Radio City Music Hall - NYC 6/20

Started by admin, Jan 15, 2008, 10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vespachick

QuoteHey Vespachick,
I'm orginally from Texas but have been in NYC for a while now.  I've flown in and out of the Islip Airport a bunch.  It's not too hard, but it does take about 1 and a half to 2 hours to get into Manhattan depending on the Long Island Railroad schedule.  It's basically a $5 van ride from the airport to the Ronkonkoma LIRR station and then about $10 or $11 train fare to Penn Station.  

This show is gonna be awesome!!!!
Hey Thanks for the info, B.
$#*!!  After I read your comment, I went to book my flight and then discovered my SW credit expires too soon to use it for this particular trip! Those tricksters: it expires one year from date of purchase, not from date of flight!!  F*CK - Oh, not to worry, I'm still heading to NYC, but I'll have to pay with hard cold cash in which case I'll fly straight in to JFK.  

I have to use my SW credit by April 18....I guess I may be heading to SXSW as well!  I'm not too sure about those tickets to the shows though, how the hell does that work???
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

CC

QuoteThis show is a must... would be cool to actually meet people from this forum there!

Is there a place to sign up in order to get presale passwords or anything like that???

check this thread for all the pre-sale info
http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-local/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1200440358/

mjkoehler

QuoteDaggumit,   my brother is getting married that weekend in Florida,   :'(.   I'm out.
Tell him to have the reception at Radio City Music Hall or the rehearsal dinner....sorry to hear it Taterbug. I'm sure this means big tour to follow!

I am bummed out, it's sad, I was so excited about the show I totally forgot my bro's wedding date.  That would be a cool rehearsal dinner. I'm gald they like Chicago, I'm sure it will be on the list. I might have to take some time off to follow the band around the midwest.
Later   Tater   :)
Come to St Louis! They love it here too.

MickeyReds

As long as you keep a straight face...

DaFunkyPrecedent

college graduation present mommy????

Too bad im in Flagstaff AZ...but thus i did get to see their NYE, Telluride shows.  I guess we can always count on the Jacket to put legendary shows together all around the US.  West Coast - our time will come.  
God damn those shaky knees.

the_wizzard

soooooo very exciting!  as long as I can take that friday off, count me on a red-eye Thursday night.  and I get to go with 2 of my good friends and stay with my dear college friend (which means girly weekend in NYC...MMJ, shopping and museums with the ladies!). Cross fingers that I can get that day off!

buaawwww

QuoteThis show is a must... would be cool to actually meet people from this forum there!

Is there a place to sign up in order to get presale passwords or anything like that???

check this thread for all the pre-sale info
http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-local/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1200440358/

Thanks so much for this info CC Baxter!!!!  I am most definitely going to this show!  Hope to meet some of you and drink with some of you in NYC!

drewsdad27us

I will be driving from Durham NC to NY for this show that week. I will presale like heck on friday for sure and it will be my longest trip-600 miles to see them. Also, my 6th show. I am sure flying into Laguardia, JFK, even Newark will get you close enough to a subway for a ride in.

cmccubbin@work

this pre-sale is gonna be hottt!

da*n....miss the good ole days when the pre-sales didn't sell out and i knew i'd be able to get a ticket for sure!!!

so any chance they play Conan or Letterman the Thursday nite before the NYC show?
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

Taterbug

QuoteDaggumit,   my brother is getting married that weekend in Florida,   :'(.   I'm out.
Tell him to have the reception at Radio City Music Hall or the rehearsal dinner....sorry to hear it Taterbug. I'm sure this means big tour to follow!

I am bummed out, it's sad, I was so excited about the show I totally forgot my bro's wedding date.  That would be a cool rehearsal dinner. I'm gald they like Chicago, I'm sure it will be on the list. I might have to take some time off to follow the band around the midwest.
Later   Tater   :)
Come to St Louis! They love it here too.

I may have to make it down to St. Louis, I have never seen the Arch in person.  It's only about 5-6 hours away, it's alot closer than the 12 hour drive to New York, and a hell of alot cheaper to stay at also,  If I go I'll buy ya a Busch Beer  :)

I am Really excited for everyone that gets a chance to go to New York to see them,
GOOD LUCK IN YOUR TICKET QUEST EVERYONE !!!!!!! I will pray to the ticket gods for ya'all.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

mjkoehler

QuoteI may have to make it down to St. Louis, I have never seen the Arch in person.  It's only about 5-6 hours away, it's alot closer than the 12 hour drive to New York, and a hell of alot cheaper to stay at also,  If I go I'll buy ya a Busch Beer  :)

Yeah, you can literally fly in 55. Last time I drove to Chicago, the guy I went with drove and we made it back in less then 5 hours. The flux capicitor was burned out but hey we made good time. Also, keep an eye out of flights through SW, they frequently have been less then $100 round trip. A round (or several) of Newcastle and Kamikazes are on me.

[smiley=beer.gif]

JerseyRich

Can't wait!

This show will be Epic! Epic I say!

sweatboard

12hrs........ ;D

Till we do battle.  Come on DSL!!!!!  WE CAN DO IT!!

Shit, I posted that at exactly 10:00pm.  My trigger finger is in the zone.  Watch out!!!  I've got the front row finger.
There's Still Time.........

BH

Quote12hrs........ ;D

Shit, I posted that at exactly 10:00pm.  My trigger finger is in the zone.  Watch out!!!  I've got the front row finger.

How many are you buying?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

vespachick

Quote12hrs........ ;D

How many are you buying?

Gdddammitt!  My computer is running as slow as molasses in an ice cave!  I'm running checks to get it up to snuf but I fear I may be markedly handicapped!  My ace in the hole is that I'm only buying one ticket.  PPPPlease let it be in the front row!!!! I don't ask for much...  Hmm, maybe I'll run to the office at the magic hour where the IT gods are always smiling... :)
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

sweatboard

Hopefuly four, but I haven't really run that by the wife yet.  Last year I told her we NEEDED to buy two tickets to the Boston Pops show because even if we weren't able to make I would be able to sell them on ebay for at least what we paid for them...it didn't turn out so good........we ate the tickets.  :-[

I'm afraid she won't buy in this time.  This is going to be a hot ticket though, I'd like to come away with four though because I'm sure I could find 2 people that really wanted to go and I would be willing to let them go for face value.  
There's Still Time.........

buaawwww

8:45 AM in NYC and this website is already a little on the slow side?  Uh oh... lol

TheBigChicken

the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

BH

So are you guys going to keep refreshing the page that says

"Tickets for this event go on sale Friday, January 18th at 10AM Eastern Time."

at the top, or the page before that?   I don't remember what I did last time.   Damn that's a pretty rediculous question, I know, but I don't want to screw this up.

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

user_FKA_webmoster

Ive never bought MMJ tickets before, so im a little confused here. Will we just be able to purchase them at this link?

http://www.mymorningjacket.musictoday.com/MyMorningJacket/calendar.aspx