Main Menu

Chicago Show

Started by danilove, May 17, 2003, 09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danilove

What a shame if you weren't in Chicago on Thursday night...It was so unfucking believable - I've gone dyslexic! MMJ gets better and better and never ceases to outdo themselves! I mean WOW!!! And the Metro was awesome; the boys had a huge stage to run back and forth on, which they did, and the sound was great, and the crowd was great...So, this email only echos everyone's experience but dude...

Me and eight friends tripped down for the show, though most all of my friends had never absorbed any MMJ (they'd only heard me go on and on about the band). Needless to say, I was afraid I may have over-hyped 'em.

Well, I should've know better; MMJ still blew them all away.  ;) In fact, my friend Andy told me afterward, "Before the show, I was totally prepared to lie and tell you they were great regardless, but they really, really were!" The really cool thing...Andy and my other friend (Laura) enjoyed the Chicago show so much that they went with me to Milwaukee again lastnight (along with a second batch 9 folks). Now they have all been infected and it's all my fault. ::)
biggafunkychunkycookiescaryhairywookiemonkey

CC

metro pix added to the gallery...

samorama

I hadn't seem 'em since they opened for GBV back at the Metro last year, and that was an okay show, but this show just freaked me out and convinced me that they are the saviors of rocknroll (or something like that...)

cr8on

Howdy.  Never been on the board before but I've checked it out.  Anyway, me and a friend of mine taped the Chicago show and I'd be more than happy to get it out to a couple people.  I have the source information if your into it.  It's two cd's.    The first 5 to send me emails with their address's gets it for free.  Please spread it throughout the community once you get it.

Eric Creighton  cr8on77 @ yahoo.com

Disc 1:
01. Dance Floors
02. Lowdown
03. The Dark
04. One Big Holiday
05. I Will Sing You Songs
06. The Bear
07. Eveyln Is Not Real
08. There's Just One Thing
09. Heartbreakin Man
10. The Way That He Sings
11. Mahgeetah
12. Steam Engine

Disc 2:
Encore:
01. At Dawn *
02. Bermuda Highway *
03. Sooner *
04. Everybody's Talkin' * (Fred Neil cover)
05. O Is the One That Is Real
06. Phone Went West

*Jim James solo

peanut butter puddin surprise

dude!  I've gotta put that on the FTP server...

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Jamie Syrek

This show is now a BitTorrent session at www.digitalpanic.org.  If you have high speed connection, a burner, and understand what to do with SHN files head there and start downloading.
The BitTorrent will be running until 6/4/2003
Enjoy!
jamie