July 28th, 2022
Zanzabar
Louisville, KY
All Ages

General Admission    ADVANCED    $20.00   
Ticket Fee $5.10
Sales Tax $0.31
$25.41

https://www.etix.com/ticket/p/8161853/tyler-ramsey-carl-broemel-louisville-zanzabar

1. Mr. White
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Pineapple

If you don't know yourself, how could you ever know me?

slappymoe

1. Mr. White
2. Pineapple + Mrs Pineapple
3. slappymoe + 2 or 3

weeknight shows and 4:30am alarms don't mix, but i can't pass up a chance to see carl rock such a tiny venue. :thumbsup:

cgreen2599

1. Mr. White
2. Pineapple + Mrs Pineapple
3. slappymoe + 2 or 3
4. cgreen2599 +2 or 3 (also hitting up the Franklin show as well)

sillyboob

I hope everyone has a great time at the shows!!  On one of Carl's Facebook posts about the show I commented "Record it and put it on Bandcamp!!!!!!" and Carl wrote back "good idea!".  He also liked when I commented "LIVE ALBUM" on one of his Instagram posts.  So maybe we'll get a live album out of this run of shows.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Mr. White

Carl Broemel with Tyler Ramsey - Carried Away - Zanzabar - Louisville - 7/28/2022

Carl Broemel with Tyler Ramsey
"Carried Away"
Zanzabar
Louisville, Kentucky
Thursday, July 28, 2022

Carl Broemel with Tyler Ramsey - 4th of July - Zanzabar - Louisville - 7/28/2022

Carl Broemel with Tyler Ramsey
"4th of July"
Zanzabar
Louisville, Kentucky
Thursday, July 28, 2022

slappymoe

was it "wished out" when you got yourself a close, personal, head-banging face-melting?  that was awesome :beer:

rkwedge

Thanks for sharing the videos Mr White, they're great. Those two have such great chemistry together. Hope they make their way out west again sometime soon.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Mr. White

Quote from: slappymoe on Jul 29, 2022, 10:31 AMwas it "wished out" when you got yourself a close, personal, head-banging face-melting?  that was awesome :beer:

Yeah, it was the last song before the two song encore. I had actually gotten to the venue way, way early at around 4:15 because I left work early and had to drive about 72 miles up from Munfordville, Kentucky and knew there was on-going road work between Elizabethtown and Louisville that I didn't want to get unlucky and be in a non-moving traffic jam (this had happened to me on this same stretch of road before a few weeks ago). The traffic was good, so I got there very early. Zanzabar opens at 5:00, so I went in to get the booth seating right before the performance area entrance and got some food. Carl and Tyler came out right in front of me to get themselves some food and a drink, so I said hello to them. They recognized me from the previous tour where I got to the venues early to get a poster signed and talked with them in Lexington, Cincinnati, and at the final performance in Franklin, Tennessee where they are playing tonight. We talked for a few minutes, and when they were about to go back in with their drinks, I stopped them again and asked if I could get a picture of us together (I'll try to upload it here later). Also, I had gone to many, many Carl shows in the past several years from 2016 to now, and had gone out of my way to say hello, get stuff signed, get a picture, etc. I even gave Carl a vinyl album of Pete Townshend and Ronnie Lane called "Rough Mix" that I had bought in college in 1985 because Carl mentions Ronnie Lane in a couple of different songs of his. He loved getting that record the last time I saw him at Headliners in 2018. Those are probably the reasons he picked me out to jam out to/with. However, with all that being said (as the saying goes), I do believe that I was a mere substitute for Erica Moore. If she had been there on the front row, she would have been the lucky one. I've even seen Carl move a monitor out of the way just so he could jam out right above where she was standing (one of the Burl shows in Lexington, I believe). So yeah, it was super special, and it really topped off a fantastic night.

