Beacon Run 2015

Started by rkwedge, Nov 22, 2022, 10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkwedge

It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Mr. White

Quote from: rkwedge on Nov 22, 2022, 10:00 AMhttps://www.nugs.net/search/?q=My%20Morning%20Jacket&start=12&sz=12&searchResultsPage=true

The Beacon shows are finally available on Nug's   :cheesy:

This news brought about a massive smile on my face here at work.
I will purchase and download tonight!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Hoptimus Prime

Today started out in the shitter - but this changes everything!!! :headphones:  :headphones:
5/24/2003, and every damn time possible since!

sillyboob

Quote from: Mr. White on Nov 22, 2022, 10:49 AM
Quote from: rkwedge on Nov 22, 2022, 10:00 AMhttps://www.nugs.net/search/?q=My%20Morning%20Jacket&start=12&sz=12&searchResultsPage=true

These will make for a great soundtrack for the coming Thanksgiving trip to La Paz!!

Question on your Yum Center taping, you mentioned wanting to do a 'matrix' recording.  What does that entail?
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Mr. White

Quote from: sillyboob on Nov 22, 2022, 02:51 PM

These will make for a great soundtrack for the coming Thanksgiving trip to La Paz!!

Question on your Yum Center taping, you mentioned wanting to do a 'matrix' recording.  What does that entail?

I use Nero to make all of my videos (other than the ones I upload straight from my phone these days), and I've learned that you can overlay multiple audio files over the video files you are working on. I did that for the St. Louis show full video concert where I simply doubled my original audio to make it louder and more full. The only problem was that it was over-driven during the loudest times making it blatty and harsh sounding to my ear. Anyway, I use the double tracking thing to pair up the Soundboard Audio to fan shot videos that I've done so many of in the past. I have to make sure it is lined up correctly, so there's no echo involved. That takes a lot of time and patience. I've gotten pretty good at it over the years though. So, I can probably sync up the Taper Audios for each song to see if they sound more full. I know my Taper Audio is a bit high pitched with less mid-range and low-end happening. I've been told it sounds really good, but I wonder how it would sound paired up with the more bass heavy other Taper Audios that are available from Brent and Brian. I can do it, but it will take a lot of time, motivation, and patience. We'll see. I may try a few songs individually instead of the whole concert later during the Thanksgiving and/or Christmas breaks I'll have away from work.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

sillyboob

Quote from: Mr. White on Nov 22, 2022, 03:44 PM
Quote from: sillyboob on Nov 22, 2022, 02:51 PM

Interesting to hear the method behind the bootlegs.  Appreciate all the effort!!!

I use Nero to make all of my videos (other than the ones I upload straight from my phone these days), and I've learned that you can overlay multiple audio files over the video files you are working on. I did that for the St. Louis show full video concert where I simply doubled my original audio to make it louder and more full. The only problem was that it was over-driven during the loudest times making it blatty and harsh sounding to my ear. Anyway, I use the double tracking thing to pair up the Soundboard Audio to fan shot videos that I've done so many of in the past. I have to make sure it is lined up correctly, so there's no echo involved. That takes a lot of time and patience. I've gotten pretty good at it over the years though. So, I can probably sync up the Taper Audios for each song to see if they sound more full. I know my Taper Audio is a bit high pitched with less mid-range and low-end happening. I've been told it sounds really good, but I wonder how it would sound paired up with the more bass heavy other Taper Audios that are available from Brent and Brian. I can do it, but it will take a lot of time, motivation, and patience. We'll see. I may try a few songs individually instead of the whole concert later during the Thanksgiving and/or Christmas breaks I'll have away from work.

wheelhousetunes

They usually have a bundle price for runs like this - am I just not seeing it?

sillyboob

ranyart

What a wonderful Thanksgiving gift (just like the shows themselves)!

Terp02

Finally listening to the show I went to (show 2) and you can totally understand why these weren't officially released, as Jim's voice sounds strained. Otherwise, the show is as killer as I remember it.

DaydreamNation

Damn so all y'all that have been saying for years this is the best PWW? No arguments from me, hoooooly shit. Love that Carl stays on guitar the whole time.
11/11/23  11/10/23  11/9/23  11/7/23  10/29/22  11/2/21  7/7/17  6/22/17  10/27/16  5/13/16  5/12/16