Main Menu

amazing...

Started by ali, May 08, 2006, 10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ali

just heard today that two miners have been rescued from over 1 kilometre down a gold mine in beaconsfield (a tiny little town about 15mins from where i used to live) after being stuck down there for over 2 weeks.....  they were trapped in the metal cage they were working in when a tremour caused a massive rockfall which landed on top of their cage. another miner died, but the other two miners WALKED out of the mine this morning.

just amazing!
love a song for the way it makes you feel

Jaimoe

I saw it on the news today in Canada. The story was in the news every day/night. Great news indeed!

ali

really? in canada? i had no idea it was being broadcast internationally... i bet that was the first (& possibly ONLY) time you'll see tasmania on canadian tv!

Jaimoe

Quotereally? in canada? i had no idea it was being broadcast internationally... i bet that was the first (& possibly ONLY) time you'll see tasmania on canadian tv!

I'd say that is not true. Canadian newscasts on the CBC, CTV and even Global, focus on world stories and are about as worldly as news can get.

ali

i guess i was just saying that even here in melbourne its kind of unusual to have tasmania mentioned in the news here, and we're in the same country, only an hour's flight away....

SMc55

It's been on the news here (the UK) too. The last thing I heard last night was that the rescue attempt was being held up for fear of a cave in. That's great news this morning Ali  :)

dragonboy

Here in Japan too on BBC world.
Great news that they got out OK!  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Mr. T.

They got it in Belgium too. It's a small world after all...

I heard that after five days, the got food and water and even an I-pod! I wonder what was playing...
We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

peanut butter puddin surprise

too bad the same result didn't happen for the guys in Sago, WV.

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

ali

Quotetoo bad the same result didn't happen for the guys in Sago, WV.

i know... i think this brought that tragedy back into everyone's minds... particularly when they first started releasing details about the miners still being alive

there is a massive spread in the paper this morning (including a front page picture of one of the guys down the pub, having a beer - very oz) - apparently brant webb asked for foo fighters on the ipod...

the other miner, todd russell asked his rescuers for the saturday paper as soon as he was out, so he could look for another job... don't blame him!