MMJCOBRA

Can't wait to watch those when I get home tonight!  Sounds like an incredible experience.

superflav

sillyboob

Mr. White

Quote from: Mr. White on Jul 29, 2022, 12:37 PM
Quote from: slappymoe on Jul 29, 2022, 10:31 AMwas it "wished out" when you got yourself a close, personal, head-banging face-melting?  that was awesome :beer:

Yeah, it was the last song before the two song encore. I had actually gotten to the venue way, way early at around 4:15 because I left work early and had to drive about 72 miles up from Munfordville, Kentucky and knew there was on-going road work between Elizabethtown and Louisville that I didn't want to get unlucky and be in a non-moving traffic jam (this had happened to me on this same stretch of road before a few weeks ago). The traffic was good, so I got there very early. Zanzabar opens at 5:00, so I went in to get the booth seating right before the performance area entrance and got some food. Carl and Tyler came out right in front of me to get themselves some food and a drink, so I said hello to them. They recognized me from the previous tour where I got to the venues early to get a poster signed and talked with them in Lexington, Cincinnati, and at the final performance in Franklin, Tennessee where they are playing tonight. We talked for a few minutes, and when they were about to go back in with their drinks, I stopped them again and asked if I could get a picture of us together (I'll try to upload it here later). Also, I had gone to many, many Carl shows in the past several years from 2016 to now, and had gone out of my way to say hello, get stuff signed, get a picture, etc. I even gave Carl a vinyl album of Pete Townshend and Ronnie Lane called "Rough Mix" that I had bought in college in 1985 because Carl mentions Ronnie Lane in a couple of different songs of his. He loved getting that record the last time I saw him at Headliners in 2018. Those are probably the reasons he picked me out to jam out to/with. However, with all that being said (as the saying goes), I do believe that I was a mere substitute for Erica Moore. If she had been there on the front row, she would have been the lucky one. I've even seen Carl move a monitor out of the way just so he could jam out right above where she was standing (one of the Burl shows in Lexington, I believe). So yeah, it was super special, and it really topped off a fantastic night.

Carl Broemel, Tyler Ramsey, and Me - Before the show at Zanzabar in Louisville, Kentucky on Thursday, July 28, 2022

Carl Broemel Jamming Out in front of and with Darkstarflashes/Mr. White during "Wished Out" (last song before encore) during the Zanzabar show in Louisville, Kentucky on Thursday, July 28, 2022 - Photo Credit to Dale Hewlett (rincon2)

Carl Jamming Out with Me - Zanzabar - Louisville - 7/28/2022 - Photo Credit to Dale Hewlett (rincon2)

Another shot by Dale Hewlett (rincon2) of Carl Broemel and Me (Darkstarflashes/Mr. White) - Zanzabar - Louisville - 7/28/2022

ericm

Wow John those are great pics and pretty damn cool.  :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:

I gotta say though who the heck are the people looking into their phones when Carl is right there in front of their faces? I'm sorry and maybe I'm too old school but Who needs a video when the man is right there  and the actual memory and whole experience will be in your head forever! Live in the present people!

Now get off my lawn!  :wink:
"Where's Jim going?"

rkwedge

It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

ranyart

We talked about going but work got in the way and I'm sorry it did.  The video and pictures are freaking awesome and it's really good to see everyone having a fun time.

APR

Great story and photos Mr. White.  I'm glad you had another memorable night with Carl.

Mr. White

Thanks to everyone for all the good thoughts and messages about how cool the whole experience was for me. I've been having a lot of ups and downs in my personal life, and right before the show, I was really down because of some things regarding my mother. A wonderful friend of mine gave me some encouragement through a couple of text messages while I was still in my car waiting for Zanzabar to open. She said she wished me to have a wonderful experience beyond my wildest imagination, and that something magical would happen for me. Well ... that wish came true, and I told her, "If you wish it. It will happen."

Also, I did a quick count of all the Carl solo shows I've been to, and I've seen him 15 times since 2016.

sillyboob

It's amazing how this band can help in those down times.  I hope you're going better, and same for your mom.

And I'm totalllllllly jealous of 15 Carl shows.  I've only seen two (his OBH set was sooooo good, it's criminal the full set hasn't been released).  Hoping for a live album from the Carl & Tyler shows.

Mr. White

Quote from: sillyboob on Aug 04, 2022, 04:28 PMIt's amazing how this band can help in those down times.  I hope you're going better, and same for your mom.

And I'm totalllllllly jealous of 15 Carl shows.  I've only seen two (his OBH set was sooooo good, it's criminal the full set hasn't been released).  Hoping for a live album from the Carl & Tyler shows.

Yeah, I've done quite a few little runs of local and semi-local shows since 2016. I've seen Carl in:

Louisville, Kentucky
Lexington, Kentucky
Nashville & Franklin, Tennessee
Indianapolis, Indiana
Cincinnati, Ohio

Saw him in each city at least twice, except for Franklin which was only once, with the most shows in Louisville and Nashville.

Also, thanks for the encouraging words. I'm working it out as best as I know how to. It's hard.