MMJ Covers Compilation

Started by aMD, Jul 28, 2006, 10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aMD

Hey aMD, this one was played at the Randolph Street Festival June 18, 2005
http://www.archive.org/details/mmj2005-06-18
The version that I have has Tonight & Off the Record as one track. Hope this helps somehow  :)

I don't know how that one got past me!   I edited it in, but I used the version from bonaroo instead.

SpacedCowboy

This thing just got linked to from the expectingrain.com Bob Dylan site....  cool
and the pump don't work cause the vandal took the handle

CC

@ The End (Morrison)
?-?-00
Jim James solo

12-15-2000
4AD Club - Diksmuide, Belgium

CC

@ My Morphine (Rawlings/Welch)
?-?-00
Jim James solo

I remember that, not sure what show.
probably
12-13-2000 (Paradiso - Amsterdam, Holland)
or maybe maybe
12-15-2000 (4AD - Diksmuide, Belgium)

thebigbang

Quotenot a problem. This was a labor of love, I assure you.  

Many, many thanks. Superlative effort.  Amazed at how much can happen when one loses computer access for about 10 days.  Quite stunned actually when I saw this.

I can't download these  for at least a week and it will drive me nuts.  I didn't disappear from this endeavor intentionally.  While I was at my conference our IT manager decided to fix my ailing computer by reformatting the hard drive and reinstalling windows.  This did not fix the bum machine (it keeps losing packets, and all network cables, cards etc. have been diagnosed), and now the solution is to order in a new computer.

Meanwhile, I have only a 28.8 dial up at home and consequently don't usually even try to browse the web from home, much less download.  But I hope to get the whole list burned to CD so I can transport and back this up in case the PC croaks again.

Again, thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

BH

Couple quick bits:

You have Cripple Creek/Blue Moon linked twice.  Looks like it's the same song?

I have a solo Tyrone that is dated 3-15-2002 from Texas.  Not sure if it's the same one but I will let you know after I check.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

Could the Suspicious Minds be Aug 16th 2002 at the 9:30 club Washington DC?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

Solo Tyrone is definately from the Rubber Gloves in Denton, TX 3-15-02.  At least that is how mine is labeled and there was a show there on that day.  

marktwain

Very cool.  Thanks for the hard work.

aMD

QuoteCouple quick bits:

You have Cripple Creek/Blue Moon linked twice.  Looks like it's the same song?

I have a solo Tyrone that is dated 3-15-2002 from Texas.  Not sure if it's the same one but I will let you know after I check.

Thanks.  I editied in the info for Tyrone and Suspicious Minds.  I put the Cripple Creek/Blue Moon link on there twice on purpose so that I could list both songs.  Sorry if that's confusing, but it's two covers on one track and that was the best thing I could think to do.

BH

That is a good idea.  I hope I am not being annoying.  I just have spent a lot of time organizing these things for some CD's I am making so I just thought I would point out a few things.  I am having such a great time with all of these gems.  One other thing I figured out last night.  The other Tyrone is not actually a live song.  It is a crappy mono copy of the Early Recordings Track with the first minute or so chopped off the front end.  It should be deleted entirely.

Internet says Dark End of the Street was written by Percy Sledge.  I don't know if this is accurate or who that is but anyway...

dragonboy

QuoteInternet says Dark End of the Street was written by Percy Sledge.  I don't know if this is accurate or who that is but anyway...
Percy Sledge was one of the many artists to record Dark End Of The Street. It was written by Dan Penn & Chips Moman like aMD said.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

aMD

QuoteThat is a good idea.  I hope I am not being annoying.  I just have spent a lot of time organizing these things for some CD's I am making so I just thought I would point out a few things.  I am having such a great time with all of these gems.  One other thing I figured out last night.  The other Tyrone is not actually a live song.  It is a crappy mono copy of the Early Recordings Track with the first minute or so chopped off the front end.  It should be deleted entirely.

You're not being annoying, I want this thing to be as accurate as possible.  I thought they put a different version of Tyrone on Early Recordings. oops.  Well, I could probably find a better version anyway.  Thanks for pointing that out.

BH

I am finally starting to listen to some of these gems and I had a question.  I really like the version of Lionel Richie's Easy.  I am not that familiar with the original.  It seems like at the end of the song, it changes tempo and goes in to something else.  Is this still Easy?  Maybe I am crazy but I just thought I would ask if anybody else has listened to it yet or maybe there is a Richie Head out there somewhere that can help me out.

CC

QuoteI am finally starting to listen to some of these gems and I had a question.  I really like the version of Lionel Richie's Easy.  I am not that familiar with the original.  It seems like at the end of the song, it changes tempo and goes in to something else.  Is this still Easy?  Maybe I am crazy but I just thought I would ask if anybody else has listened to it yet or maybe there is a Richie Head out there somewhere that can help me out.

In the end it goes into 'No Expectations' from The Rolling Stones.

BH

Ahhhh yes, thanks Riny! :)

aMD

In the end it goes into 'No Expectations' from The Rolling Stones.

good work, I hadn't picked up on that.  I'll edit that into the list.

tomEisenbraun

woah! what the hell happened to every rose has its thorn? any explanation to that one?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

aMD

Quotewoah! what the hell happened to every rose has its thorn? any explanation to that one?

He only played the first verse.  I don't know why or what the story is but George Savage may know, I think he attended that one.

tomEisenbraun

nonono, i mean....click the link.

it's been deleted. same with how the gods kill. it says the note is: THIS FILE IS NOT TO BE SHARED!!!

any clue as to why?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.