The Tennessee Fire is the best MMJ album

Started by ycartrob, Dec 17, 2006, 12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

I have listened to The Tennessee Fire a lot recently and have concluded that this is their best release. it's simply haunting... [smiley=shocked.gif]

Tree

word.

My favorite MMJalbum.
heartbreakin man, they ran, the bear, by my car, i will be there when you die and nachville to kentucky!!!!!!!!!!!! I´d like to hear the album with a better production. That´d be interesting.

ycartrob

QuoteI´d like to hear the album with a better production. That´d be interesting.

I suggested that once and some people thought it was blasphemous.

aMD

Quoteword.

I´d like to hear the album with a better production. That´d be interesting.

Me, too. But not so much for better production but because those songs have evolved so much since they were originally recorded.  War Begun and Picture of You in particular are about half complete in the TF album.

This is a great album though, especially for a debut.  It's difficult to say which album is the best, so I won't.

tbone

QuoteI have listened to The Tennessee Fire a lot recently and have concluded that this is their best release. it's simply haunting... [smiley=shocked.gif]

absolutely!!!

it is their best record - BY FAR!!!

1.  Tennessee Fire
2.  Z
3.  It still moves
4.  At Dawn

:)

megisnotreal

QuoteI have listened to The Tennessee Fire a lot recently and have concluded that this is their best release. it's simply haunting... [smiley=shocked.gif]

make up your mind, tracy.

geez.  ;)

tenn

Paradise Theatre IS the best STYX album ever
:-?

tenn

Kory

Tracy, you're so controversial... it's great!
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.
Also, [url="http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com"]http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com[/url]

ratsprayer

TTF is by far the least best album by MMJ.  

i can't understand why so many people like it.  i don't mind simple, poor, sloppy production, but the production on this album bothers me.

ycartrob

QuoteParadise Theatre IS the best STYX album ever

Got to go with Pieces of Eight

brkndwnbus

I can see putting TTF number one sometimes, although At Dawn remains at one far more frequently in my heart. Some say they can't see how TTF is high, I can't see how people place Z as number one. I know it all falls into personal opinion, and putting Z up against most other band's records is a no brainer for me, but when I am only in the mood for some Jacket-- I typically only play "Lay Low," 'Anytime," "Dondate," and 'off the record" from Z. But I can play TTF all the way through every time I put it on.

peanut butter puddin surprise

No freakin' way...The Grand Illusion is the only essential Styx album.  If you don't play "Come Sail Away", it's their most complete record, IMHO.

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

ycartrob

No freakin' way...The Grand Illusion is the only essential Styx album.  If you don't play "Come Sail Away", it's their most complete record, IMHO.

Come Sail Away was me a my girlfriend's song in 10th grade.

BH

Come Sail Away was me a my girlfriend's song in 10th grade.

I just wanted to see how many quote windows I could get on one post.  It's like an Atari space warp or something.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Come Sail Away still sucks.  Like most Dennis DeYoung written songs.

Mr. Roboto, though...that's a horse of a different color.  ;)

tenn

I've been thinking about it and I believe that ' Crystal Ball ' is their most definitve work.

Chico

I just moved my styx albums from the record crate in the living area into a box hidden away in a closet.

I've been thinking about it and I believe that ' Crystal Ball ' is their most definitve work.

I had not thought about Styx at all for like, forever...but "Suite Madame Blue" from Equinox is one kick ass fuckin' song.  I'm gonna have some weird ass acid flashback dreams tonight... ;)

I just moved my styx albums from the record crate in the living area into a box hidden away in a closet.

Can I have them?  :)