MONT DE SUNDUA

Started by admin, Mar 16, 2007, 03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzcarraldo

I need to pick this up. The songs on the myspaces page RAWK!  

Funny about the shipping vs. gas price Chico.  Unfu*c&ing believable.

bethofftherecord

i've been listening to the CD for 3 days and i love it. my poor husband was like....can we listen to a different CD.  I was like, ah, NO. he's so understanding.
nothing can be changed except ourselves

Magnix

Quotehttp://www.earx-tacy.com/ sells it on-line too. worldwide shipping.
That's good news, because they did not ship outside the US, Canada and Mexico for a long time (not even after asking very polite, they simply refused)!

BUT ... I just tried to order, but there's no possibilty to choose another country than (again) the US, Canada and Mexico!

Anyhow. newburycomics.com is working (and it's cheaper, one dollar for the disc and two for shipping ;-) ).

ManNamedTruth

Recieved mine in the mail today from Ear X-tacy! In the shipping instructions I put "please feel free to throw in any freebies, anything you have laying around" and I got six sampler cds! So thanks to whoever packed my order, if by chance you ever read this.
cd's are the following
John Butler Trio: Funky Tonight (4 songs)
Kristin Hersh (3 songs)
The Bravery (2 songs)
JJ Grey & Mofro: Country Ghetto (full album, 12 songs)
The Cat Empire (EP, 6 songs and 3 videos)
Dangerbird Records sampler (8 songs, Silversun Pickups are the only band I'm familiar with on here)
I haven't heard most of these bands so I'm looking forward to this.

The Mont De Sundua disc is pretty damn good so far.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ManNamedTruth

QuoteRecieved mine in the mail today from Ear X-tacy! In the shipping instructions I put "please feel free to throw in any freebies, anything you have laying around" and I got six sampler cds! So thanks to whoever packed my order, if by chance you ever read this.
cd's are the following
John Butler Trio: Funky Tonight (4 songs)
Kristin Hersh (3 songs)
The Bravery (2 songs)
JJ Grey & Mofro: Country Ghetto (full album, 12 songs)
The Cat Empire (EP, 6 songs and 3 videos)
Dangerbird Records sampler (8 songs, Silversun Pickups are the only band I'm familiar with on here)
I haven't heard most of these bands so I'm looking forward to this.

The Mont De Sundua disc is pretty damn good so far.
I'm really digging JJ grey & Mofro. Haven't gotten to the others yet.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

realdeal

Does anyone know if Aaron Todovich was involved in any of these recordings. I would assume he was. But no where was his name listed in the album.  

aMD

nope. they are post-aaron

Tree

newburycomics doesn´t accept paypal... >:(

coloradan

I must say that I'm really diggin' this album.  The vocals aren't really strong, but the whole album has a cool heavy vibe going on that is really awesome.  I'd definately recommend picking it up at a local store or ordering it directly from darla records (like I did).  
AKA "nectardan"

AlwxanderD10

Cool its been two years since the last post!!! :D... I lost my copy when my computer crashed  :'(

Love Dogg

QuoteCool its been two years since the last post!!! :D... I lost my copy when my computer crashed  :'(

They have it at Ear X-tacy.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Willard1979

Just ordered it from Amazon for less than 6 bucks shipped! :-)

Willard1979

Just got the disc today. After skimming through the tracks, one immeduiately caught   my attention. Dynamite Explosion! Ive got it on repeat. I think itll take a few listens for the rest to sink in, but I have a good feeling im gonna enjoy this :-)

sillyboob

Quote from: jefferoo on May 16, 2007, 10:45 PMMonth Of Sundays is a waaay cooler band name.
I remember when I saw an interview w/ JJ when he mentioned that was the name of his old band and I thought it was the coolest band name, ever.
Why is it Mont De Sundua, instead?

Anyone?

I'm so excited, though!
This is some reat news!

So I'm curious if anyone knows where the name 'Month Of Sundays' came from.  I know it's a somewhat common phrase, but I'm curious if maybe they plucked the name from the song 'I Am The Resurrection' by The Stone Roses (released in 1989).

Here are the lyrics I'm referencing:
I'd like to leave the country
For a month of Sundays
Burn the town where I was born
If only she'd believe me
Bellona belladonna
Burn me out or bring me home
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.