MP3 Music Library Program

Started by Jackets N Pones, Dec 20, 2022, 03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackets N Pones

What do y'all use for MP3 music storage now that iTunes is gone? For example when you buy an MMJ record and get the MP3 download code, what program do you save it to to store it to play later? Thanks in advance  :headphones:  <3
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

sillyboob

I'm using iTunes on my desktop PC still.  What do you mean by "now that iTunes is gone"?
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

ChiefOKONO

iTunes for windows is a crappy program for sure.  Hopefully that improves when they port over the Music program over to PC.

iTunes on mac is probably still ok.

I heard that media monkey is not bad.  I tend to just use the built in Groove Music program in windows though.

sillyboob

I imagine I'll still be using some sort of iTunes / Apple Music since I'm using an iPhone.  I wonder if my playlists will migrate over from iTunes to Apple Music?

ChiefOKONO

Playlists should migrate, I imagine.

sillyboob

Yeah, I did a quick search and I saw where playlists would migrate over to Apple Music.  I'm thinking it won't be too big of a change.

Jackets N Pones

So records usually include a MP3 download, for example the recent MMJ live albums include them. I'm able to play them in iTunes when I download them, but later when I go back to iTunes to play it, it says that the file is not found. I have a PC, so that might be why. It's just frustrating because I'd like to be able to save the digital version to my iTunes library, but I feel like actual iTunes libraries no longer exist and it is all just "apple music." Didn't know if there was another program like the old iTunes that you guys use for MP3 storage. I will check out Groove Music for sure. Thanks!
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

sillyboob

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Jan 06, 2023, 06:56 PMSo records usually include a MP3 download, for example the recent MMJ live albums include them. I'm able to play them in iTunes when I download them, but later when I go back to iTunes to play it, it says that the file is not found. I have a PC, so that might be why. It's just frustrating because I'd like to be able to save the digital version to my iTunes library, but I feel like actual iTunes libraries no longer exist and it is all just "apple music." Didn't know if there was another program like the old iTunes that you guys use for MP3 storage. I will check out Groove Music for sure. Thanks!

I've spent many hours managing my electronic music in iTunes.  If you have any questions, I can probably help you out.  Message me if you have any issues.

ranyart

We use YouTube Music for our music storage and streaming and it works great.  Any sort of music that falls into our hands, like archive.org shows or ripped CDs that aren't already available on YT Music, are easily uploaded to this service.  Sometimes the music source needs to have some edits done to song titles and other album info so I picked a random metadata editor to take care of that when needed prior to uploading to YTM.

sillyboob

Quote from: ranyart on Feb 21, 2023, 08:54 AMWe use YouTube Music for our music storage and streaming and it works great.  Any sort of music that falls into our hands, like archive.org shows or ripped CDs that aren't already available on YT Music, are easily uploaded to this service.  Sometimes the music source needs to have some edits done to song titles and other album info so I picked a random metadata editor to take care of that when needed prior to uploading to YTM.

Interesting.  You can upload your own music with YouTube Music?  Is there a cost for this?  Would this be an online backup for those files (a side benefit, not the main use)?

ranyart

Quote from: sillyboob on Feb 21, 2023, 10:18 AM
Quote from: ranyart on Feb 21, 2023, 08:54 AMWe use YouTube Music for our music storage and streaming and it works great.  Any sort of music that falls into our hands, like archive.org shows or ripped CDs that aren't already available on YT Music, are easily uploaded to this service.  Sometimes the music source needs to have some edits done to song titles and other album info so I picked a random metadata editor to take care of that when needed prior to uploading to YTM.

Interesting.  You can upload your own music with YouTube Music?  Is there a cost for this?  Would this be an online backup for those files (a side benefit, not the main use)?

Yes, you can upload whatever music you want to YouTube Music at no cost, and it works great.  Typically this turns into a four step process for what we do - download/rip whatever music you want like MMJ shows from archive.org, fix up song and album titles if needed, upload to YTM, and then for portable offline playing download songs and albums to your favorite device.  You can also download previously uploaded "personal" media back to your local storage, so yes YTM can be used for backup music storage purposes.

sillyboob

Quote from: ranyart on Feb 21, 2023, 04:39 PM
Quote from: sillyboob on Feb 21, 2023, 10:18 AM

Yes, you can upload whatever music you want to YouTube Music at no cost, and it works great.  Typically this turns into a four step process for what we do - download/rip whatever music you want like MMJ shows from archive.org, fix up song and album titles if needed, upload to YTM, and then for portable offline playing download songs and albums to your favorite device.  You can also download previously uploaded "personal" media back to your local storage, so yes YTM can be used for backup music storage purposes.

Interesting.  Thanks for the info.  Appreciate it.