Radio City Music Hall - NYC 6/20

Started by admin, Jan 15, 2008, 10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsk1122

Does the presale usually offer better seats than the public sale?
Thanks.

Ghosts_on_TV

So Harp says the album is coming out on June 10th.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

cmccubbin@work

If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

jefferoo

I'm going. I also live in NYC.
Does anyone know if there is a pre-sale password?
When I saw Morrissey we had to know a password to get tix early.
[url="//www.mimiandflo.com"]www.mimiandflo.com[/url]

joey_rogo

excitement overload here....

see ya guys in NYC 8-)

jeffro79

I'm there! Now I gotta figure out who my wingman/women is gonna be for the trip.
i kinda think right now is a pretty good time to just sit down and sing people some mother-fuckin songs

Taterbug

Daggumit,   my brother is getting married that weekend in Florida,   :'(.   I'm out.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

thebigbang

Please pardon my ignorance about this, but  I have had terrible bad luck getting good seats online in the past.  If we use this link to musictoday.com at 10:00 on Friday with credit card in hand, do we need to have specific seats to request or will the closest/best seats be default by your place in the queue?

I've already downloaded the pdf of their seating chart if that will be necessary. It is a long, long trip and I sure would like to improve my chances to get a decent seat.

Anyone with some tips for getting good seats for this?
Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

JacketGal

QuoteDaggumit,   my brother is getting married that weekend in Florida,   :'(.   I'm out.
Tell him to have the reception at Radio City Music Hall or the rehearsal dinner....sorry to hear it Taterbug. I'm sure this means big tour to follow!
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

pawpaw

AHHH, this is so exciting! So, I wanted to see how my wife would react to this show. It very well could've been dismissed as another frivolous music adventure. Actual email exchange this morning:

From me to her:  Check out the attached: http://www.mymorningjacket.com/ How awesome would it be to see that?!

Her response back: How funny! I was really in the mood for my Morning Jacket this morning and was listening to them throughout my workout --- you know, if you download the expedia fare-tracker and find a good fare to go to that show, I'll go with you – it would be a quick weekend jaunt – would you want to do that at all?

YES!!!! What a great woman! Now I'm wondering how many tickets are going to be released through the presale. I imagine that the numbers will be low, and the demand pretty high.

"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Penny Lane

wow--i can't wait. been waiting soooo long to see them again. if anyone can take pity on me and email me the secret code or password, i'd be eternally grateful. i live in NYC and i'd definitely owe you a beer!! i haven't had time to access all the special mail lists/websites, etc

thepennylane@gmail.com

just hope this is not an indication about bonnaroo, though
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Penny Lane

oops-nevermind. i joined so all's good.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

fitzcarraldo

Hitchhiker - Absolutely!
Brian - You know it! Air Mattress Par-Tay!!! Who else?
Ghosts -  I'll ask Chloe how she feels bout that.  ;)  
VC - where in Long Island? It's not JFK or Laguardia huh. pm me the details

Wow this is exciting stuff, such a beautiful place to see a show. Nice one MMJ!

TEO

Well.......I could skip summer school, lose my teaching license, and throw away a 26 year career.......hmmm
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

aMD

QuoteHitchhiker - Absolutely!
Brian - You know it! Air Mattress Par-Tay!!! Who else?
Ghosts -  I'll ask Chloe how she feels bout that.  ;)  
VC - where in Long Island? It's not JFK or Laguardia huh. pm me the details

Wow this is exciting stuff, such a beautiful place to see a show. Nice one MMJ!

This is going to be amazing.  I'm sitting here racking my brain about how I could get up there and what part of sean's apartment I'm going to claim for my own but it's probably not going to happen.  Have fun sean and whoever else can make it!  And of course you are all obliged to come back with a full report (and a recording would be cool too).  :)

buaawwww

My Morning Jacket Set New Album Release Date, Kool Herc Tries to Save Hip-Hop's Birthplace, Fergie Pregnant? and More
1/15/08, 3:50 pm EST

My Morning Jacket have revealed they will release their new, still-untitled album on June 10th. The album will be the band's first studio release since 2005's Z. To mark the event, MMJ will bring their legendary live show to New York's Radio City Music Hall on June 20th.  ;D

buaawwww

This show is a must... would be cool to actually meet people from this forum there!

Is there a place to sign up in order to get presale passwords or anything like that???

B

Hey Vespachick,
I'm orginally from Texas but have been in NYC for a while now.  I've flown in and out of the Islip Airport a bunch.  It's not too hard, but it does take about 1 and a half to 2 hours to get into Manhattan depending on the Long Island Railroad schedule.  It's basically a $5 van ride from the airport to the Ronkonkoma LIRR station and then about $10 or $11 train fare to Penn Station.  

This show is gonna be awesome!!!!

Taterbug

QuoteDaggumit,   my brother is getting married that weekend in Florida,   :'(.   I'm out.
Tell him to have the reception at Radio City Music Hall or the rehearsal dinner....sorry to hear it Taterbug. I'm sure this means big tour to follow!

I am bummed out, it's sad, I was so excited about the show I totally forgot my bro's wedding date.  That would be a cool rehearsal dinner. I'm gald they like Chicago, I'm sure it will be on the list. I might have to take some time off to follow the band around the midwest.
Later   Tater   :)
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe