Roll Call - KFC Yum! Center - 10/29/2022 - Louisville

Started by Mr. White, Aug 09, 2022, 12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dookie shoot bandit

Friends Again?????!!!!!!!!  :cheesy:

Now I'm even more super jealous

Congrats to those who are witnessing tonight !

MMJCOBRA

::Misdset Recap:: (lil drunk)

OBH
Black Metal
Evil Urges
Victory
Spooky (Dusty Springfield Cover)
Love x3
Friends Again
OTR
Least Expected
Golden
Feel You
What a Wonderful Man
Circuital
Spring
Hell
Gideon
Touch 1
Touch 2

From MMJ On Tour @jacketracket

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: MMJCOBRA on Oct 29, 2022, 10:58 PM::Misdset Recap:: (lil drunk)

OBH
Black Metal
Evil Urges
Victory
Spooky (Dusty Springfield Cover)
Love x3
Friends Again
OTR
Least Expected
Golden
Feel You
What a Wonderful Man
Circuital
Spring
Hell
Gideon
Touch 1
Touch Season of the Witch (Donovan)
Run Thru
Dancefloors

Encore:

Laylow
Magheetah
Wordless (w giant puppets)

From MMJ On Tour @jacketracket

DaydreamNation

Great show, opening was awesome

Not getting ANY of PWW, Dondante or Steam is a really weird bummer though
11/11/23  11/10/23  11/9/23  11/7/23  10/29/22  11/2/21  7/7/17  6/22/17  10/27/16  5/13/16  5/12/16

bpmac79

Show was insane! That cover of Season of the Witch was OUT OF THIS WORLD.....true props to the guys for finding these songs and weaving them in to the show.......its truly amazing and a special night....

Mr. White

My Morning Jacket
Run Thru & Dancefloors
KFC Yum! Center
Louisville, Kentucky
Saturday, October 29, 2022
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Mr. White

My Morning Jacket
"Wordless Chorus"
KFC Yum! Center
Louisville, Kentucky

LBSUNFLWR

The performance was incredible. Unquestionably the energy and love was on full display. Even the sound in the Yum center was excellent compared to other experiences I've had there. I intentionally chose seats straight back, front row of the 200 level hoping it would sound best there.

But I too felt like I was missing some heavy hitters I was hoping for: Dondante, Master Plan, PWW, War Begun

Plus the song I've been chasing and wish for every show: Rollin Back

Opening with OBH was an awesome surprise. The Halloween feeling and covers definitely added to the experience, and the heart shaped confetti was fun.

I had a very great night but would have designed the setlist just a little differently with a sprinkle of some of my favorite songs. 

LBSUNFLWR

On paper these songs wouldn't be my highlights but performance wise last night I think the highlights for me were Spring followed by I Think I'm Going to Hell.

LBSUNFLWR

Feel You also stood out as one of the best of the night!

Lucius

Heavily intrigued by this set list! Were there any tapers in the house? I've always enjoyed Friends Again, pleasant surprise to see that pop up!
it wouldn't be a party without you

ericm

Quote from: bpmac79 on Oct 30, 2022, 02:13 AMShow was insane! That cover of Season of the Witch was OUT OF THIS WORLD.....true props to the guys for finding these songs and weaving them in to the show.......its truly amazing and a special night....

100% agreed.

I'm sure I've got a few years on people here but having heard Donovan as a kid and loving his work, and then as a late teen seeing him as an opener for Yes at MSG in the mid 70's to last night seeing one of my favorite bands ever covering him just blew me away. Not only did they cover it but they killed it!!

This band never ceases  to amaze me and last night just added to the list of having so many great moments with them. It's why I love them so much and continue to see them as much as I can.

Bravo fellas and looking forward to shows in 23.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

walterfredo

Friends again! So jelly.

(Guess I was at the previous last time played though. T5)

ranyart

We made it to the show and all I can say is I'm super glad we did.  The boys are on fire!  Neither of us had ever heard of Friends Again so obviously that was a huge surprise but the highlights were definitely Scream 1 & 2 into Season of the Witch and I also really enjoyed Spooky which of course I associate with Atlanta Rhythm Section.  Hard to believe that's all for 2022 much less the foreseeable future but I guess we've all learned to be patient as we wait to see what's next.

We also really enjoyed the Louisville Leopards.  They are amazing and I would go see them again for sure.

I hope everyone has safe travels home.  See you on the road in 2023!

Edit:  yes there was definitely a taper in the crowd, and thank you Mr. White for the videos and the interview!

Mr. White

My Morning Jacket
"Golden"
KFC Yum! Center
Louisville, Kentucky

rincon2

Quote from: DaydreamNation on Oct 30, 2022, 12:06 AMGreat show, opening was awesome

Not getting ANY of PWW, Dondante or Steam is a really weird bummer though
Since November of last year I have seen them 4 times. All one night stand shows. Never heard any of those 3 songs in any of the four shows.Spooky was my hi-light by far.

KidsmokeCurt

I thought Highly Suspicious was a shoe in... Friends Again was such a gem. 

When we were heading out to Louisville from STL yesterday morning Season of the Witch came on and I was like oh wow this would be perfect for tonight! Hell ya!

Had such a blast at  <3 the show.  Costumes, confetti, balloon drop, double touch,  leopard percussionists doing off the record with Pats speech at the end had me feeling the vibes. 

I was at the waterfront when the leopards opened for them in 05? Just to be older now see it full circle and feel like a little kid again in a Halloween costume.  Fucking Magical!  :drum:

Mr. White

There was definitely a Taper in the audience last night. Even in my videos when I am not zoomed in on the stage and showing the Soundboard, you can see their mics sticking up pretty much dead center in front of the Soundboard area a few yards away from it. I just checked Internet Archives, and it (and any other Taper Audio that may have been recorded by others in the building) hasn't been uploaded yet. So, until then, I've uploaded my Taper Audio from my Tascam DR-05 Audio Recorder as one long song ... again, like I did for the St. Louis show and for the Knoxville show. I will eventually split this one up to upload myself, but I'm sure the other Taper's Audio will be much better than mine. I have it on MEGA, and below, you can find the link for it. Enjoy! And let me know if there are any problems with it. My computer has been acting up a lot lately, so I haven't been able to properly monitor it using the MEGA playback without issues. The file itself should work well after you download it ... I think. 

It's 1.80 GB

My Morning Jacket Live at the KFC Yum! Center in Louisville, Kentucky on Saturday, October 29, 2022.

I was on the first row of seats overlooking the Floor in the center section directly opposite the stage but to the right a bit as you face the stage. I did adjust the recording volume level a few times, but not a whole lot.

https://mega.nz/file/MtwnQaAT#qotut5qGC2O78QdwI3kU-M1UiUQBUrDn-xbD4FzZA_w

walterfredo

MOWJO8185

I really thought, with the late tour soundchecks and with the spooky Halloween vibe, that we were going to get a Devil's in the Details debut.

That's my only complaint, because I just got myself thinking it was a certainty.