Circuital deluxe edition

Started by rkwedge, Nov 02, 2022, 01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkwedge

Apparently there's a Circuital 3 album Deluxe Edition coming out.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Nikkogino

Weird that this gets the treatment before Z or Evil Urges.  If I could pick an album that I would want a deluxe for, this would be my last choice.  Still excited, but just a strange decision.

ChiefOKONO

I agree but still happy that it is coming out!

Quote from: Nikkogino on Nov 02, 2022, 10:52 AMWeird that this gets the treatment before Z or Evil Urges.  If I could pick an album that I would want a deluxe for, this would be my last choice.  Still excited, but just a strange decision.

ChiefOKONO

Lucius

£20 on iTunes :shocked: is a lot for an album I already own plus a bunch of demos. The novelty of artists releasing their albums on 10,000 different colour variants of vinyl, and me feeling like I have to buy them all has long worn off for me so it's a pass. Just streamed that Circuital demo though, which was nice but in no way convinced me I need this release!
it wouldn't be a party without you

sillyboob

Quote from: Lucius on Nov 03, 2022, 05:40 AM£20 on iTunes :shocked: is a lot for an album I already own plus a bunch of demos. The novelty of artists releasing their albums on 10,000 different colour variants of vinyl, and me feeling like I have to buy them all has long worn off for me so it's a pass. Just streamed that Circuital demo though, which was nice but in no way convinced me I need this release!

The download is only $12 here in the States, and I'm okay with that, knowing most of that is going to the band. I'm glad I never got into collecting vinyl, it can get a little crazy.  The demo bonus tracks will get listened to once, but that's likely it. 
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

MMJCOBRA

Anyone know the pressing numbers on these?

Hennings

really wish there was a non-expanded, green edition.

walterfredo

I have the original collectors box set thing. Any reason why I need this?

Nikkogino

Quote from: walterfredo on Nov 05, 2022, 12:14 PMI have the original collectors box set thing. Any reason why I need this?
Different color and unreleased demos.  For me, the answer is no.

walterfredo

sweatboard

Quote from: rkwedge on Nov 02, 2022, 01:19 AMApparently there's a Circuital 3 album Deluxe Edition coming out.

OMG!!!!! This Is Amazing. Circuital is not mine or my wife's favorite on our own....but it's our favorite together for sure. It's very special to us. I remember when it first came out and the power went off in our house so we went and sat in our car in the driveway and listened front to back and sang along. This version of Circuital has me absolutely convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that this must be in our lives. Thanks yet aggggaaaaiiiinnnn MMJ.  <3
There's Still Time.........

sweatboard

I can't friggin wait to hear an alternate version of Victory Dance.

Where is the link where I give them my money and they give me priceless shit???

ranyart

Our first MMJ show was Circuital at Louisville Palace so it holds a special place for us too.  Black Metal was super fun with the backup singers on stage and we got to high five them on the way out which was the icing on the cake.  I'm not into the vinyl scene but the alternate takes sound fun.

sweatboard

Quote from: ranyart on Nov 07, 2022, 06:11 PMOur first MMJ show was Circuital at Louisville Palace so it holds a special place for us too.  Black Metal was super fun with the backup singers on stage and we got to high five them on the way out which was the icing on the cake.  I'm not into the vinyl scene but the alternate takes sound fun.

Nice!!! Yeah, Black Metal makes me wanna drive fast with the windows down This album is Honestly SO good..there is stuff on here like Wanna Fteak out that Flys so far under the radar...I mean, it seems to me like it could be a live staple for almost any band.  For MMJ it's like it's almost kinda been been tossed aside....there's just no way for them to fit it all in. Fortunately, I can always go back and spin the whole LP. I can't friggin wait to hear what ends up on this

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: sweatboard on Nov 08, 2022, 06:11 AM
Quote from: ranyart on Nov 07, 2022, 06:11 PMOur first MMJ show was Circuital at Louisville Palace so it holds a special place for us too.  Black Metal was super fun with the backup singers on stage and we got to high five them on the way out which was the icing on the cake.  I'm not into the vinyl scene but the alternate takes sound fun.

