MONSTERS OF FOLK!!

Started by Shakeykneez, Jun 10, 2009, 11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The DARK

QuoteThe Sandman, The Brakeman and Me sounds like an M. Ward title to me. Who knows though.

Conor had a song on his last Bright Eyes album called "If the Brakeman Turns My Way."  I think that's where Ghostless was comin' from.

Actually, I posted that, I was on her account by accident. But yeah, that is where I was coming from.

Of course, with the three names in the title, it might be a collaboration between all three.

Losin' Yo Head and Whole Lotta Losin' clearly sound like Jim titles though.
In another time, in another place, in another face

cmccubbin25

QuoteExcellent. Can't wait. I'm kind of surprised not to see Wonderful (The Way I Feel) on that tracklist though.

Is this 1 of those songs they wrote awhile ago or something and just didnt make the album cut?! I hate those!

Pretty much.  I thought it would make this album.  He played it at the Rudyard Kipling show, though!

i thought Jim said at the Rud show that he wrote that song after he got out of the hospital with the bout of pneumonia
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteExcellent. Can't wait. I'm kind of surprised not to see Wonderful (The Way I Feel) on that tracklist though.

Is this 1 of those songs they wrote awhile ago or something and just didnt make the album cut?! I hate those!

Pretty much.  I thought it would make this album.  He played it at the Rudyard Kipling show, though!

i thought Jim said at the Rud show that he wrote that song after he got out of the hospital with the bout of pneumonia

Correct. Most thought it would make this album though. I'm sure it was recorded for the Evil Urges sessions, but who knows when we'll hear it.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

rob

Not a Conor fan at all, but definitely looking forward to hearing this album.
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

BH

No offense to you in particular Rob but it's amazing how many people go out of their way to say they are not a Conor fan.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteNo offense to you in particular Rob but it's amazing how many people go out of their way to say they are not a Conor fan.

I agree. I've been a fan of his music for years now, and while I love it, I agree his earlier work can be polarizing. However, I popped in I'm wide awake, it's morning at work the other day for the first time in a while, and was reminded how truly amazing that album is. I don't really get how people can say he's not that good.

BH

You can sign up for a newsletter now at monstersoffolk.com and when you do they send you a MOF stencil on a pdf file for spraypainting MONSTERS OF FOLK all across your neighborhood.  ;D  This is gonna be so good.  I may have to quit my job to follow this tour across the country.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ALady

I'm really hoping they're added to Austin City Limits fest.  I have no reason to believe they will be (other than Preservation Hall is playing too and OMG wouldn't it be cool if Yim showed up to play with them?!?) but I just think it'd be awesome if they were added.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

TGMC421

QuoteI'm really hoping they're added to Austin City Limits fest.  I have no reason to believe they will be (other than Preservation Hall is playing too and OMG wouldn't it be cool if Yim showed up to play with them?!?) but I just think it'd be awesome if they were added.

I hear that Preservation Hall are regulars at the New Orleans Voodoo Fest, so what if he made a cameo to play there as well?

Here's to hoping!

bold99

QuoteNo offense to you in particular Rob but it's amazing how many people go out of their way to say they are not a Conor fan.

I agree. I've been a fan of his music for years now, and while I love it, I agree his earlier work can be polarizing. However, I popped in I'm wide awake, it's morning at work the other day for the first time in a while, and was reminded how truly amazing that album is. I don't really get how people can say he's not that good.

I'm going to go out of my way and say i'm not a Conor fan.   I wish this album was just Jim and M Ward..there I said it.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

Ruckus

QuoteSearch--where do you go to the Joisey Shore?

This is GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT...it's also right before our first BIG TEN FOOTBALL game of the season......RUCKUS-we are taking on the crying Illini------i think september is my favorite month......i can't wait to see MOF tour although i'd trade that and my kneecap for an MMJ tour.

Whoaaa!  Just spotted this off topic post! >:(

Guess it's not too early for low blows ehh ;)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Penny Lane

i pretty much love everything after 'lift your ear to the...' (whatever the name of that is)...those black and white albums released the same day....i mean who DOES that ? they are both so good, too...

he's mellowed out in his last couple albums.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Ruckus

I'm going to go out of my way and say i'm not a Conor fan.   I wish this album was just Jim and M Ward..there I said it.

Overall I'm not a big fan either.  However, I do agree that IWAIM is an absolute MASTERPIECE
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Penny Lane

This is GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT...it's also right before our first BIG TEN FOOTBALL game of the season......RUCKUS-we are taking on the crying Illini------i think september is my favorite month......i can't wait to see MOF tour although i'd trade that and my kneecap for an MMJ tour.

Whoaaa!  Just spotted this off topic post! >:(

Guess it's not too early for low blows ehh ;)

;D

searchinbig

Hey Penny,

Just spotted your question! Getting old sucks.
Anyway, we hit up Pt. Pleasant on occasion but our fav is Cape May. Damn it's beautiful down there and all the rowdies are gone after Labor Day. Have not been in a while. We should go back.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Penny Lane

Hey Penny,

Just spotted your question! Getting old sucks.
Anyway, we hit up Pt. Pleasant on occasion but our fav is Cape May. Damn it's beautiful down there and all the rowdies are gone after Labor Day. Have not been in a while. We should go back.

search-i haven't been yet this summer...but i usually go to Sea Girt, or Bay Head. I don't have a car so I'm at the mercy of my friends going and I don't wanna take the train. There are WAY too many Hobokenites at Pt Pleasant but I hear it's beautiful.

ChiefOKONO

Cannot wait for this!!! wooooooooooooo!!!!

MickeyReds

As long as you keep a straight face...

BH

That is an instant classic.

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteThat is an instant classic.

Pretty much.