Okonokos!  Vinyl!

Started by Nikkogino, Jan 28, 2007, 09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikkogino

Just got my 4 record box.....amazing!  

Anyone have any problems with skipping?  Mine skips during the first verse of "O"....which sucks.

.Walt

how much did that run you?
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Kory

twas 32.99 at earxtacy this evening. I don't know if they're hard to come by anymore but they had 4 copies...

I've had mine since it came out and have yet to sit and enjoy it from start to finish... bad me!
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.
Also, [url="http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com"]http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com[/url]

sweatboard

I enjoyed mine start to finish and there was no skipping.  I would dust the record off real good and if it still skips, I would send it back.  You don't want to live with that.
There's Still Time.........

Nikkogino

I got mine from Badman...they have them back in stock.  Get to ordering people.

ms. yvon

QuoteJust got my 4 record box.....amazing!  
four?!

do you mean 4 sides, or is this something different than the 2 lp version?   :-?
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

EAZYE

No, it comes on 4 lp's ;D
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

ms. yvon

this is how one learns that she mistakenly ordered another 2-cd copy of okonokos, and not the lp set she thought she was buying.

sigh.   :P
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

EAZYE

Quotethis is how one learns that she mistakenly ordered another 2-cd copy of okonokos, and not the lp set she thought she was buying.

sigh.   :P

Sorry, didn't mean to be the bearer of bad news :(
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

ms. yvon

dude, if i'm gonna pull such a rookie move, i can at least share it publicly.   ;D

i'm just gonna go listen to that download of 'strangulation' again...

MMJ_fanatic

I am keeping mine shrikwrapped for now so I have no idea if there are skips.  But my experience with Badman indicates that they put out a quality product.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

ellisintransit

I've had no problem with skippage.  It's a damn fine album too.  I think I listen to the records more than I watch the DVD.

jeffro79

anyone else notice the crazy pic of tommy and jim on the sleeve for the 4th record. its great tommy is totally cheesin' and jim is wearing a hat that it appears he stole from the skipper, tight white pants, a dust mask, and leather gloves. its good stuff and i couldnt find it in the cd liner notes, so it must be vinyl exclusive. also does anyone know where i can find the bonus tracks from the 4th record for download?
i kinda think right now is a pretty good time to just sit down and sing people some mother-fuckin songs

the_wizzard

I have no skips on mine, and i agree on going to the source, badman records.  i live in Portland and they hand delivered my copy about 2 weeks ago.  love.

.Walt

does anyone know if Chocolate and Ice is on vinyl? i have a buddy that dj's, and i would love for him to spin with cobra. i'm pretty sure that'd it get the party started.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

ellisintransit

Quoteanyone else notice the crazy pic of tommy and jim on the sleeve for the 4th record. its great tommy is totally cheesin' and jim is wearing a hat that it appears he stole from the skipper, tight white pants, a dust mask, and leather gloves. its good stuff and i couldnt find it in the cd liner notes, so it must be vinyl exclusive.

One of my favorite parts of getting MMJ vinyl is finding the hidden goodies.  It seems like they mess with the liner notes a little in most of the albums.  That picture was one of the first things I noticed when looking through the different sleeves.  I'm pretty sure that particular picture is in the photo gallery on the dvd as well.

watchtower41

this lp boxset is by far my favorite piece of mmj music that I own.  The sound is fantastic.  

rob

Can someone who has Okonokos on vinyl check the credits and see if Bob Ludwig is also the mastering engineer for the LPs? I know he did the CDs. Someone is asking on another forum. Thanks!
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

the_wizzard

QuoteCan someone who has Okonokos on vinyl check the credits and see if Bob Ludwig is also the mastering engineer for the LPs? I know he did the CDs. Someone is asking on another forum. Thanks!
Yes!  you are correct sir!