Knoxville Civic Auditorium - Knoxville, Tennessee

Started by Mr. White, Apr 22, 2022, 03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

Edit: I removed this link and have reuploaded the show with a different attempt at boosting the sound. The explanation is in the thread.

The above link is to my Free Dropbox account with the show uploaded as "one long song". I haven't done the hard work of splitting up all the individual songs to upload to Internet Archives (I've only done 1 or 2 solo shows like this with the help of cgreen2599 and will have to look for his instructions and actually do it in the not so distant future). In the meantime, I have boosted the volume of my original audio by double tracking it on my Nero program and saved the resulting file. The TASCAM DR-05 audio recorder makes WAV files, and so does the Nero Burn program I use for most everything I do (Internet Archives demands you use FLAC). So, I've had to take the double tracked WAV recording and convert it to FLAC using the Free version of Audacity anyone can get from the Interweb (one of my computers has a hard time doing this because it thinks it is out of memory when in fact it isn't, so I have to use an older desktop computer that is thankfully not giving me any problems). Anyway, this single file is the double tracked and converted FLAC file. You should be able to just click on it, and it will lead directly to the file on Dropbox. From there, you should be able to either just listen to it or download it yourself. At some point, I'll have to delete it in order to free up some of my limited free space to use again. Also, I still want to upload it to Internet Archives myself at some point soon (unlike what I've been able to do with the St. Louis show due to issues with individual boosted song volumes ... but that's a long story, and I will get it done). This show should me more straight forward as far as uploading to Internet Archives goes, so I will get on it soon.

Hope everyone who wants to listen to this show enjoys it! I'll get back on here later to describe the location of the recorder for those interested.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

cgreen2599

Thank you! I'm really looking forward to listening to this. The Knoxville videos you also posted are so awesome. It was good hanging with you at the show. I'll be on the lookout for you at Iroquois in a couple months.

Mr. White

Quote from: Mr. White on Apr 22, 2022, 03:11 PMThe above link is to my Free Dropbox account with the show uploaded as "one long song". I haven't done the hard work of splitting up all the individual songs to upload to Internet Archives (I've only done 1 or 2 solo shows like this with the help of cgreen2599 and will have to look for his instructions and actually do it in the not so distant future). In the meantime, I have boosted the volume of my original audio by double tracking it on my Nero program and saved the resulting file. The TASCAM DR-05 audio recorder makes WAV files, and so does the Nero Burn program I use for most everything I do (Internet Archives demands you use FLAC). So, I've had to take the double tracked WAV recording and convert it to FLAC using the Free version of Audacity anyone can get from the Interweb (one of my computers has a hard time doing this because it thinks it is out of memory when in fact it isn't, so I have to use an older desktop computer that is thankfully not giving me any problems). Anyway, this single file is the double tracked and converted FLAC file. You should be able to just click on it, and it will lead directly to the file on Dropbox. From there, you should be able to either just listen to it or download it yourself. At some point, I'll have to delete it in order to free up some of my limited free space to use again. Also, I still want to upload it to Internet Archives myself at some point soon (unlike what I've been able to do with the St. Louis show due to issues with individual boosted song volumes ... but that's a long story, and I will get it done). This show should me more straight forward as far as uploading to Internet Archives goes, so I will get on it soon.

Hope everyone who wants to listen to this show enjoys it! I'll get back on here later to describe the location of the recorder for those interested.

I've deleted the above version of this show (one long song) because when I made myself a couple of CDs of it (CD 1 - First Half & CD 2 - Second Half) it sounded too bass heavy and overblown in general. It wasn't distorted like what's happening with my failed attempts at the St. Louis show, but it was something I know I can and should correct. So ... last night and early this morning, I used Audacity to amplify the sound of the original recording without doing the double tracking like I did with Nero. So far, I've boosted or amplified the sound by 2.5 and 4.0 levels. This following link is the 2.5 level amplification. I'll work on amplifying the times Jim speaks to a much higher degree and will boost the two quiet songs as well before splitting it up into individual songs and then putting it on Internet Archives. I will get it done though. I just wanted a better temporary version available here for those who attended or are just really interested in hearing the show.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tjin5xk639swzbi/MMJ%20-%204-20-2022%20-%20Amp%202.5.flac?dl=0

roberthunter

Thanks for the recording.  The tracked version isn't out yet, is it?

Mr. White

Quote from: roberthunter on Jun 20, 2022, 07:43 PMThanks for the recording.  The tracked version isn't out yet, is it?

No, not yet, but I'm still planning on getting it on Internet Archives eventually.

roberthunter

Quote from: Mr. White on Jul 04, 2022, 10:05 AM
Quote from: roberthunter on Jun 20, 2022, 07:43 PMThanks for the recording.  The tracked version isn't out yet, is it?

No, not yet, but I'm still planning on getting it on Internet Archives eventually.

Thanks