The Tennessee Fire is the best MMJ album

Started by ycartrob, Dec 17, 2006, 12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chico

QuoteParadise Theatre IS the best STYX album ever
:-?
I just moved my styx albums from the record crate in the living area into a box hidden away in a closet.

Can I have them?  :)
Heck no!  I may be embarrassed to own them, but I still like to rock out to "Mr. Roboto" once every 3-4 years.  ;-)

Cool!  I get to Atari time warp too!

ImagesAndSound

I would have to go with Acoustic Citcouca. Or however it is spelled.

The Tennessee fire is also amazing.
Werner Herzog is God.

sweatboard

If Romeo and Juliet = The Bible

Then

West Side Story = "The Tn Fire"

And

"At Dawn" = West Side Story
There's Still Time.........

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

peanut butter puddin surprise

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

fitzcarraldo

QuoteIf Romeo and Juliet = The Bible

Then

West Side Story = "The Tn Fire"

And

"At Dawn" = West Side Story

I like this theory.  :D

Mr. T.

I look upon TTF as the Old Testament,

and the rest is history...
We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

Chico

QuoteI look upon TTF as the Old Testament,

and the rest is history...
Yeah, nobody really pays much attention to that part of the Bible anymore...  

Nobody can enter the kingdom of Jacket except through "At Dawn" anyways.  (Z may be an exception?)

tomEisenbraun

i kind of see At Dawn as the whole "in the beginning" with all this awesomeness being brought forth out of nothing. and then TTF ends with "I Think I'm Going To Hell" which Jim described as pretty much the apocolypse, which would make it Revelation. I would propose ISM as the Gospel, seeing as that is the moment the entire catalog pivots on. No matter what anyone thinks of that album, it was absolutely necessary to get them from one place to the next.

And Z? I would consider Z to be maybe the Psalms? A testament to the strength of the Jacket?

Is this getting blasphemous yet?

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

ycartrob

The Tennessee Fire

At Dawn

It Still Moves

Z

Okonokos

megisnotreal

MMJ_fanatic

Tracy seems to have an issue with sticking by an opinion... ::)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

peanut butter puddin surprise

Okonokos

plus

AHA! The bowler hat makes a comeback!  :) :)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Nikkogino

I'm really hoping one of the live volumes is a full TTF show.  I personally love the Capitol Theatre show...to have that on vinyl would be magical and would be my favorite mmj release.

CountSA

Quote from: Nikkogino on Oct 29, 2021, 07:40 AMI'm really hoping one of the live volumes is a full TTF show.  I personally love the Capitol Theatre show...to have that on vinyl would be magical and would be my favorite mmj release.

That Capitol Theatre show was truly magical and one of my favorite concerts ever.

Nikkogino

Quote from: CountSA on Oct 29, 2021, 09:52 AM
Quote from: Nikkogino on Oct 29, 2021, 07:40 AMI'm really hoping one of the live volumes is a full TTF show.  I personally love the Capitol Theatre show...to have that on vinyl would be magical and would be my favorite mmj release.

That Capitol Theatre show was truly magical and one of my favorite concerts ever.
It is the complete version of TTF for me...with Weeks Go By Like Days in the mix which is one of my favorite MMJ songs.

MOWJO8185

Man... they really missed the chance to release each night of the Terminal 5 run alongside the 20 year anniversary rerelease of each album, didn't they?

Nikkogino

Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Oct 29, 2021, 03:41 PMMan... they really missed the chance to release each night of the Terminal 5 run alongside the 20 year anniversary rerelease of each album, didn't they?
I know I shouldn't complain because live volume 1 was cool, but I want a live TTF / At Dawn release.

RobRoy286

It's so great to have the OBH4 recordings, but yeah, the 2019 TF show at the Cap is on a whole other level. Would love to get a soundboard recording of that. I want them to keep playing Tonite I Wanna Celebrate w/ You with that guitar solo at the end! One of my favorite Jim solos ever honestly.

Lucius

The TTF anniversary show taping from 2019 is definitely one of my favourite ever slices of the band but I still can't really get into the album itself. I love what many of the songs have become live, I'd love studio recordings or a proper live album consisting of those!

To me, their greatest strength is on stage. 
it wouldn't be a party without you