My Morning Jacket SNL

Started by SuperKarateMonkyDC, Apr 12, 2008, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmccubbin@work

Billboard online reported they will be debuting "songs" off their new record, which implies the 2 songs will be from Evil Urges.

however, until May 10 we won't know for sure!
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

ycartrob

I just hope they do something utterly ridiculous while they have a captive live TV audience. The more stupider and provocative the better.

Don Dante

Yes, goofy outfits/costumes would be great, or at least an unexplainable sound a la Jim's chicken squawk on Letterman.
Keep on dreamin' boy,
cuz when you stop dreamin'
it's time to die.

sweatboard

QuoteI just hope they do something utterly ridiculous while they have a captive live TV audience. The more stupider and provocative the better.

I know!!  I can't wait to see what they come up with.  Keeping with the Wild West cowboy theme, they could put a small fence around the stage and play amongst a punch of mini ponies and goats, an alpaca perhaps, when they cut to that shot of the band before they are about to play (and then go back to a commercial) they could all be brushing the animals.
There's Still Time.........

BH

QuoteI just hope they do something utterly ridiculous while they have a captive live TV audience. The more stupider and provocative the better.

I know!!  I can't wait to see what they come up with.  Keeping with the Wild West cowboy theme, they could put a small fence around the stage and play amongst a punch of mini ponies and goats, an alpaca perhaps, when they cut to that shot of the band before they are about to play (and then go back to a commercial) they could all be brushing the animals.

brilliant!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Don Dante

;D  I almost wish you hadn't posted this and instead mailed it to the band in an official letter of suggestion.  This would be hilarious.
Keep on dreamin' boy,
cuz when you stop dreamin'
it's time to die.

sweatboard

Ha, If they did it they would HAVE to play Evil Urges........and Highly Suspicious.

ycartrob

and a seal with a multi-colored beach ball and a monkey with a chihuahua on a leash and...

DaFunkyPrecedent

jim should hop on a horse and do his solo from Im Amazed while riding though the audience...really his only option at this point.

Anyone gonna try and go to the show???
God damn those shaky knees.

aMD

Anyone know who the host is that week?

Awesome!

My desktop this week. :)

Ditto!

fitzcarraldo

Anyone know who the host is that week?

Awesome!

Nice!  How did you get that pic so fast!  I love how you can see the owl off to the right and the reflection of your guitar in the screen.  Classic!  My desktop this week. :)

Hey, the power of DVR (tivo). I actually found out Sunday morning when I went to check out Gnarls Barkley (wow, soooo good!) & weekend update . Had to move the owl into frame and get a pic of that :)  Damn, aint we so PROUD!  

& yeah I'm hoping 4 'Highly Suspicious'  :)

BuyOrangeRacket

This is the launch pad they really need for Evil Urges. I first caught the awesomeness that is MMJ during their Conan performance in '03, and they've been my favorite band ever since. Just imagine how many more legions they'll pick up with an SNL performance!

Already heard the SXSW performance -- 'Urges = genius. I absolutely cannot wait for June to get here.

Rock on, MMJ!
Charter member of the Fucking Awesome Weirdos Association of Northern California.

Dillsnufus

so does anyone want to change there decision now?
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

sweatboard

I think they should play "Good Intentions".........twice.

RandallFlagg

SNL put Wilco on a few weeks ago, their album came out last yr. and they're not releasing anything.

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteSNL put Wilco on a few weeks ago, their album came out last yr. and they're not releasing anything.

It was a rerun, but the original wasn't on that long ago.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Dorothy_Mantooth

i'm kind of pulling for them to play 'Let's Whip' by Dazz Band
"[Adrien Brody] is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by RZA."

dasmondhaschen

Quotei'm kind of pulling for them to play 'Let's Whip' by Dazz Band

aww yeah!  

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SE7-tWEEejU

whothrewthecake

these last two posts inspire me to be a better woman.

Dorothy_Mantooth

second choice: No Parking On the Dance Floor by Midnight Starr, but ONLY if the songtalking is included.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=c_Uj1u86lrE

There is more jheri curl in this video than 1984 lionel richie on a Saturday night
"[Adrien Brody] is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by RZA."