Previous topic - Next topic

Dillsnufus

MMJ will be on the next Saturday Night Live episode :D
I think the commercial said may 10th
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

skydog

I think it's May 10th, can't wait!

Dillsnufus

I bet they play Highly Suspicious and I'm Amazed(I wish they play sec walkin' though)
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

evilPaauwe

cheers.

skydog

I'm going to go ahead and call Evil Urges & Highly Suspicious

The DARK

I'm Amazed and Thank You Too
In another time, in another place, in another face

Dillsnufus

QuoteI'm Amazed and Thank You Too

speaking of thank you too I just heard it acoustic (with m ward) so beautiful .
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Don Dante

Yes, can't freakin' wait!

Gonna go with Evil Urges and I'm Amazed.
Keep on dreamin' boy,
cuz when you stop dreamin'
it's time to die.

Jaimoe

QuoteYes, can't freakin' wait!

Gonna go with Evil Urges and I'm Amazed.

I can't see them doing Evil Urges because it's too long and I can't see them editing it down to 4 minutes. I'm Amazed works for me.

aMD

WHAT!?!?!?!

This is crazy.  Looks like the boys have finally reached the next level with this new record.  I always thought they would but I was having doubts when they didn't break through with It Still Moves followed by Z.  Looks like the masterplan was a marathon not a sprint.

on another note, is it a little weird to anyone else that the performance is a full month before the record comes out? Maybe they'll move the release date up.  That would REALLY be new for the band.  :D

aMD

as far as songs, i'd like to see a new one and an old one.  I know this is probably just wishful thinking from an old fan but I'd like to see I'm Amazed and One Big Holiday.

Anyone know who the host is that week?

getinthevan

QuoteWHAT!?!?!?!

This is crazy.  Looks like the boys have finally reached the next level with this new record.  I always thought they would but I was having doubts when they didn't break through with It Still Moves followed by Z.  Looks like the masterplan was a marathon not a sprint.

on another note, is it a little weird to anyone else that the performance is a full month before the record comes out? Maybe they'll move the release date up.  That would REALLY be new for the band.  :D

I've been thinking that the timing of all this press is strange.  They got a massive amount of press at SXSW and they're going to be on SNL next week.  To me, it seems weird that this is all happening and the new record is still over a month away.  I really hope (and am looking forward to how) they keep building this huge buzz they have right now.  If they continue to get all this press, I could see the record debuting high on the billboard charts.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Andrushka

I think at this point it would be wise to get the record out as soon after the SNL performance as possible. That's going to be the peak of the hype and it will be fresh in people's minds if the record is released soon after. If I were ATO I would get this thing pressed ASAP and into stores ASAP to bank on all the hype and publicity.

Maybe they will end up pushing the release forward...

The DARK

I doubt it. Isn't Radio City supposed to be kind of a release party? I don't think they would downplay the importance of that show.
In another time, in another place, in another face

searchinbig

QuoteI doubt it. Isn't Radio City supposed to be kind of a release party? I don't think they would downplay the importance of that show.

Hi...

I don't think the album will make much difference. By that I mean that it's release won't skyrocket MMJ. ( or maybe it will!) They seem to be well on their way, and they deserve it.
Remember Radio City SOLD OUT in 22 minutes!!!
These guys are the real deal LIVE.        ::)
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

ManNamedTruth

I never thought they'd make it on SNL, honestly. Although it seems SNL has taken a more indie approach lately. I am unsure of the timing, maybe the release date SHOULD be sooner. Having not payed attention to SNL too much lately, i would assume this current season is probably almost over and then MMJ would have to wait til next season.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

fitzcarraldo

Anyone know who the host is that week?

Awesome!

bridget

QuoteI never thought they'd make it on SNL, honestly. Although it seems SNL has taken a more indie approach lately. .

They have taken a MUCH more indie approach lately. Other musical guests this year have included: Spoon, Vampire Weekend, and Panic at the Disco - I would argue that MMJ's fanbase is larger than all the fans of those three bands put together...

getinthevan

That could actually be a good episode.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

DaFunkyPrecedent

Wow..i just got slight chills.  This is going to be so huge for the Boys!  remember that Arcade Fire SNL show where they gave thousands of viewers the chills AND THEN played an extra 3 or 4 songs for the Studio Audience?  Im hoping the boys melt americas face!  
God damn those shaky knees.