Nice!!! Yeah, Black Metal makes me wanna drive fast with the windows down This album is Honestly SO good..there is stuff on here like Wanna Fteak out that Flys so far under the radar...I mean, it seems to me like it could be a live staple for almost any band.  For MMJ it's like it's almost kinda been been tossed aside....there's just no way for them to fit it all in. Fortunately, I can always go back and spin the whole LP. I can't friggin wait to hear what ends up on this
Agree on You Wanna Freak Out. One of my favorites and waaaay underrated. Think it would make a really sweet opener.

And @sweatboard, it's great to see you on the boards. We hung out in Louisville in 08 at the waterfront show.

Nikkogino

It's crazy that MMJ is one of my favorite bands of all time, but this album is the one that I sleep on.  Although it has great moments, I think some of the songs (Freak Out, First Light, Outta My System) are duds (by MMJ standards) and the sequencing is weird.  Like why end a record with two slow songs (although those two songs are my favorites on the album)?  Maybe one day it'll all click for me, but it easily sits at the bottom of my rankings.  I'm always open to new demos and unheard MMJ, but strange how it gets a deluxe before Z, which is their most critically acclaimed album.  I would kill for a Z deluxe with all the b-sides (Chills, How Could I Know, Where to Begin, etc.).  Maybe they are waiting until 2025?

sweatboard

Quote from: MMJCOBRA on Nov 08, 2022, 07:55 PM
Quote from: sweatboard on Nov 08, 2022, 06:11 AM

Agree on You Wanna Freak Out. One of my favorites and waaaay underrated. Think it would make a really sweet opener.

And @sweatboard, it's great to see you on the boards. We hung out in Louisville in 08 at the waterfront show.

Sweet! Was that when sound check got canceled and the came out to the bridge and played Wonderful?

sweatboard

Quote from: Nikkogino on Nov 09, 2022, 09:00 AMIt's crazy that MMJ is one of my favorite bands of all time, but this album is the one that I sleep on.  Although it has great moments, I think some of the songs (Freak Out, First Light, Outta My System) are duds (by MMJ standards) and the sequencing is weird.  Like why end a record with two slow songs (although those two songs are my favorites on the album)?  Maybe one day it'll all click for me, but it easily sits at the bottom of my rankings.  I'm always open to new demos and unheard MMJ, but strange how it gets a deluxe before Z, which is their most critically acclaimed album.  I would kill for a Z deluxe with all the b-sides (Chills, How Could I Know, Where to Begin, etc.).  Maybe they are waiting until 2025?

I'll buy Anything Z Related. O passed on the purple vinyl reissue but it wasn't cause I didn't REALLY want it.   Looks So Sweet!!  Those 3 that didn't make the cut are amazing songs. The copy of Z I got has Chills on it which is really nice. A little come down to end with after the overwhelming last somg. :)

Lucius

Quote from: Nikkogino on Nov 09, 2022, 09:00 AMIt's crazy that MMJ is one of my favorite bands of all time, but this album is the one that I sleep on.  Although it has great moments, I think some of the songs (Freak Out, First Light, Outta My System) are duds (by MMJ standards) and the sequencing is weird.  Like why end a record with two slow songs (although those two songs are my favorites on the album)?  Maybe one day it'll all click for me, but it easily sits at the bottom of my rankings.  I'm always open to new demos and unheard MMJ, but strange how it gets a deluxe before Z, which is their most critically acclaimed album.  I would kill for a Z deluxe with all the b-sides (Chills, How Could I Know, Where to Begin, etc.).  Maybe they are waiting until 2025?

the First Light from Red Rocks 2019 is one of my favourite live jacket things to listen to. That mini jam at the end with the sax action :cheesy: That song can really slam live. Trouble is now that when I go back to the studio version... it is indeed a dud! :grin:

Went in and gave the bonus stuff a listen today. Streamed while I was travelling. I like having these little glimpses into their "process" but I in no way feel compelled to buy a physical copy of this! Even if the vinyls be pretty
it wouldn't be a party without you