Okonokos Project (Final Revised Version)

Started by Croweyes1121, Aug 07, 2008, 12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croweyes1121

Those who are interested in the details, just do a search for "Okonokos" over at demonoid.

YouAre_GivenToFly

Can't wait to grab this when I get home.

What a setlist!
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

Croweyes1121

Yeah, well, the inspiration for this was that there was no version of "Okonokos" that had all material from all releases.

iTunes version is missing:
Bermuda Highway
Dancefloors
Sooner
Strangulation
Where To Begin

CD version is missing:
Bermuda Highway
How Do You Know
Sooner
Stragulation
Where To Begin

Vinyl version is missing:
Bermuda Highway
How Do You Know

DVD version (even including Acoustic Chorale) is missing:
Dancefloors
How Do You Know

Not to mention the set list is in a different order on each release.  This just seemed silly to me, so the purpose was to create one seamless experience where EVERY track available was presented in one place and the order as closely representative of the original performance order as possible.

Dillsnufus

what about a mp3 version ? (or atleast of the songs not a the cd)
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Croweyes1121

Well, I was going after quality first on this.  All you'd have to do is either burn tracks 1-16 and 17-29 to two discs with a program like Nero using its FLAC plugin -or- just extract all the files to wav first with something like winamp and then burn from Nero without the plugin altogether.  Either way, they'll end up sounding a lot better than mp3's.  Just make sure you take out the two second gap between tracks and it'll be seamless.  If you don't care about that, though, IM me on AIM sometime at Croweyes1121 and I'll hook you up with an mp3 version.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=40305678

Croweyes1121

Heh, anyone *really* wants to say thanks for this, hook me up with two tickets to the 8/27 Atlanta show.  lol

Croweyes1121

As the torrent seems to be winding down a bit, if anyone still wants this but has been deterred by long download times, just hop on to AIM if you have it and IM me (at this same screen name) and I will be happy to send it to anyone directly who asks for it (first come, first served, obviously).

katkillad

Not going to lie...i bought both the dvd and the cd and I was severely disappointed when I noticed that I think I'm Going to Hell wasn't on the dvd...

I wanted to see how it was performed live!

fitzcarraldo

QuoteI Think I'm Going to Hell wasn't on the dvd...

Hey, you can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnwo6q7-URU

I love how the chandeliers look like little spaceships.  & How about that picture of Mr. Hallahan in the cd booklet. Whoa!  :)

Just sayin:      edit -  The Project.?  Is this like getting a free copy of Okonokos?  :-/  I spent a cool twenty spot on the cd, money well spent.     ya know,  the archive.org....

Kat - 'Hell' is part of a limited DVD 'Acoustic Chorale'  that came for free with the DVD.  

Croweyes1121

sean: Kat said specifically that "I Think I'm Going To Hell" wasn't on the DVD.  And it wasn't.  Yes, it's on "Acoustic Chorale", but that was (as you said yourself) a limited item and is a bit difficult to find now if you weren't lucky enough to grab one when Okonokos first came out...hence just one of the reasons I put this collection together in the first place.

And no, I would not consider this merely a way to get Okonokos for free.  As I explained in some of my earlier posts, I love this band dearly and I do not pirate their albums nor do I condone doing so.  If anyone wants Okonokos in its original album form, with the album track order and original editing employed as it was decided upon by the band and/or the record label, then they're going to have to get the CD for that.  On the other hand, show me a place where you can buy a collection of every track that's on every release of this album in all its various formats, re-edited together into something approaching how they were actually performed on November 11th and 12th, 2005 and I'll be happy to concede the point.  As it stands, though, I fail to see much of a distinction in something like this and a fan edit of a film (//fanedit.org).  So long as I'm putting something out there in a vastly different form than is available to buy, I don't feel that I'm taking anything away from my favourite band.

If it makes you feel any better, I own Okonokos on CD, on vinyl, and on DVD.  So just keep in mind that I have paid for the album as well...several times over.  In any case, if you paid for the CD and consider your money well spent, then what's the problem?   ::)

fitzcarraldo

Croweyes1121

Oh, I know...and I certainly didn't mean to argue, either.  Just kind of wanted to explain my rationale for sharing this because I don't want anyone thinking I'm advocating piracy.  Peace.  :-)

Kris

QuoteI Think I'm Going to Hell wasn't on the dvd...

Hey, you can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnwo6q7-URU

I love how the chandeliers look like little spaceships.  & How about that picture of Mr. Hallahan in the cd booklet. Whoa!  :)

Just sayin:      edit -  The Project.?  Is this like getting a free copy of Okonokos?  :-/  I spent a cool twenty spot on the cd, money well spent.     ya know,  the archive.org....

Kat - 'Hell' is part of a limited DVD 'Acoustic Chorale'  that came for free with the DVD.  

God.  I want that dvd.  I can't stop watching Strangulation.

Croweyes1121

Post a request on the forum here - someone will B & P it for you, I'm sure.  I would myself if I had any discs at present.

twofingers

Croweyes1121 was kind enough to let me post this over at The Steam Engine. It is seriously awesome.

//www.thesteamengine.blogspot.com
[url="//www.thesteamengine.net"]www.thesteamengine.net[/url]

maarten325

Thanks for this...i'm loving it all the way over here in Holland! ;D

BH

Maybe you could just post all of the songs that are not on the album?  
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Croweyes1121

There are a two reasons for that.

1. *Every* song in the project is available on the album (technically), but which ones you get is contingent upon which specific version of the album you choose to get.  If, for example, you have the retail DVD, the Acoustic Chorale DVD, and the iTunes version of the album, you have all of the songs.  The problem is, there is no *single* version of the album that has all of them together, and I have no way of knowing which version everyone has.

2. The whole point of this project, aside from collecting everything in one place, is to create a single, continuous concert out of all the tracks...and to have that concert play out more in line with the order these songs were actually performed.  This means that I have re-sequenced the entire track list from the ground up and re-edited everything to blend seamlessly from one track to the next.  This effect would be entirely lost if I just posted a few songs (even if I knew *which* songs to post, that is).

Bigsky

I have had this album since Croweyes1121 posted it...and for the last 6 months it has become my life's soundtrack. I listen to it at least once a day and I never get sick of it. I wish the boys would release another live album...

AMightyCaporal

true that... croweyes is the man.  I love listening to this!
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side