MONSTERS OF FOLK!!

Started by Shakeykneez, Jun 10, 2009, 11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

Awesome.

Great song titles.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

TGMC421

Man, a tracklisting already?

September can't come soon enough!!

The DARK

Nice! I wonder which ones are Jim-written...
In another time, in another place, in another face

Love Dogg

QuoteAwesome.
Great song titles.
QuoteNice! I wonder which ones are Jim-written...

I wonder too.  but you know this means Jim!

QuoteSome more info:

......All four members play every instrument on the album, supplying everything from drum fills to [highlight]cascading backing vocals[/highlight]. The songs – some road-worn fables, some intimate and intricate with electronic elements, some woozy and sun-soaked – are everything one might expect from these four musical minds collaborating together.

"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Mr._Nussbaum

QuoteI'm starting to wonder if he's officially changed his stage name to Yim Yames...

I hope so.

BH

Losin' Yo Head has got to be Jim right?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Sparkle

Sounds awesome, looking forward to this  :)

xmascriminal

Excellent. Can't wait. I'm kind of surprised not to see Wonderful (The Way I Feel) on that tracklist though.

capt. scotty

QuoteExcellent. Can't wait. I'm kind of surprised not to see Wonderful (The Way I Feel) on that tracklist though.

Is this 1 of those songs they wrote awhile ago or something and just didnt make the album cut?! I hate those!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Love Dogg

QuoteExcellent. Can't wait. I'm kind of surprised not to see Wonderful (The Way I Feel) on that tracklist though.

Is this 1 of those songs they wrote awhile ago or something and just didnt make the album cut?! I hate those!

Pretty much.  I thought it would make this album.  He played it at the Rudyard Kipling show, though!
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Ghosts_on_TV

I was suprised to not see wonderful on there as well. WHatever I guess.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

BH

I guess it's still possible that Wonderful (The Way I Feel) was a "working" title and maybe it has a new name but probably not.

Penny Lane

QuoteI guess it's still possible that Wonderful (The Way I Feel) was a "working" title and maybe it has a new name but probably not.

"ode to PennyLane" would be nice.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

BH

QuoteI guess it's still possible that Wonderful (The Way I Feel) was a "working" title and maybe it has a new name but probably not.

"ode to PennyLane" would be nice.

;D

Ghostess on TV

QuoteNice! I wonder which ones are Jim-written...

I know Man named truth is a conor song cause it's been played before, and I'm assuming Temazcal and THe Sandman, THe Brakeman and me is conor as well...

xmascriminal

The Sandman, The Brakeman and Me sounds like an M. Ward title to me. Who knows though.

capt. scotty

I figured that song would be one written by all of them  ;D

So how is this going to work exactly - is every song only written by one member with the other 2 doing guitar and backing vocals on every song, or are some songs going to be co-written and maybe they switch off on verses or harmonize or something, or somewhere in between???
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

AMightyCaporal

QuoteI figured that song would be one written by all of them  ;D

So how is this going to work exactly - is every song only written by one member with the other 2 doing guitar and backing vocals on every song, or are some songs going to be co-written and maybe they switch off on verses or harmonize or something, or somewhere in between???

only time will tell I suppose
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

Don Dante

QuoteThe Sandman, The Brakeman and Me sounds like an M. Ward title to me. Who knows though.

Conor had a song on his last Bright Eyes album called "If the Brakeman Turns My Way."  I think that's where Ghostless was comin' from.
Keep on dreamin' boy,
cuz when you stop dreamin'
it's time to die.

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteThe Sandman, The Brakeman and Me sounds like an M. Ward title to me. Who knows though.

Conor had a song on his last Bright Eyes album called "If the Brakeman Turns My Way."  I think that's where Ghostless was comin' from.

Actually, I posted that, I was on her account by accident. But yeah, that is where I was coming from.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...