what I've heard.

I'm seeing them live this Sunday and next Tuesday, first time seeing them for something that's not a short festival slot. Gonna be at the barrier for both! Can't wait! :cheesy:
it wouldn't be a party without you

Lucius

Quote from: ranyart on Jun 03, 2022, 10:27 AMNice article about the band...

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/jun/03/yeah-yeah-yeahs-return-karen-o-radical-freedom

Great read! Thanks for posting!

They were really on fire in Manchester and London this week. The new stuff sounds great. I feel like "Wolf" is going to be a big song live. Got that "Heads Will Roll" dance-rock energy! There was another new one called Burning which really sounds like Sacrilege :grin: - only complaint is that Karens vocals seemed way too low during the new songs, but you could hear her clearly everywhere else.

"Under The Earth" is an absolute killer live. Was thrilled they played that in London. The crowd weren't sure at first but they won 'em over and it got a big cheer! Karen is such an incredibly magnetic performer, she even holds crowds through the ballads too! 
it wouldn't be a party without you