Jillian's Show

Started by otter, Apr 16, 2003, 02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

otter

I'm coming down from Michigan for the show, although I don't know who or if anyone is going to be using my second ticket. Is Jillian's downtown or on the skirts? Easy to find?
This will be my first show in their (and many of your)home town, and although they're opening for Dylan, I think A)A hometown show will probably be inspired for more reasons than one. And B) Maybe because it is their hometown, and the only show their opening for him...he'll offer them a little more time..how cool would it be if he actually came out and played harp for a song or two..I can't wait...hope you are all as excited as I am.

jezebel

I've got my ticket (and the requisite early flight to make sure i get there in plenty of time.) i think the talk is that there will likely be some pregame gathering before the jillian's show. so far, who all's going? i think jacksoncooper, danilove, and johnconaway had all mentioned having tickets before, plus i've got another crew going as well~~~suggestions?

btw, otter, we must warn you...it's full force derby festival time in the 'ville and it'll probably be MADNESS about. i am SO EXCITED!!! :D :D :D

jacksoncooper

I'll be there for sure.  I have my concert ticket and I don't need no stinkin' plane ticket ;)

The Outlook Inn might be a good spot for some pregame warmup drinking.  It's close, serves a good strong drink, and best of all: it isn't Jillians. If anyone is interested in meeting-up there before the show, let me know.

peanut butter puddin surprise

Hey Jackson-
I'm down with that!  What time do you suggest?
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

jacksoncooper

Well let's see.  The show's supposed to start around 8, with doors at 7. So I'd say meeting up at The Outlook around 6 would be best to allow for the consumption of several drinks.

Anyone else have suggestions?

That sounds peachy.

Hey Otter-
Jillian's is in downtown Louisville.
Very easy to find..are you driving down here?

Also, if you still have that second ticket... ;D
I'd love to make a deal with ya.

Let me know.

danilove

Sounds like a plan y'all. See you at the Outlook around 6pm or so...I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!! YAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! ;D
biggafunkychunkycookiescaryhairywookiemonkey

otter

I found the address for the Outlook Inn. I'll try to make it by six but it's a long haul. I'll more likely get there in time to introduce myself and have you all getting up to leave for the show.
John, I'm working on three different friends, hoping to get one to make this trip for company's sake. If no one comes with me, you can certainly have my other ticket...it will be a long 7.5 with no one in the passenger side...smiling...it's worth it.. can't wait to meet you all the Outlook Inn.

jezebel

ha ha ha...danilove, you sure you're up for the outlook??  :o

otter--just as a note...it's on the corner of the block and the actual signage is kind of hard to spot. if you're heading towards town (north) then turn left just before it and there's a parking lot on your immediate right behind it. i kind of get my bardstown road shuffled, so can any other louisvillians provide a solid landmark so that otter doesn't have to try to navigate and manage the nefarious traffic all at once? i imagine from michigan it'll be an I-65 to I-264 Watterson Expressway, Bardstown Road exit--?

as for the outlook...even though they're known for their bloody marys, i've never had a wimpy bourbon and coke there...and the bartenders have good taste in music so the overhead is usually nice. plus, we've always got the back room and the C & C Music Factory on the jukebox...

bonus: it's wednesday, and we'll probably be in time for happy hour. trouble, trouble, my pretties... ;D

Okay, got my tix...defintely goin' to this show!  :D

marktwain

Hells yeah, I'll be at the show, though I'm not sure I'll be able to make the Outlook.  

I'm kinda harboring this fantasy that Jim and Bob will duet.  My vote would be for "I shall be released"  What about y'all?

So, are we still on for the Outlook?  6:00 p.m.?  Cool.  

Just got the tix in the mail today...doors open at 7:00, so only three drinks at Outlook, eh?  ;)

I am so pumped for this.  Gonna have to call in sick or something the next day.....hmmmmmmmmmm

8)

danilove

Hell yeah it's on!!! The Outlook. 6pm. Be there or be square...That goes for you too Mark Twain! No 'xcuses!  ;)

BTW- If Jim and Bob did a diddy, I'd wanna hear "It's All Over Now Baby Blue"... or I bet they could tear up "Butch Cassidy"...high and low end harmonies...wow...that would be really glorious  ::)
biggafunkychunkycookiescaryhairywookiemonkey

Priscilla

Hey Otter, I could really use that other ticket.  Are you selling  it or just looking to find a good home for it?? :-

otter

I bought it hoping a friend might make the trip with me since it's a really long drive. He is 92% sure he is going to make it. If he doesn't, and John Conaway has since bought a ticket (I think), it would then become yours. Are you going to meet up with the others at the outlook before the show?

I have indeed bought tix for the show...

and I know someone who needs to relieve himself of two tix, if anyone is interested...he's asking face value, that's all...(no, it's not me) :o

jezebel

yeah, doors open at 7...i know i'll be there with whatever company a touch before 6. i got a copy of something jeffrey lee wrote in the Spurious-Journal about the upcoming show that seems to indicate there is privileged VIP area (for $75) that is "closer, less crowded." 'scuse me?!?

i also learned that there is another act, the Robert Randolph Family Band. I would assume they would go on first--? anybody know anything about them?

btw, any strategy for making sure we identify each other? i don't know how crowded the outlook happy hour gets, and i'd hate to think we'd miss each other on account of something like that. perhaps everyone should dress like pirates or maybe their favorite member of duran duran--?

I will be making a T-shirt that will definitely identify me.  You'll know who I am!  8)

otter

I'll wear a Michigan hat or T-shirt or something to identify myself as an out of state-er. And I'll be with a long hair, can't tell whether he's a hippie or a rocker. See you in a few days everyone....anyone herd any reviews on the tour's first few shows?

thebigbang

FYI . . . I went to Jillians and the staff told me the $75 tickets get you all the food you want to eat and ALL THE BEER YOU CAN STAND TO DRINK in the "VIP tent" plus a seat at a table close to the stage.

Supposedly 500 VIP tickets were going to be sold, and I think she said the outdoor venue (their parking lot) could hold 7,200 people.

The VIP tix had to be purchased directly from Jillians and not Ticketmonster. I received mine in the mail two days ago. I'm a light drinker but a heavy eater.  Or is it the other way around???  I'll try to get my money's worth.

Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway