Which albums are you looking forward to in 2023?

Started by ChiefOKONO, Jan 04, 2023, 12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiefOKONO

Fingers crossed for new MMJ!

Also, hoping that Billy Strings releases another one!

Cameron

ChiefOKONO

Lucius

Blondie - album 12 (rumoured to be their last!) due out in the spring.

Lucius - they've been teasing this since their last album dropped so I presume it's coming soon. They released a "surprise" single not long ago so maybe we'll get more of that in the next few months. Fingers crossed for some new European dates after last years tour was cancelled!

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Cool It Down is great but 8 songs? Come on! I can't help but hope that there's a surprise part 2 type album in the pipeline. There's nothing anywhere to suggest this but that record only made my appetite for new YYY stuff bigger!

Ladyhawke - Again, nothing confirmed but she has recently posted studio related pictures. It seems too soon as she usually has long waits between albums but who knows!

Peaches - She's been working on her "best album yet" since around 2019 lol. Maybe we'll finally get that this year!

LCD Soundsystem - Have been "slowly" working in the studio in-between their mini residencies.

Band of Skulls - Now down to just one original member. They're in the studio as we speak. Hoping for a big rebirth with these guys as their last album sounded a little tired and the acoustic album last year was... a choice. Their recent collaborations with Defcon Lawless have been an interesting new direction. I'd like to see more of that!

Lana Del Rey - Even when the music itself is lacking (last album was so dull) her writing is always incredible. She does seem to be working with some new producers on this album which could shake things up a bit.

Beth Ditto / Gossip - Not sure if she's going solo again or if Gossip have regrouped but Beth was definitely in the studio a lot last year working on something!
it wouldn't be a party without you

Pineapple

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Jan 04, 2023, 12:17 PMFingers crossed for new MMJ!

MMJ Live Vol. 3 is set to be released sometime in the summer.
Regarding a new studio album- Tom told me that while they had a successful studio session in November, and have more time booked later this month, they are taking their time, with no deadlines to hit or release date planned (yet).
If you don't know yourself, how could you ever know me?

Cameron

Isbell has one finished already. I hope it rocks a bit more than the last couple.

ChiefOKONO

Excellent news!!  Thanks Pineapple!

I agree, I hope Isbell's rocks more too!

Quote from: Pineapple on Jan 09, 2023, 02:10 PM
Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Jan 04, 2023, 12:17 PMFingers crossed for new MMJ!

MMJ Live Vol. 3 is set to be released sometime in the summer.
Regarding a new studio album- Tom told me that while they had a successful studio session in November, and have more time booked later this month, they are taking their time, with no deadlines to hit or release date planned (yet).

sillyboob

Seems The National have something afoot for tomorrow, might be a new single.  Curious to hear what their new album is going to be like.

Also looking forward to The Cure's new album Songs Of A Lost World, with the songs previewed on the recent tour sounding like a return to the Disintegration sound with long epic sad songs.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Cameron

The Nude Party should have one out soon.

Announced today for 3/10 release.

sillyboob

Quote from: Cameron on Jan 12, 2023, 05:50 PMThe Nude Party should have one out soon.

Good to hear.  They're a fun band.

sweatboard

THE CURE!

Come On Robert....Enough Is Enough..... I'm setting someone up Big Time. :bath:
There's Still Time.........

sillyboob

Quote from: sweatboard on Jan 15, 2023, 12:33 AMTHE CURE!

Come On Robert....Enough Is Enough..... I'm setting someone up Big Time. :bath:

I just did a youtube to mp3 rip of the new album songs from the tour last year.  They sound great live.  Been forever since 4.13 Dream (oh to hear Underneath The Stars live again), it's time for sure!