Radio City Music Hall - NYC 6/20

Started by admin, Jan 15, 2008, 10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteWhere Dave is?

I am here...I hope I stil can get some "kick ass seats".  ;)
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

tsk1122

Does anyone know how many tix we can but up to on Friday in the public sale?  I am going with a group of 8. It'd be nice if we can all sit together.

Thanks.

EC

Quotei find all of this very exciting.
i might venture down to nyc in june and try my luck for this wonderful event of joy in music.

You should, it's been to long.  :-*
if i do, i will behave this time. :)
well, i mean i'll still scream and stuff.

ms. yvon

i had it in my head that the public on sale for these tix had passed and i've been kicking myself for not buying a ticket.

and then...

logged on and saw the on sale is FRIDAY!

WOOOOOOOOOO!!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

Anu

I will try to score media access for this show, but if I end up booking travel without a for sure ticket, I may be at the mercy of someone here with an open heart.

I look forward to our family reunion.

BH

[size=72]ROUND 2[/size]

ding, ding, ding.

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

cmccubbin@work

Quote[size=72]ROUND 2[/size]

ding, ding, ding.

almost there...
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

pawpaw

I'm wondering if they'll have an opening act, and if so, who it'll be. I assume that they will, but hope that they won't. How awesome would it be to have an extended, two set show with them?!?! I know, getting greedy already...Does anyone know what the curfew is at RCMH?
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Jon T.

Because it's being billed as "An Evening with My Morning Jacket"  I would assume that it's just gonna be them.

Note- I have no basis for my assumption, just a hunch.

BH

QuoteI'm wondering if they'll have an opening act, and if so, who it'll be. I assume that they will, but hope that they won't. How awesome would it be to have an extended, two set show with them?!?! I know, getting greedy already...Does anyone know what the curfew is at RCMH?

I think "An Evening with" implies that there will not be an opening band.  Isn't NYC the "city that never sleeps"?  Or am I thinking of vegas?

My question is, How easy is it to get drinks during the show?  I can't go 3 hours without a cocktail.  Is smoking allowed?  I don't smoke but other people smoking makes for good cover.  I think I know the answer to that question.  Is NY a smokeless state now?  I'm losing track.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

pawpaw

I think you two are right...usually the show flier will throw out the old "Plus Special Guests" if they intend for someone to open but don't have it figured out yet.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

bayonebill

Forgive me if I am repeating myself but I am new to these forums.
This is going to be a fabulous night in NYC.  A Spring, Friday night, almost the longest day of the year in the most beautiful concert hall and with sweet music
These is an artdeco lounge downstairs but the question is can you afford the cocktails :)
I want to thank you guys for your help in getting tickets.  You all are very generous.  

NoVa_NoLa

I think "An Evening with" implies that there will not be an opening band.  Isn't NYC the "city that never sleeps"?  Or am I thinking of vegas?

My question is, How easy is it to get drinks during the show?  I can't go 3 hours without a cocktail.  Is smoking allowed?  I don't smoke but other people smoking makes for good cover.  I think I know the answer to that question.  Is NY a smokeless state now?  I'm losing track.

One word:  flask.

:)

NYC is tobacco smoke free...not sure if RCMH is as friendly as the Beacon, but I can  find out.  Curfew?  New York may never sleep, but while I was home for Christmas/New Year's we went to a show (The Word @ Terminal 5) that was done before 11.

vespachick

I think "An Evening with" implies that there will not be an opening band.[

Yes, that's true.  I've made that mistake too many times showing up thinking there's an opener only to have missed the first quarter of a show.  DO NOT BE LATE!!
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

marshmeli

:)

NYC is tobacco smoke free...not sure if RCMH is as friendly as the Beacon, but I can  find out.  Curfew?  New York may never sleep, but while I was home for Christmas/New Year's we went to a show (The Word @ Terminal 5) that was done before 11.

RCMH is not as friendly, it was re-done a few years back with new seats and carpet and they like to keep it that way, so watch out...

There is no strict curfew for show sin NYC... it depends on the venue, though RCMH is def using union stage hands so it depends on the contract, if they go longer they will have to pay a fine (ala PJ at MSG in 2003) or they venue may turn the house lights on, while they are still playing (ala PJ at Philly Spectrum 2003) I have never been to a show in NYC where the lights got turned on like that though.

Crispy

So i need one flask for the bourbon, another for the sweet vermouth, then there's the bitters and a jar of cherries, and the mixer. And I need ice! Hope they don't mind me setting up bar in the mezzanine...
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

vespachick

QuoteSo i need one flask for the bourbon, another for the sweet vermouth, then there's the bitters and a jar of cherries, and the mixer. And I need ice! Hope they don't mind me setting up bar in the mezzanine...

Ahhh, Manhattan's in Manhattan.  That's a man who knows what he's doing!

My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

doEVILslittle

i saw the arcade fire there last may an definitely smelled some the herb being smokensed so....who that might be an indication of how friendly they are

DavidCrosby

The only other time I have ever been to radio City for a concert was when I saw Neil Young and there were a lot of people smoking pot outside the venue in line and even more inside the place, granted it was Neil but the smoking of the weed was abundent
listen to vinyl

SteamEngineWentWest